48 coaches online • Server time: 15:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Joost

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
I had a "did I leave the oven on?" kinda revelation, reading this.

Is this inappropriate?

If so, can retire. Honest question, so honest answers, pls. Don't wanna make the community a less-accessible place. Haven't gotten any criticism yet, but don't know whether that's because a) it's not that bad, b) it hasn't been seen by many women, or c) the collective audience doesn't have sufficient English skills to get the double-entendre. Might be a combination of the three. But only option A is really acceptable.
I would not think thatis offensive. Within limits imo and glad to see some effort put in the names.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think it's a good example of a joke that, notwithstanding some risque wordplay, is well within the bounds of the acceptable. But it's the kind of thing where reasonable people can disagree, and no one person can say once and for all that it's okay (except Christer, in the context of having it on the site, but that goes for everything.)
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Children and princes will quarrel for trifles

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh. Our community is holding, maybe, but there's a geek renaissance going on*, and Blood Bowl is a thing again, and all we're doing is holding. It may be worth discussing whether we need to change our collective culture to keep up with the times. I don't think that's the central problem we're having, but the conversation isn't hurting anything.

* and maturing, at this point. We, playing one of the more difficult gems of gaming history, should be the beneficiaries of a more mature geek renaissance.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

panalukidis wrote:
I can't believe this discussion is happening, are you all 12 years old? get over it ffs, it's a team on fumbbl. If you think his team name is harming women's rights, then maybe you should get off fumbbl. and do something productive to change something that matters.

I fixed the quote a little but I agree. Be a social warrior elsewhere.

@Lawofthewest and Jack....I had teams like yours at one time. My perspective has changed and my team themes have changed.
Seany18

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Why are we discussing minor issues like sexism here? These forums are reserved for complaining about important things like claw and turn 16 fouling.
Mattius

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ian of the west!
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
panalukidis wrote:
I can't believe this discussion is happening, are you all 12 years old? get over it ffs, it's a team on fumbbl. If you think his team name is harming women's rights, then maybe you should get off fumbbl. and do something productive to change something that matters.

I fixed the quote a little but I agree. Be a social warrior elsewhere.

@Lawofthewest and Jack....I had teams like yours at one time. My perspective has changed and my team themes have changed.

It is only being "discussed" because Ian came on the forum whining about it.

Now we're being told to 'fuk off' by coaches who haven't even been here 6 months?

Maybe we'll get the lock before people get warmed up.

When was the last RNG thread?

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

panalukidis wrote:
i can't believe this discussion is happening, are you all 12 years old? get over it ffs, it's a team on fumbbl. if you think his team name is harming women's rights, then maybe you should something childish and unnecessary. and stop voting trump. that would make everyone happy

Wow. Grow up please.
panalukidis

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

anyone who disagrees with my posts is welcome to message me here or privately. although i am a noob, and i may word my arguement wrongly, i think people generally understand what i am saying, for better or worse. if you take the 'fuk off' bit personally, have a long hard think about yourself. i don't even know you.

edit. thank you kondor for the edit that makes my point easier to digest, in the heat of the moment it's not easy to get the point across clearly without offending anyone Smile

Last edited by panalukidis on Jul 19, 2018 - 00:07; edited 1 time in total
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I am appalled.

ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Then if you don't intend offense, maybe you shouldn't tell complete strangers to "get the fuck off FUMBBL"?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
I had a "did I leave the oven on?" kinda revelation, reading this.

Is this inappropriate?

Yours is a bit different and definitely not as bad. It is not really appearing as a clear insult to women or anybody else. You have word play on the player names and they don't really link to the team name. If the team name was called dumb blonde women, maybe you would get some complaints. But it just looks like a jokey team. If no one complains no need to mention it.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattius wrote:
Ian of the west!

He is not forgotten!

Hahaha, I must be 12 years old cause this makes me giggle Laughing
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

@garyt1, you get the double-entendre in the team name, right?