35 coaches online • Server time: 09:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ohwatch

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

How win with skaven against Dwarf?

I don't get it...
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Score more TDs than the Dwarves is my advice.
Ohwatch

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't dodge because they have tacle.
I can't block because they have block/guard...
Harad

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The trick is to run faster than them. It sounds silly but the dorfs are so slow that one little mistake, one ball popped free and they can no longer win the game and suddenly you can gamble a bit and hope for the win yourself.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

use kick skill

kick it deep, run and get it before they can cage.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

What are the exact team build on either side? Without that we can only give very general advice.

Every Skaven is faster that every dwarf, so the general game plan would be to use your speed to minimize blocks against and get the dwarves out of position, so you can create local superiority and sack the ball/open a hole to run though and score.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 17:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You can't, just lay down and take it.

There is no point switching sides and using your pace to isolate small clumps of dwarf, who likes to be a big nasty whole.

Certainly dont down a couple then offer the cage a way to progress while leaving those behind.

And try to forget that str 3 vs str3 isnt what the dwarf wants, they want to use guard. Dont isolate their blocks, let them use their guard, it makes them happy.

Kick is a pointless skill, dont invest in it even if you have huge pace and agility to take advantage of deep kicks.

Your rats may be cheap but they should play with honour and never foul, especially not the few dorfs with agility, and the av8 ones. Leave them well alone.

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2018 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Beating dorfs with Skaven is easy.

Beating dorfs with Skaven and still having a team left for the next game is the question!

Just do the opposite to everything that PC just said, that dorf loving weirdo Twisted Evil
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2018 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I see what PurpleChest did there.
Ohwatch

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2018 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

So Dwarf are better than Skavens?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2018 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarf are lower variance and have their own set of issues. In the NBFL league where most teams are 2200+ Dwarves are mostly never making the playoffs partly due to the self selection process of the coaches who take them (you either have to be super sure of yourself or ignorant with the opposition strengths and weaknesses).

Dwarves losing 2 players on a drive is pretty bad which is of course tempered by their armor and skills which help mitigate that. Skaven could lose half a team on a drive and still be in relatively good shape if it's the right set of players.

Dwarves in the hands of a master coach like PC, malmir and emphasy are brutal slogs where all the tricks and misdirection don't materialize because they know and account for their own mobility issues.

You also have to consider the TV the games are played at and opponent type. ST4 Claw can snowball against Dwarves while against Skaven you're losing 50k linerats rather than 90-110k Dwarf Blockers or better.

Give both a shot and see what you like better.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2018 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohwatch wrote:
So Dwarf are better than Skavens?

in box, they both win 54% of their games, so they're both good

in ranked, skaven win 60% and dwarves win 49%
which shows the hilarious effect of pickers
 Jump to: