39 coaches online • Server time: 15:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2018 - 01:21
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious as to how long term established leagues (ruleset #6) are handling the current treasury rules. No spriralling expenses, no expensive mistakes. We're in a bit of a limbo where the cash just piles up.

In DIBBL I'm implementing the following:
"Existing teams and returning teams who have not played friendlies since leaving the league: 
No cap on TW. However if TV+treasury>2100k, then treasury must be cut to 100k 
e.g. TW = 1950, treasury can be no more than 150k; TW = 2000, treasury can be no more than 100k; TW = 2500k treasury can be no more than 100k. 
The treasury restriction is only for the first game of the season, treasury can grow freely throughout the season."

This league we have new entrants at 1500k tv competeing in the same pool as established >2200k teams. This is a small attempt at keeping things in check so that the monsters don't have a monster cash safety net. There is grumbling among the ranks (there always is).

How are other leagues doing it?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2018 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL is premised on all teams having bank, so we love the status quo.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2018 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

WIL and OBBA, cash piles up but you can't use it to buy inducements
So it's only useful to replace players, so it's not really a problem
razmus

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2018 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been ignoring the buildup in treasury. If overdogs use it to induce, they give away more inducement money. Underdogs first lose their free money if they use their own money for inducements. (I've never tried dumping a ton of cash into a game where I'm an underdog to find out if I'd be giving away inducement money to the overdog.) My feeling is that the money builds up because there isn't anything worthwhile on which to spend the money. I'd say it's a safety net that allows teams to easily replace players if something unexpected happens to them. (Well, unexpected except for me... I totally expect to lose a few players in most games.) Treasury really isn't something that my poor meat calculator factors in when I'm facing monster teams. Wink

My goblins wanna keep their treasury, 'cause they said they're planning to all retire to someplace warm and dark and I anticipate having to replace a dozen gobbos all at once.

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2018 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

SLA has Expensive Mistakes, but also uses the old rules to transfer treasury to petty cash before a game.

That said, that system is currently buggy, and the underdog ends up spending treasury cash to cover that difference. If anyone is in a ruleset that does similar, then please be ready to speak to an admin about your treasury if an overdog induces anything.
razmus

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2018 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

(I'll frequently induce a Babe even as an overdog in SLA/SLO just to burn off cash to stay below 200k.)
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2018 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

That's what I did against Craftnburn
He took his extra 100k in free inducements, and it took it from his treasury.
 Jump to: