16 coaches online • Server time: 04:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
To yheti or not to yheti?!
To yheti
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
Not to yheti
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 24

Milman

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2018 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hej all,

Starting a league soon and having been placed in a heavy poulle, i could use some advise on what starting roster i should go with. With norse there are ALLOT of options!
Going up against (going from first game to playoffs):

-dwarves
-chaos chosen
-orcs
-high elves
-chaos chosen.
Play-offs

Normaly i woudnt take the yheti,but now i’m having douths becaus of the high armour and ST group i’m in...

Any tips on what i should take best and why?
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2018 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not an expert on Norse but I would probably skip the Yhetee because I don't like how unreliable Wild Animals are, and Norse have other good tools against high-ST teams. Something like:

Runner x2 (For Dauntless and A access, which are both great)
Ulfwerner x2 400 (Better to have AV 8 ST 4 on your Frenzy piece than Block and AV 7 in my opinion - berserkers are good, but fragile for their price and susceptible to Frenzy traps. In a short league vs lots of strength like this I think I'd rather have the ulfs.)
8 linemen 400 (12th man is important)

3 rerolls
20k for apothecary

I dislike starting without an apothecary, but I think you need 3 rerolls - you could go APO and 2 rerolls if you think you can make it work.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2018 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say no, assuming you are using the standard 1 million starting roster. None of the yheti starting roster are great imo, and your season is very short. That said if you are using the new nominate 3 mvp rule then the yheti is little more worthwhile.

I like this one if i remember correctly -
2 Ulfwereners
1 beserker
1 runner
7 Linemen
3 Rerolls
1 Apothecary
Total 980k

For me Wild Animals suck, especially av8 ones. the only two high armoured teams are orc and dwarf and relying on a big guy for them does not seem like sound tactical advice. Just play good solid reliable blood bowl, and you should be ok. The other teams are all a good match up at low TV for Norse and I wouldn't want unreliable big guys costing me points in those games.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2018 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah forgot to mention that it is indeed a tv100 league to start with.
Its actualy a tabletop league so mvp will be completly random.
Milman

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2018 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
I'm not an expert on Norse but I would probably skip the Yhetee because I don't like how unreliable Wild Animals are, and Norse have other good tools against high-ST teams. Something like:

Runner x2 (For Dauntless and A access, which are both great)
Ulfwerner x2 400 (Better to have AV 8 ST 4 on your Frenzy piece than Block and AV 7 in my opinion - berserkers are good, but fragile for their price and susceptible to Frenzy traps. In a short league vs lots of strength like this I think I'd rather have the ulfs.)
8 linemen 400 (12th man is important)

3 rerolls
20k for apothecary

I dislike starting without an apothecary, but I think you need 3 rerolls - you could go APO and 2 rerolls if you think you can make it work.

No berserkers? They have S acces and so they can go for guard of MB.
And also,first match is vs dwarves. Having dauntless players wont do anything to my advantage. Berzerker on the other hand gives block,frenzy and jumpup!
Maybe take 1runner and 1berzerker?
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2018 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Milman wrote:
Yeah forgot to mention that it is indeed a tv100 league to start with.
Its actualy a tabletop league so mvp will be completly random.

I much prefer the random MVP rule.

But that's even more reason to ignore the yheti imo.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2018 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

@1000k the dwarves are not quite the problem for Norse that they will be with guard & mighty blow. utilise your greater flexibility/movement to win. Wouldnt bother with a yeti, can quickly become just an expensive bystander.

Chaos Chosen at low TV v Norse. utilise racial advantage & win. No need for yeti.

Elves, yeti is a total waste. hit them as much as you can with all your block.

Orcs. See dwarves.

I always think the problem with a yeti in a rookie norse team is that needs a bit of work to get it up to gamespeed (mightyblow/ block if lucky) and 5/6 game tournament I would go for a more certain options.

I think you can get away with 2 RRs with norse early on quite comfortably as everyone has block. I would probably look to an apo to start to keep the low AV positions in the fight as much as possible over the run of games.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2018 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

2 Ulfwereners
1 Runner
9 Linemen
3 Rerolls
1 Apo

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2018 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Augustine wrote:
@1000k the dwarves are not quite the problem for Norse that they will be with guard & mighty blow. utilise your greater flexibility/movement to win. Wouldnt bother with a yeti, can quickly become just an expensive bystander.

Chaos Chosen at low TV v Norse. utilise racial advantage & win. No need for yeti.

Elves, yeti is a total waste. hit them as much as you can with all your block.

Orcs. See dwarves.

I always think the problem with a yeti in a rookie norse team is that needs a bit of work to get it up to gamespeed (mightyblow/ block if lucky) and 5/6 game tournament I would go for a more certain options.

I think you can get away with 2 RRs with norse early on quite comfortably as everyone has block. I would probably look to an apo to start to keep the low AV positions in the fight as much as possible over the run of games.

These are the only matches i know so far.
These are the selection games.
After these games the best 3 continue and then we get dropped in a knock-out play-off system. If i could make it to the finals it would be a total of another 4games.
Zirgantz

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2018 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
2 Ulfwereners
1 Runner
9 Linemen
3 Rerolls
1 Apo

This. Although I feel a little sad in the hairier parts of my heart that there are no berserkers or yhetee in that lineup, I believe this is the best possible roster for the format you will play in.

Ulfs provide strength and surf threat. The runner allows you to get a blodge ball carrier quickly, along with Dauntless. The extra lineman lets you soak up some punishment, or allows you to indulge in the occasional foul. The 3 rerolls and the apo will give you peace of mind. It's so perfect that now I want to try it out.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2018 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

For me Wild Animals suck, especially av8 ones.

That's all wild animals though
Milman

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2018 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The people that post say no to the yheti.
The people that vote say yes to the yheti.
This is making it hard Surprised :p
fidius

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It shouldn't. bghandras is one of the best coaches on the site, and maybe *the* best with Norse. Yeah the roster is min/max. But he's right. Just do what he says.
Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
Garion wrote:

For me Wild Animals suck, especially av8 ones.

That's all wild animals though

well there is the blood thirster now. in that awful khorne roster.

But yeah, Wild animals suck

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

K,not taking the yheti.
Now i have to decide what of these lists i should take.
2ulfs,1runner,9linemen,3rr,apo
2ulfs,1runner,1berzerker,8linemen,2rr,apo
2ulfs,1runner,1berzerker,8linemen,3rr
(Or instead of the berzerker a second runner. Dauntless could become handy...)
What do you think?
 Jump to: