33 coaches online • Server time: 09:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do You Play In The Blackbox Tournament?
Yes, I've finished my 200 games.
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Yes, I'm on my way to finishing the 200 games.
16%
 16%  [ 11 ]
Yes, but I won't be finishing the 200 games.
52%
 52%  [ 35 ]
No, I've never joined.
26%
 26%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 67

DrDeath

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2018 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea this tournament! Would just echo other posts that it would be great to have a 100 game tournament, or less. I was interested when this tournament opened, but never entered because with a young family and busy job I knew I had absolutely no chance of geting to 200 games. Guess there are many middle-aged coaches in the same boat here - hope the next one can be more inclusive? It's good to promote Blackbox too, it needs something like this now that Blackbox sides are so disadvantaged in the new R and B Majors format (esp. Agility Blackbox teams).
kummo

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

About next season.. i have been thinking about something.

Instant Smack allowing box trophy run teams.

If box run teams can join smacks there is possibility to:
1) get a group of friends and plan it in a way that box run team gets free wins (would be rare but possible scenario and way to abuse the system)
2) even if you don't get points from smack tournaments.. well.. you'd get free way to farm your team up.. if plan was to only allow rookie teams on trophy run next season.. well.. this gives headstart to some teams/coaches to play with their team to the point they feel best suits the team (teams that needs development like slann, vampire, nurgle and chaos LOVE to farm this way)

1st scenario would need 7 other dudes (or alt accounts) to help and i feel like we have enough active coaches popping to spectate random games that odd behaviour would be caught. But there is still a chance that someone could do it.

2nd scenario would be more plausible.

Easiest way to avoid both scenarios would be to disallow trophy teams from joining tournaments arranged with friends or small group.

I wouldn't ban all tournaments (majors for example), especially with huge attendance or at very least having very open application so it is more likely there being random persons to meddle with these kind of shenanigans.

Scenario 2 wouldn't be problem if existing teams would be allowed into trophy run and they cost same amount as rookie team.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2018 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think it is better to inform organisers of ways of cheating directly rather than posting how to on the forums.
But I think tournament collusion is already something that is against the rules.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2018 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

well you get points from smacks, but do you really think that it's possible to plan anything in a random draw in a way that a box team gets free wins, and not have the admins who oversee a smack draw from the beginning notice?

You might as well say the same for brawls or any other tourney. Or the box draw itself would be even easier to rig.

I'd also really like to know how a rookie nurg/chaos/slann/whatever team is going to "love" playing against 2m+ necro/nurgle/chaos/cdorf/orcs. Because that's what tends to happen in smacks.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2018 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

How i was introduced how smack works was "gather 7 friends and contact tournament administer so they kick off tournament".

How it was advertised to me didn't sound like random 8 dudes playing against each other (at least every time).

Also what i heard was that some smacks have rules about which teams can join - like all new teams or tv limit.

I may have misunderstood something but that was what i got from that one video (flog?, vlog? fumbbl video blog?) and started thinking some possible problems it might cause.

If its random draw and all-tv-environment then i think my comment above can be skipped completely.
 Jump to: