45 coaches online • Server time: 11:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2018 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard of this a few times. Most notably with Lizardment in tv 1100 tournaments where standard meta is 6 block Sauri, English is 4 block, 2 break tackle, and Italian is 5 block 1 tackle.

Can anyone expand on this as to what other teams have these nationality based metas and why they are more common in certain nations?
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2018 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess it's mainly what the best players of these nations play. and imo such small differnces do not make a difference as the better players will be successful with all of the 3 above builds. it's more about preference
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2018 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm italian and I'd PASS BLOCK ALL SAURII

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2018 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
I guess it's mainly what the best players of these nations play. and imo such small differnces do not make a difference as the better players will be successful with all of the 3 above builds. it's more about preference

Well... Maybe. Or maybe it makes enough difference over 48 games at a Eurobowl?

Skill picks are a bit different to ‘metas’ in my mind. In England, we have quite a speedy / agile meta. Orcs and Dwarfs are out of fashion, although we turn up to Eurobowl with Dwarfs every year, but without Orcs and Skaven, as they’re not seen as top eight. In Italy, it would seem those two races are still popular and rated (especially the ‘kill all the things’ Skaven variant). The French still seem to still take Rats but aren’t so fond of Amazons, or they’re out of fashion. When I go to Germany, I tend to find a greater number of bashy, attritional builds where we in England would lean towards Guard and positional stuff. Spain has a lot of ‘build your team and take your skills for x cash’ tournaments, so that breeds a different sort of build and encourages stacking. That’s the prevailing sort of ruleset in the States, too.

That’s all a super loose generalisation, and I’m sure there are many exceptions. But as a short summary of some areas, I think it serves.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2018 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't being able to have 4 or more of the same skill quite unusual? I thought 2 or 3 max was typical but that is based on my limited experience. Perhaps eurobowl is unusual.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2018 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

No, not really. Some tournaments limit skill repetition, but most don’t. It depends what your local fashion is, as much as anything else. Eurobowl is, by design, hyper vanilla. Perhaps that in itself is unusual in 2018.
Domfluff

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2018 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of Eurobowl's ruleset is pretty typical for my experience - it seems to represent a good baseline, at least.

(1100TV. Tier 1: 6 normals, Tier 2: 7 normals, 1 double, Tier 3: 6 Normals, 2 Doubles)

What is unusual about Eurobowl is the lack of inducements (aside from Goblin bribes and Halfling chefs) - not being able to take star players really hurts some teams, especially Stunties, but arguably some others, like Amazons.
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2018 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Previous years star players were available for tier 3 teams. Don't know why they took it away.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
 Jump to: