65 coaches online • Server time: 20:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Salad_Bar

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So this may seem like a dumb question, (but as I don't play either team with a treeman on them.) would jump up ever have a place on any treeman? I mean, to me one of their glaring problems seems to be not getting up easily, so this seems like a good way to get around that. However, treeman are str 6, and have take root, so I can see it just becoming a skill that is not too helpful due to them not hitting the ground. (I also know that it would be low on the priority list due to it requiring double rolls to get, with block, dodge. etc. taking priority over it.) So I guess my question is this, Would jump up ever have a place on any treeman's development, and if so when?
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Treemen have MA2 so the beneift of gaining MA 3 from jumping up would be nullified somewhat.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump Up is actually great for Treemen, because it enables them to stand up without having to make any roll, and even move afterwards!

Although you're right that being a double makes it hard to get - you definitely want Block first, and probably also Dodge. Wood Elf Treemen (which have Loner) might even want Pro first.

But it's all circumstantial - I would say it's worth at least considering on any Treeman that rolls a second double (first double being Block always).
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 06:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Before the addition of ti-mmmber!! to fling treemen, jump up was strongly debatable as a choice over even block (especially since without block, you can unroot yourself on a bothdown).

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If there are 3 double skills which are better then it's probably not ideal.
delusional

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen this combo picked before, Treeman with Jump up.
This was under the old Jump up (no +2 agg roll).
Sadly the client did not assume an automatic stand up, so no benefit.

A halfling coach made the point that if you get block, and you do a 2d offensive block you only fall on a Skull Skull, if you get a skull/block, block/skull or block/block you remain standing. It's a reason why Block may be better then pro, but I would take pro as take root just kills this player.
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

How about Juggernaut and blitz with the Treeman as much as you can?

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump up is one of the best double skills for a treeman to take! Also knocking over treemen is a common tactic, due to their inability to get back up and slow speed once they do.

Oscar Wilde
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump up is probably at least as good as block on a WE treeman as has been proven by probably the best WE player in the world in tournament play. Even if he has later abandoned the treeman.

In long league play block might be slightly better but short-mid term I think jump up is a better choice just like MA+>block
probioticsob

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Although you're right that being a double makes it hard to get - you definitely want Block first, and probably also Dodge. Wood Elf Treemen (which have Loner) might even want Pro first.

super mario bros online
 Jump to: