61 coaches online • Server time: 11:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2018 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Unsatisfactory?

Those two players already WTR as they failed the roll last season. Therefore, they still WTR and the system will mark them as N/A so as not to reroll and incorrectly overwrite the WTR indicator.

Note, they have received the discount to the new seasons duration *20k cost.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2018 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

OK you keen and eager bunch. Do not dump any money until your team has been checked.

We don't have the possibility to give you another cash injection to correct mistakes.

So if you make a mistake you'll have to grin and bear it.

Thankyou

polemarch

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2018 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

OK. So to be totally clear, once a player WTR then it holds for every future season. They never get the chance to change their mind like players often do in real life?

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2018 - 22:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I guess they're thinking, "hey they paid me a bonus last season to stay on. Even though I don't really want to retire anymore, I'll make the most of their generosity. They love me"
almic85

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Correct Poley.

And the cash they ask for is based on the total number of seasons they have played, not the number of times they have rolled want to retire or the number of seasons since they rolled want to retire.

As an example on of my skinks on 21 games failed his wants to retire roll for the first time so I need to pay him 40k (20k for each of the two seasons he has completed).

If he had played 61 games and then failed his first WTR roll then you would need to pay him an extra 120k to stay on.

If you're interested join the Fringe
polemarch

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

So in a ware it is best to rehire those who fail their WTR roll early on because they will never get more expensive than that.

Ahhh. Now I have to go and do some math

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Polemarch -

- WTR flag is permanent. Once you WTR you will always WTR
- The WTR additional cost for a player is always [Current Number of Seasons played * 20k]
- The cost increase for WTR is based on seasons played (currently per 10 games in SWL).
- The cost for WTR also increases over time such that every additional Season after they WTR adds to the cost as well (ie every 10 games more they play) they will want a further 20k...

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

OK..... clear as crystal mud now Wink
sounds like a make or break season then

sacked Great Big Kentucky Sausage Fest which should leave me with a full team and 20K in the bank.

i don't know why I was fussing.....

next seasons rebuy is going to be really scary though.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2018 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Guess what kicks off tomorrow?

Irgy

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2018 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

polemarch wrote:
next seasons rebuy is going to be really scary though.

Just do what I do and get all your players killed polemarch, haven't had a scary rebuy yet*.

* my recent redraft is only very indirectly related to having my players killed (dead players <- low AV -> too many outbashed games -> wanting AV8 -> discovering that DEs are my one true team and I should just stick with them -> seeing DEs available -> redraft)
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2018 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season 74 is now up and running.

Good luck and praise Nuffle!

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010

Last edited by Balle2000 on Oct 24, 2018 - 13:37; edited 1 time in total
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2018 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone can assist in a snazzy team logo for my Dwarves, be much appreciated... the SWL has certainly improved on its graphics since I last played!
almic85

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back to another session of looking into my crystal ball and predicting what will be (some would say guessing, but they just aren’t true believers like you lot!!!).

After scraping into Prem this season on a tie breaker of a tie breaker of a tie breaker for the final spot the Cryptids are hoping to step up to the big time and cause a few upsets. The end of last season saw two skilled saurii get killed off and the resulting lack of treasury means a very lean starting TV of 1490 (with my frenzy, break tackle Saurus missing the first game) meaning we are the third smallest starting team. The smallest team is Foad’s Norse Blackwater Cockfighters at 1440TV and the largest team is Ramchop’s Wood Elves Bravado at 1710TV meaning a 270TV spread with an average TV of 1567.5 across the division.

The general make up of Prem this season is surprisingly fast and dodgy, with a bit of muscle thrown in. 2 Wood Elf, 1 Skaven, and 1 Amazon teams are the paper, 1 Norse, 1 Lizardmen and 1 Necromantic Undead are the scissors; and 1 Orc team is the rock. There is a lot of didge, but a decent smattering of tackle on key sackers so we should see a good season determined by good coaching.

Anyway onto the season predictions
Round 1 vs Lab Rat Elysium (D_Arquebus, Skaven, 1560TV)
First game and I will be missing my frenzy, break tackle saurus against a skaven team with a +MV gutter and a +ST gutter. The rats can definitely rack up the points fast enough the question is going to be can I get them off the pitch quick enough and hunt down his key gutters. Unfortunately I can see Hutch getting away from me due to his speed.
Prediction Loss 1-3

Round 2 vs Blackwater Cockfighters (Foad, Norse, 1440TV)
Round 2 against a frenzy heavy norse team. At least I’ll have my frenzy back. This is a team that could out bash me or just push me off the pitch every turn. I just have to trust in my ST4 Saurus and sidestep skinks to keep me on the pitch.
Prediction Tie 1-1

Round 3 vs Bravado (Ramchop, Wood Elf, 1710TV)
I hate wood elves.
Prediction Loss 1-3

Round 4 vs [adult swim] (Tomay, Orc, 1610k)
Tomay is a good coach, despite what I always say. There’s a reason why he keeps getting to prem even with an average looking orc team. I just need to contain his two superstar blitzers with a few well placed skink boots and I should be able to get ahead.
Prediction win 2-1

Round 5 vs Wildwood Windlords (Sandune, Wood Elf, 1690TV)
I still hate wood elves. These ones have a ST4 wardancer. I hope he trips and dies.
Prediction Loss 4-1

Round 6 vs Brew Pub Brouhaha (polemarch, Amazon, 1480TV)
Dodgy, Guardy, Blocky, Wrestley zons. Hopefully I can pick up a bit more tackle before getting to these girls at the end of the season. No plus stats but plenty of skills to take on and a good spread of guard will make it harder to take on but I think I should be able to just pip these guys at the post.
Prediction Win 2-1

Round 7 vs Pugs Not Drugs (Mushoomy, Shambling Undead, 1640TV)
Final round against the champ. I don’t think I will be in a position to win this but this is one of the teams that I think I have a decent chance against on paper. I could be fighting to avoid relegation and Mushoomy will probably be fighting to win it, but hopefully I can make a difference to the final standings one way or another.
Prediction Win 2-1

So the overall season prediction is putting me in the middle of the pack with a 3-1-3 season. Will it be enough to avoid relegation? Will I do better? Will I fail harder than the last time I made it to Prem. All I know is it’s been fun getting here.

That’s it folks. Good luck to everyone in the SWL and remember we can all become a legend!!!

swladmin

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXIV Round 1 A...
whisper whisper ...whisper

Whaddaya mean its round 2. Why did no one tell me?? Any heads need to roll for round 1? No, seriously. Guess the Axeman's rep counts for something. OK then.

SWL Season LXXIV Round 2 Axe

SWL Premier League LXXIV

All Clear

SWL Vanisburgh Vipers Conference LXXIV

Unicorn Gunfight vs Evil Moon Rising - extension

SWL Brethren of the Horned Rat Conference LXXIV

All Clear

SWL Huge Axeman Regional LXXIV

All Clear

ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2018 - 03:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

hi SWLers (and anyone else who might be interested).

A lot of SWL teams use the checkerboard widezone pattern for their pitch logo. It looks great, but if you look closely you'll see that it's not perfect.

Everything is 1 pixel out, shifted left.

The 360 x 450 template doesn't work.

With some help from B2K (who told me the correct dimensions), I've tested a 361 x 450 pitch logo. It fits perfectly both home and away. Feel free to grab and edit it:

The far left and far right squares are shaved one pix narrower so they don't overlap with the grass pitch halfway and endzone lines.

Astrogranite pitches (blackbox) have narrower halfway and endzone lines so those end squares may need to be normal width. (I'm one game away from testing this)

EDIT: tested and confirmed. This one works for Box:

Jump to: