24 coaches online • Server time: 06:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2018 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Having a hand in designing rosters for both, maybe I can comment.

Firstly there are fewer rosters in Stunty therefore they've been given more attention.

Secondly Stunty is an official division. This means it's much easier to get good things done at a high level.

Thirdly rosters designed for both divisions are very different. Secret League is sympathetic to the original describing goals. You want these rosters to work with current rosters.

Whereas Stunty was a clean slate. Stunty has its own natural limitations so applying the standard game descriptions would be negative. So there's a total freehand in over describing, but you have to limit standard type players.

An example would be clan moulder. I designed a roster for both. For Secret League I kept it '2 tone' like the official Stunty teams. Slaves and Rat Ogres. For Stunty your looking for at least 4 different player types, preferably 5. Hopefully wacky and fun too.

The flip side is a beast master. In secret league you have more freedom of developing a cool star. In Stunty as a positional you have to be careful he isn't or doesn't become broken.

The 2 places have completely different design goals.
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2018 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, but as a result stunty leeg is the only variant (in TT) I have seen really work and is fun. Supreme work you and others have done on stunty leeg.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You may not like secret league and that's fine. Your personal opinion. But to suggest it doesn't work is just plain wrong. There are many TT groups using SL rosters, and a large number of very successful leagues using the rosters here also, cibbl for EU time zones, SLA for American time zones are 2 stand out ones. The rosters are very well balanced all in all and have been finely tuned over 3 years now. I would recommend you play there a bit more as you have played very few games, or better still try one of those leagues I mention.

I too helped develop the stunty leeg rosters with harvestmouse and whatball, along with one or two others for their current versions. While it is a fun alternate variant I think it's problem is how shallow it is. It is great low to mid tv, but once you start getting too much tackle and mighty blow it's a bit of a dice off.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Motskari wrote:
Retired.

So, stunty is dead nowdays?

Well, there's currently a tournament going on. And I've found a couple people playing stunty.. So.. Not yet if at all possible.
 Jump to: