41 coaches online • Server time: 19:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill for Lamean?
Dauntless
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Frenzy
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
Leap
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Fend
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Diving Tackle
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Pro
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Shadowing
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Sure Feet
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Something else
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Pie!
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 44

Bram

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Lamean earned his 6th skill and became the first legend of the Pearled Unicorns.

So far he got mighty blow, block, tackle, dodge and sidestep.

What should he get as a sixth skill? Dauntless? Frenzy? Leap? Pro? Shadowing? Sure Feet? Fend? Diving tackle? The latter two seem to be not going well with his AV5.

Something else perhaps?

The skill roll was a regular one.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving tackle goes well with sidestep and tackle. However have to say I'd fire him, unless you like him for the fluff - an Av5 legend is a lot of eggs in a very fragile basket!
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

would have considered jump up at least, not sure if would take it, or what would take in that situation, but jumpup, dt, fend, surefeet or shadowing would be my choices.
fend goes well with av5 I'd say though, its defensive anyway, and annoying in combination with SS, still not too sure on what I would go for.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I would retire this guy. Av5 is really bad.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You win over 70% of your games with this race so I am sure you know how to play your team so that you will get your use from him without the 5av being much of an issue, despite those who say to fire him. I picked Dauntless so he can take out 4 or 5 Strength players without too much strain on positioning your team trying to get an extra assist or two.

Bram

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not retiring him now as he's trying to become the top blocking elven union catcher. He needs 10 more casualties for that. Probably frenzy will get him there faster. Or dauntless?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy generates more knock downs than Dauntless, so, Frenzy.
Kaze

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy, let him die in glory.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 16:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Frenzy generates more knock downs than Dauntless, so, Frenzy.

I look forward to seeing the proof of this statement, feel free to show your working, how you have accounted for the likelihood in game situations of the assists needed for frenzy to be effective being in place and balanced that extra manpower need into your calculations of team efficiency. The statistical analysis of the chances of facing a str4 BC, or higher, can be added as an appendix, as clearly that figure is basic in your calculations. I most look forward to the stage where you take the basic math we should all be using and acclimatise it to this coaches specific play style and races faced bias, despite the limited sample size, and amend the overarching advice to be so specific to him and his question.

Or just post something as factual based on simple non specific maths and personal prejudice. That could be fun too.

but to be fair
MattDakka wrote:
Retire.

I agree with this.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The goal of the poster is not dealing with st4 ball carriers, nor team efficiency, otherwise he would have retired the player.
He's trying to get casualties to become the top blocking EU catcher, and Frenzy is better than Dauntless for that.
Personally I would retire him, but since he asked between Frenzy and Dauntless, I suggested Frenzy.
Can't be bothered to prove my statement, cause it's crystal clear that Frenzy is better than Dauntless to generate casualties (more blocks, more knock downs, more AV rolls, more AV breaks, more injury rolls, more casualties).
Simple like that.
Bram

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

On this wardancer I took frenzy after consulting the Fumbbl community.

I admit that I somewhat regret the choice of frenzy on a wardancer. It happened more than once that I stripped the ball free on the first -2d block, only to get a skull on the second -2d block, suffering a turnover.

Sure, Lamean isn't a wardancer. He doesn't have leap nor strip ball, so this is an entirely different case. But still, frenzy often does get you where you don't want to be. Also adds surfing potential though. Still not sure Smile
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

sure feet then, some extra reach without often spending a reroll is great for getting that record.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

bram wrote:

Sure, Lamean isn't a wardancer. He doesn't have leap nor strip ball, so this is an entirely different case. But still, frenzy often does get you where you don't want to be. Also adds surfing potential though. Still not sure Smile

You said you wanted to get casualties, I suggested the skill to get casualties.
If you are so concerned about him being in bad positions you should be as well concerned about the blatant inefficiency of AV 5 on such a skilled player and retire him.
Just blitz/block with him where a second block doesn't get him in trouble, and rack the casualties.
And yes Frenzy adds surfing threat, so it's nice for that too.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

What is wrong with a double edged sword? It is a sword with TWO edges, after all!