45 coaches online • Server time: 18:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spinball

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Can anyone help me find the newer inducements for specific teams? I played in a table top tourney in November and one of my opponents hired an assistant coach that counted as 3 assistant coaches (I think). I bought the Blood Bowl: Almanac 2018 and it isn't in there, does anyone know where I can find this? I just don't want to run into another table top tourney and not know what I am getting into, thanks.
stowelly

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

what specific team was it?. there are currently the rules, deathzone one + two a load of spike magazines (rules for individual races) and the almanacs which seem to be summarising the rule releases for just that year
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The Inagural Almanac contains everything not in the box up to and including DZ2, and the 2018 one everything afterwards (to the Undead Spike! which I presume will make the 2019 Almanac). So you’re one rulebook short. Check thenaf.net/tournaments/nafdocs for help and advice as to what is available at tournaments these days, but for the wordings of the rules, you’ll have to buy the book.
CaptainParrot

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember the name the inducement, but I'm fairly certain that it's in the Inaugural Almanac. There's a section covering additional coaching staff that can be bought/induced. I'll check when I get home.
stowelly

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
The Inagural Almanac contains everything not in the box up to and including DZ2, and the 2018 one everything afterwards (to the Undead Spike! which I presume will make the 2019 Almanac). So you’re one rulebook short. Check thenaf.net/tournaments/nafdocs for help and advice as to what is available at tournaments these days, but for the wordings of the rules, you’ll have to buy the book.

to quote the 2019 naf doc

"AT PRESENT, THE DOCUMENTS THAT MAKE UP BB2016 ARE:
• The rules in the box (Box) (the Official Rules)
• The inaugural Blood Bowl Almanac which encompasses Deathzone
Seasons 1 & 2 (DZ1)/(DZ2), Teams of Legend (ToL), the Errata
(ERR) & the FAQ (FAQ)
• The Chaos Chosen, Dark Elf and Nurgle Spike! Journals "

does this mean that everything released after this is not valid at NAF tournaments? (such as new undead stars / wizard etc etc) or is the NAFs policy to auto include everything?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

It’s probably Fink da Fixer?

On the NAF policy - everything listed in the Annual Review (basically everything up to and including the Nurgle Spike!) is mandatory if the tournament allows stars (other inducements are at TO discretion) for that race. Stuff that arrived after the review (Undead Spike! onwards) is allowed at TO discretion and we treat it in the same way we treat house ruled stars. That means a TO submits it in a rulespack and we consider it before sanction. The GW stuff is basically treated as pre-approved, as we’ve never said no yet. Then, the following November, new stuff will be formally included (or if it’s a problem, not) in the NAF rules for the next year.

We went this way because a) members said they wanted some stability and the rules not to change every three months (potentially before they even arrive in their language) and b) because members want the NAF to act as ‘commissioners’ for our group in the same way a league has a commissioner or FUMBBL has Christer. They want us to appraise new things, rather than blindly accept them (while understanding official GW rules are super-probably going to get the nod).
stowelly

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

That's great, thank you for clarifying!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Any time! Always feel free to PM me if unsure or you have questions about anything NAF related. I don’t lurk in the forum much these days. Wink
spinball

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

All very good information, thanks
 Jump to: