47 coaches online • Server time: 00:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Keep or Retire
Keep
41%
 41%  [ 12 ]
Retire
58%
 58%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 29

Eddie

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I have applied for the Warpstone open as my first ever major tournament quaalifier on FUMBBL and the team building has gone very well, really liked where my team was at before my last game. In that game my emerging wight died and my veteran skeleton with block, guard got a niggling injury. Now I need some advice on what to do with the skeleton. Guard on a skeleton is really good to have since only the wights and Mummies have access to strenght skills normally and since my wight died I'm left with only 3 guards. Should I keep him with the niggling or retire him (I usual fire any niggling, but since I really see guard as an important skill on skeletons it a hard decision)
Team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=626781

Player: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=7607169
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire non-special niggles. Keep a niggle if it would be hard to rebuild. A 2-skill Guard Skelly is explicitly not worth keeping, because Guard is a waste on AV7/niggle, even with Block and Thick Skull.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

wouldnt it be beneficial to keep your tv higher to be sure you get into the competition>?
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

For what it's worth, I would probably keep him and use him aggressively until he dies/suffers another injury. A guard/block skelly with a niggle is better than a rookie zombie IMO, and the TV bloat is not huge. Also, consider you may well be playing against teams with a much higher TV in the tournament, and inducements - especially star players - are rarely great value for TV, so upping your team value to reduce the difference in team value between you and your opponent might result in your team being more cost effective, despite the bloat from the sub-par skelly.

Having said all that, you've gotten feedback from players way more experienced than me, and the consensus seems to be retire...
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well for a start you can think about it again after one more match as he wont be playing it and wont contribute TV to it. I don't think it contributes to tournament application either if you are not playing more matches before.
I would be tempted to keep him for the tournament as you will want all the skills you can get. Just try not to stand him alone against opponents. Plus thick skull still helps limit KOs.
The tournament will be a challenge without talented Ghouls and Wights, but good luck!

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

yep, keep it. us it wisely to support the advance of mummies and other roadblocks, or assisting your ballcarrier in a wider cage. Thick Skull should mitigate, but not compensate, the niggling injury.

Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd retire him.

You already have 3 other guards and three 5ST players. He's foul food atm.