31 coaches online • Server time: 09:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Halfabrain

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2019 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

HI all, I'm taking Underworld to a tournament, rules are 1200k team with 2 double skills and 5 normals.

I was going to take 3xRR, Glart, Skitter, the troll, 2xStormvermin, 2xthrowers, 1xLM and 4 gobbos which comes to 1200 exactly

I was thinking of taking block on the troll and tackle/guard on the 2 SV with a stripball gobbo and another with 2 heads though I am tempted with horns. Not sure about the other skills.

Any comments or suggestions would be gratefully received.
lautrehamon

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2019 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You can use Leader for a thrower to cut a RR and add a skaven lino. Looks better than a two head goblin for exemple.
Stimme

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2019 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of tournaments require 11 players before adding stars. Is yours an exemption?
delusional

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Curious how you want to use the troll.
IMHO if you are going to use the troll as something other then a roadblock, Pro is a strong option. Particularly if throwing a gobbo is part of your scoring plan.

Thrower with Leader makes sense to save TV.
With the old dauntless, I would throw it on 2x of the Gobbo's. Now, nah. Although Guard on a Gobbo could be tempting.
Storm 2x Guard. (normal skills).
Foul appearance and Two heads on Gobbo seem like good normal skills to pick up.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like a fun team, though having 13 players could be tempting when you have skaven and gobs. Or 12 plus the apo for badly hurts. So as mentioned above leader could be worthwhile as you have a lot of skill slots. Additionally as Stimme mentions it is possible you have to have 11 players before stars. Worth checking.
Block is definitely better than pro on the troll. Your skill suggestions all look good. Kick is useful as you have some quick players.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Give troll pro block guard
storm mb claw tackle
thrower leader
Halfabrain

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I should add that star players are allowed as part of your starting 11 and skills are limited to 1 per player. I like the idea of leader on a thrower, that would allow an extra LM for 13 players and let me swap Glart for Glart jr... 2 extra MA and 3 AG seem like its worth it for losing SF and Grab. I feel like Tackle on at least 1 SV is important as there are likely to be plenty blodge players about
smallman

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Troll claw if you expect some av9
Storm tackle
Storm guard
Leader thrower
Gobbo 2 heads
2 gobbo wrestle
delusional

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2019 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
Troll claw if you expect some av9
Storm tackle
Storm guard
Leader thrower
Gobbo 2 heads
2 gobbo wrestle

I like the idea of Giving the Gobbo's wrestle.
But with only Str2 it's a tough game. You could give Wrestle and Dauntless on one gobbo. But I would be worried about people pounding that Gobbo.

No claw on a Storm with Tackle^further above. You won't get an AV9+ dodging too often.
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2019 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfabrain wrote:
I feel like Tackle on at least 1 SV is important as there are likely to be plenty blodge players about

Tackle in tournaments is a strange gamble, in my experience.

There might be one game where it's absolutely crucial, and there are probably going to be two where it's just a dead skill.

I' m currently leaning towards the thinking that a second guard is more useful all around, but I might be wrong. More data required and all.

Also, the more two heads goblins the merrier. Imho that's one of the main strengths of Underworld, dodging in everywhere to set up crazy chains.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2019 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I’m told a few have had great success with Kreek Rustgouger. He does look rather handy. I’d probably plump for Skitter and Glart Sr. myself, but it’s certainly worth considering the Veriminator.

Skills wise - I think your initial thoughts are pretty good. Block Troll, a Guard and a Tackle, perhaps a ball pop skill on a Goblin with the second double. Leader Throwers are handy, and I might consider Wrestle on the other Skaven.

Tackle in this sort of environment is an oft-debated thing. It’s common for FUMBBLers crossing over to overvalue the skill in the different format, but equally, it’s common for resurrection types to undervalue it, assuming Frenzy or Wrestle will do the job and they become over-reliant on pseudo-Tackle. Most of the time, I’d rather take one than not. The only exceptions I make are where I think I have to maximise the core schtick of the team and risk leaning on Wrestle or Frenzy because of that. Humans are a good example; I find you need all four Blitzers to get Guard to maximise their thing; being a Guard down against ST teams can be critical, whereas you can probably cope with the fast AG teams with your pace and a Wrestle Lino anyway.

Have fun!

(Edited - missed you can’t stack)
Halfabrain

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2019 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks ladz food for thought. Maybe see a few of you at LondonGt
 Jump to: