70 coaches online • Server time: 22:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skill on the necro ghoul
AG 4
75%
 75%  [ 25 ]
Sure hands
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
Something else
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

Milman

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2019 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

So i’m doing a tabletop league with a necro team!
Skilled up my ghoul. Rolled 11!
Next game is vs a very good wood elf player with a ag5 stripball wardancer!
Do i take ag4 or go for the surehands to counter stripball?
Problem is, its a short league so pressure to win this game is high!
For now i have:

Wolf block
Wolf skill i still need to choose. (Probably block...maybe tackle? Becaus i dont have this yet?)
2xwight with guard
2flesh golems
THE GHOUL
6zombies.
3rr’s
And 80k in the treasury. (Should i buy a second ghould?)
Mattius

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2019 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you keeping the same team for next season? If so 100% +ag. If not, I'd still go for +ag to help pick up the ball for when you lose it.
Milman

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2019 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattius wrote:
Are you keeping the same team for next season? If so 100% +ag. If not, I'd still go for +ag to help pick up the ball for when you lose it.

Nop. Next season is another team.
Dont you think protection vs stripball is needed. And especialy with not having tackle to hunt the dancer down?
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2019 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

You could always give your other wolf wrestle snd thrn zombie gang foul!

D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2019 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Short team lifespan and high pressure to win that game = Sure Hands for me...

If they can leap and push to knock the ball loose with Strip Ball, you will lose.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2019 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It's so TOUGH.

I voted AG4, but now that I think about it. SH.
Only because I can see you Caging that Ghoul. SH, Dodge with Guard players around then you should be able to hold out.

If you are playing a lot more games, then AG4.

BTW definitely get another Ghoul. You need to collect the ball vs wood elves.
anyone playing against you will go "take the Ghoul out". If the opposition can take out your wrights and wolves then you will be in big trouble.
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2019 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Block.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2019 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

How many other games are you playing and what sort of teams.

Ag4 is amazing on ghouls, but even with guard you are super vulnerable to strip ball without sure hands. .

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2019 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Also: Can you induce Hack? A chainsaw wielding player stood next to the ball carrier is either added incentive to not leap into the middle of a cage (or if the warning is not heeded, you need a 2+ (1D6), 5+ (2D6) to break armour, without the need for block dice).
Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2019 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

AG4 for sure. too good to pass over. Of course, if you dont choose it, nuffle will give the woodies the win and kill your werewolves. If you choose it, your AG ghoul will die some horrible snake-eyes dodge death later on, but first make you grow to love it and let it win a bit.

Box the ghoul with the guarders on diagonal corners and something on the other corners that will make the WD regret saying hi (tackle on the dog?)

Edit: Keep the 80k in the treasury for sweet inducement action or to prevent inducements by the Welf.

Edit 2:
Mateuszzzzzz wrote:
Block.

I'm going to call this Stinkfoot's law.

The longer a thread asking for skill suggestions on FUMBBL and r/bloodbowl goes on, the greater the chance that someone is going to say block, regardless of whether or not your player already has block.

Last edited by Eczemabeard on Mar 12, 2019 - 15:59; edited 1 time in total
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2019 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

With two Guards you can protect reasonably from Strip Ball. Move down a side, set your cage up one field from the side line, Guards on opposite corners. He will think twice to leap in for a halfdice only to get surfed. Of course you need to screen / surround your cage with more of your players so if he knocks the ball lose he can't easily pick it up. Then with AG4 you'll just pick it up the next turn, after you have surfed his Wardancer.

AG4 Ghould is amazing because he can reliably dodge. An absolute match winner.

Your biggest problem is your lack of Tackle but I'd still not give it to a Wolf as first skill, he will just cause turnovers. I do like the suggestion of Wrestle though, with the short-lived team you don't have to worry about rolling Mighty Blow next, and Wrestle Frenzy will mitigate the lack of Tackle to a degree. Other than that, try to get 3d blocks on his Catchers and leave the Tree alone. Good luck!
Milman

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2019 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Played the game today.
Won with 2-1 and got to hurt 3 elves in the proces.
I went with wrestle on the wolf that realy helped allot in taking down the wardancer.
Took Ag+ on the ghoul what was scary in some moments but it worked great.
Got an intercept with a golem! And standfirm also counters stripsball!! What was handy,lucky and fun! Very Happy
Was a fun game and now i’m in the running for the play-offs again.
Thank for the advise.
Now i’m up against undead next game Smile
delusional

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2019 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Milman wrote:
Played the game today.
Won with 2-1 and got to hurt 3 elves in the proces.
I went with wrestle on the wolf that realy helped allot in taking down the wardancer.
Took Ag+ on the ghoul what was scary in some moments but it worked great.
Got an intercept with a golem! And standfirm also counters stripsball!! What was handy,lucky and fun! Very Happy
Was a fun game and now i’m in the running for the play-offs again.
Thank for the advise.
Now i’m up against undead next game Smile

Man glad Ag4 worked out.
For all those that scream block, a wressle player can be even more effective!

but I don't get this:
>> And standfirm also counters stripsball!!
Well I don't think this is a correct interpritation of the rules. If you are meaning a player with 'standfirm' does not get stripped of the ball.

stand firm
"A player with this skill may choose to not be pushed back as the result of a block. He may choose to ignore being pushed by ‘Pushed’ results, and to have ‘Knock-down’ results knock the player down in the square where he started. If a player is pushed back into a player using Stand Firm then neither player moves.

Read more: Stand Firm https://bbtactics.com/stand-firm/"

"strip ball
When a player with this skill blocks an opponent with the ball, applying a ‘Pushed’ or ‘Defender Stumbles’ result will cause the opposing player to drop the ball in the square that they are pushed to, even if the opposing player is not Knocked Down.

Read more: Strip Ball https://bbtactics.com/strip-ball/"

They are not pushed to a square. However "may choose to not be pushed back as the result of a block". That isn't they can ignore the pushback.
I see it that they are 'pushed' into the square they are standing in. Fluff, a player that strips the ball would strip it out of an immovable player.

Did you really give the ball to your Golem?

Naturally having the Golem in the cage means if the ball went free, you have a player interfere and maybe grab the ball.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2019 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

An AG4 carrier is superb for ag3 teams. If you had lost due to strip ball you would have still had better chances from ag4 in the remaining games.

As Delusional says above if you are wrongly using stand firm to stop the ball drop then you got away lightly! Sounds like a 2-1 loss may have been the right result.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2019 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

SH and Tackle on your wolf my $.02