63 coaches online • Server time: 21:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How can I make best use of a 5+5 roll on a TT Bloater?
+MA
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
+AV
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Side Step
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Jump Up
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A cool P access skill, namely...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Another A access skill, namely...
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
A yummy pie
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2019 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

In my TT league, I've received a 5+5 roll on a Dodge/MBlow Bloater. It's the top killer in our league and I want to make him even more annoying.

Turning down Nuffle's Gift will cost me my +AG pestigors.

Essential info: The teams in the league are 2*Orcs, 1*Human, 1*High Elf, 1*Skaven). They are not bashy at all (the one Orc coach is very conservative, the other is afraid to play me lest I kill his players again); last time I checked I saw only one Tackle player, so very conservative lot.

The other bloaters have
- Block
- Block
- Dodge Sidestep (and it's a pain in the ass).

How can I best accept Nuffle's gift and not spurn him by taking Claw/Block/Guard?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2019 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If you take the double, why not Diving Tackle?

Nurgle are at their best when they control movement, and DT, Tentacles, etc. are all skills that help them do that. Opponents that can't get away from you are opponents you can claw into and kill. As an example is Fangman Clawhand. He'll become a bigger target yes, but he'll force opponents to waste blitzes and blocks in attempts to deal with him to free up movement.

You already have dodge and MB, so your next normal is obviously block, and at 76 if he lives that long, you'll have a tough choice between claw and stand firm.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2019 - 17:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

From Long ago NBFL experience, Detroilet Sewer Lions had 3 blodge Bloaters (One also with side step) that allowed them to become the #1 defensive team in the league. This was before Marcus got REALLY good too.

Blodging ss bloaters are THE bee's knees
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2019 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Block.
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2019 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidestep is the wrong answer, because you can still get stand firm later with a normal roll.

You use the double with diving tackle or you get block for more reliable killing. Both valid options. In an ongoing league where your bloater may play as many games as you stay in the league, i would recommend diving tackle. In a limited setting, where you only get to finish this season and then you will start from cero, you must take block.
Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2019 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
if he lives that long

Oh yes he will. I'm the only person to foul regularly. The others won't.

They'll also buy five RRs and all the players they can fit on their team rosters.

They're collectors. Archivists.

I'm not

Well apart from doubles and stats which I never turn down 🤣

Edit: this team has had 17 skill ups and 7 were doubles or stats. That's more than decent.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2019 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL, I ignore doubles on Bloaters.

But you got one Dodge/SS Bloater, might as well make it two. Bookends and all.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2019 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I do love to play Dodge + Sidestepping Nurgle Bloaters (and I have been quite lucky with my dicerolls as well, yielding teams with multiple blodging annoyances, especially a guard-sidestepping blodger and a dt-blodger).

That being said, I don't believe, those to be the most competetive builds.

Since you said, that he's the top-killer in your league and you want him to get even better at that, I'm afraid that the plain old block + claw route might be the most effective.

With dodge+mb he was at 16+ spp, already. With +block & +claw he'll have to get to 51spp for that.

For effectiveness go block, for fluff and not letting nuffle down, take dt. Then, when he also got block + claw (at 76spp), you can still give him sf at 176spp, if he should ever get there and rolls normals as last roll...

edit: With block and claw, next, he'll probably accumulate spp at a much higher rate than with ss or dt as well, i think.

Last edited by finsterface on Apr 02, 2019 - 23:49; edited 1 time in total
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2019 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving tackle looks like a great option. Block can come later. Plus there are other Bloaters who can get claw or tackle.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2019 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving tackle is good, block too depending on your league schedule.

But i would take side step so you will have 2 sidestep dodge bloaters, it will make the identity of the team, and a team to remember!
It's not as good as diving tackle but it's not bad and lot more fun for fluff : the steppin bloater twins !
they're gonna be pain in the ass Smile
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2019 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ma. Nurgles biggest problem

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2019 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I own a Diving Tackle Jump Up Bloater but in most of my games I feel that this skills are wasted. 1/3 of the Jump Up block attempts fail and without Tackle, Diving Tackle is far less useful. Then you have to consider the downsides of a heavy hitter using Diving Tackle: he is not able to hunt other players or block the ones still standing next to him in the subsequent turn.
In my opinion there is no argument for Diving Tackle on Bloater instead of Tentacles. Diving Tackle is best assigned on Pestigors.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2019 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry Dom, I disagree. I absolutely love playing with my Diving Tackle bloater. You can argue that Jump Up is a horrible skill, but that's a different matter.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2019 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow so much manners

Being sorry to disagree XD

I'll end up choosing yummy pie the way this is going XD
 Jump to: