25 coaches online • Server time: 09:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fxiii

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2018 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks all for your reports, only needed to ask Wink
razmus

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2018 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
I got a participation t-shirt for you....I printed 10,000 of these expecting they'd be in high demand, and so far haven't seen a single one at a match...you guys are so ungrateful! Smile

ImageOkay, I've had a thousand commemorative gold color coins virtually minted, and left them in the Blackbox main office. Any coach can collect their coin after playing their thirtieth game with a single team as long as they get the game in before the deadline. (A larger version is here /i/576457 for folks who want to play with image width.)
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2019 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
My squads have now played 89 games. We had an extremely poor start with only 2 wins from the first 10 games but things have picked up a bit since and I'm hoping for a top 5 finish if I have a good run from here to the end.

Khemri: 6/5/2 (65%) Failed to win in their first three matches but things have picked up a bit and got plenty of mb to give us a shot.

Elven Union: 10/9/4 (63%) Had far too many draws. Been quite an unlucky team with snakes in the last turn/s turning several wins into draws and draws into losses. A notable exception was their last match when they got owned but snatched an entirely undeserved draw with a ludicrous one turner.

Norse: 10/5/1 (78%) A decent record but some of those draws should have been wins.

Slann: 14/6/4 (74%) My favourite race but it was a slow start with only 2 wins from the first five. Then things improved. Can't reach Vicius' record for race leader but hopefully won't be too far behind.

High Elf: 8/4/1 (77%) Going well at the moment with two ag5 helping things a lot.

So happy enough with how we are doing. Hoping to mount a challenge for Khemri and High Elf race leader.

Finished my run this morning with a final definite total of 123.5 plus any racial leads I manage to hold onto. Very happy with this total, especially given the start I had. It may well get overtaken, but should give me a high finish.

My final team split was:
Khemri 16/11/3 72%
Elven Union 13/13/4 68%
Norse 22/5/3 82%
Slann 17/8/5 70%
High Elf 18/8/4 73%

High Elf and Slann tailed off slightly from my 89 game point check but the other three improved considerably. Was a lot of fun - good luck to the rest of you in completing your runs.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats Malmir to that awesome run.

I've now completed my first 50 games, 10 with each race.

Humans: 8/1/1 = 85% probably tough to keep that up but I got some nice blitzers
High Elves: 7/2/1 = 80% hopefully can continue strong
Elves: 6/2/2 = 70% had some tough matchups with this team, and a great catcher should hopefully be able to mantain
Khemri: 5/4/2 = 70% probably pretty strong for khemri, Team is solid, +ag missing hope to mantain
Slann: 3/6/1 = 60% happens as they are pretty weak early, faild to progress any blitzers and the only good one died, will be tough but they should still go up

Overall 29/15/7 = 73% which looks like I got a shot at the top 10 spots if I can keep it up.

Let's see if I can get my slann going properly.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw this some time ago and thought it sounded like fun, but I have no clue how long the season is, if it's too late or what's going on.

Anyone feel like pointing me in the right direction (is that the door)?

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/boxtrophy

create 5 rookie teams (within the restrictions in that link), and play 150 games - 30 each, in the space of one year. You have 262 days left for this tournament. You can start and finish whenever you like.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks! Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2019 - 05:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think that's me done for another two months. So an update on my quest to complete 5 sprints with the 5 races I haven't sprinted with yet to become an...

I got two more sprints done with Box Trophy teams (and another done with my Box Gobs). There are a few more mornings available to play when not at work.

Following their solitary win in a Rookie Rumble at the end of November, my vamps were next cab off the rank to do a sprint. I've had a bit of success with my League vamps (two DIBBL titles) but ARR me hearties were terrible. And as they progressed, getting skills and Pro, they only seemed to get worse.
1/6/9 for the Sprint

After Vamps, might as well scrape the bottom of the barrel and do the Flings. ARR me halfies completely shocked me. They actually did well! 6/3/7 for the sprint. Giving me the current Fling racial lead in the Trophy. And I'm keen to play more.

As well as these two sprints, I nudged my last 2 teams into action. High Elves, got to the 2nd round of their Rookie Rumble (1/0/1), and Pro Elves (4/0/0) my first Minor title! \o/

I'm now committed to getting my 150 games in and completing the Box Trophy. Hoping to knock off the Elf and Helf sprints in Feb/March and claim that pretty Ultimate WARRior badge.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2019 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I've finally completed my first 50 which puts me exactly on track for finishing on time. Should make use of the remaining winter months to get a little buffer though... Can't really say I'm satisfied with my results, win rate is only 56%. I sure hadn't expected to be over 70% like the top coaches but I had been holding out for 60-65% so I have some catching up to do. It felt like I had some tough draws and then whenever the draw was kind, the dice weren't, but that's probably a little bit of biased perception and I also know that my coaching hasn't always been at my A game.

High Elves: 7-1-2 (75%), these guys have been great actually, nothing very special about the team except an ST4 Catcher, but very solid performance.
Khemri: 2-3-5 (35%), utterly disappointing, I expected these guys to be great fun as Khemri have been for me in the past but they had a couple of tough matches and also I think suffered most from me not having my A game. Besides, not sure if taking MB first on all TGs was the right call.
Norse: 6-3-1 (75%), these guys I expected to disappoint but they didn't, the start was even better than the current ratio. Got an ST4 Runner and an AG4 Blodge Lino and was lucky with casualties.
Underworld: 2-2-6 (30%), here went nothing. I hoped these guys would do well at low TV but it was rough. No TDs, no Cas, no SPP, no nothing. They're shaping up a bit now, can really only improve.
Pro Elves: 4-5-1 (65%), unspectacular team, unspectacular performance, but doing alright. Considering I don't really like Pro Elves, this score is quite ok.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2019 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

50 games milestone reached here, too. I applied to the trophy with no hopes for finishing but it now it doesnt look so bad. And it is great fun, too, so maybe I can go the long way in time. The overall results as of now are much better than I expected, too: 24-15-11 or 63%. Okay, not fxiii standard but good for me. Wink

...And Lettuce For All, Halflings, 4-3-3
A winning record \o/. These are so fun to play and not so bad at all at low tv. I tried to get the chef in tournaments and through cash but that did not help as much as i thought. Fouling like there is no tomorrow when your opponent lacks a bench does help indeed. I love my Flings.

Expunder, Underworld Denizens, 5-3-2
I am very pleased with their record, they pulled some good results from games that looked little promising. I am unsure whether it is normal to buy the third Troll on game 7 though?! I stopped giving them Tentacles if that just makes people kill them. We lost a carrier as well but the vermins are getting their damage skills now. I guess I should have known from the start that that is where the Underworld game is coming from.

Grace and Dignity, Woodelves, 8-2-0
I picked my favourite race to have some joy in case my other teams give me too much frustration. That proved unnecessary but worked excellently. We did lose a wardancer in our first match: Dignity was fouled to death by a goblin from Under the Boardwalk [BT]. That sentence gets a place on my virtual mantelpiece. Oh, and the other one skilled +ST in return. Smile
I had hoped to play some low tv WE games but they grow so fast, it is impossible to keep them low.

Maggotron's Moldmen, Nurgle, 1-5-4
Uff. I knew I was taking what is possibly THE joke team in the trophy, as they come at full 3 points cost. I just always wanted to try them out and hoped the high ST could do something for me. But 2d without block and very few rerolls and no good ballhandlers just always lets us fall short of success. We now have some block and a 3rd reroll for more reliablity - if only our possible opponents had not developed twice as fast. The team feels constantly overpriced for what they bring. A maxmin team so to say.

North City Dead Presidents, Humans, 6-2-2
Contrary to the Nurgle, the humans always feel lean since players and rerolls come at reasonable prices. So while or opponents struggle to cover the basics, we already bring some extras like MB+tackle. Humans seem much stronger than what I remember from lrb4 times.
fxiii

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2019 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

close to the end here, 6 gobbos game to play and we'll come with a positive record with goblins, pretty proud of that !!

humans, undead and high elves finished a couple of week ago, and made some poor records (20/19.5/19.5), not enough to play the title... bad ideas in team development and played wrong lead to that... most shamy is really undead, after a great start finally lost so many points...

but the top thing is Norses, 30 points on 30 games !! (ok only 27+3 for playing 30 but i believe it could be a top score this year !! 25-4-1 total record, yeah boyzz you deserve your valhalla !!

so next week i'll end my goblins, then try to make some good suggestions for season 3 Smile
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2019 - 20:41
FUMBBL Staff

HALFWAY! 6 months to go.

An update on my quest to complete 5 sprints with the 5 races I hadn't sprinted with yet to become an...

High Elves ARR me hoity-toities went 6/7/3, fairly average but in a less than busy ARR season was enough to grab a top 10 spot.

71 games and 50 points, I was looking good to get to 100 ponts, and 150 games.

What next, stick to the programme and bring out the 5th team - Elves? But 2-3 weeks would be too tight for me to knock off the last sprint. Wait or deviate from the plan?

I multi-activated the other 4 Trophy teams, and experienced my worst Fumbbl run for a very very long time. Including League games I went 1/0/13. It was painful. In one game my first 4 turns ended in snakes. In another I was pitch cleared in Turn 5 (of the first half!). Nuffle clearly didn't like me deviating from the plan Very Happy

Currently sitting at 83 games, 53 points. I'll make 150 games. Will I make 100 points?
Strider84

Post   Posted: May 17, 2019 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
I've now completed my first 50 games, 10 with each race.

Humans: 8/1/1 = 85% probably tough to keep that up but I got some nice blitzers
High Elves: 7/2/1 = 80% hopefully can continue strong
Elves: 6/2/2 = 70% had some tough matchups with this team, and a great catcher should hopefully be able to mantain
Khemri: 5/4/2 = 70% probably pretty strong for khemri, Team is solid, +ag missing hope to mantain
Slann: 3/6/1 = 60% happens as they are pretty weak early, faild to progress any blitzers and the only good one died, will be tough but they should still go up

Overall 29/15/7 = 73% which looks like I got a shot at the top 10 spots if I can keep it up.

Let's see if I can get my slann going properly.

2/3 of the games completed, and not looking too shabby:

Humans: 12/3/5 = 67% Had some rough games, but team looks good. need to bring this back up to 75%
High Elves: 14/4/2 = 80% exactly the same record as after 10 games. With a +ST leaping blitzer possible to hold.
Elves: 12/2/6 = 65% even worse than after 10, but team is nice so no reason to not bring this back to 75%
Khemri: 10/8/2 = 70% same points in the second half, even though not losing any game. Team looks strong
Slann: 11/6/3 = 70% incredible run on the second 10 going 8/0/2. some lucky games included and mainly carried by the catchers. Blitzers keep dying so probably hard to maintain.

Overall 59/23/18; 70.5% yielding 80.5 points with the 10 points for completing 20 games each. just continuing with 70% would bring this to 120.5 which would not be enough, racial leads look a bit out of reach except high elves which I would need to take away from Malmir to bring it to 122 with him dropping to 125.

but then again looking at the teams I might be able to get the full 40 points + 5 with a 75% win rate in the last 50, so I will probably have to keep going just to see if I can get the high elf racial lead Smile
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2019 - 23:52
FUMBBL Staff

Made it!

First goal complete, now to go full 5 team multiactivate and finish this thing.

50 games in 120 days, 2.4 games per weekend. As long as I don't get distracted by Instant smack invitations, I should get there. Or I guess I could bring one of these teams to a Smack...
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2019 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Just made it to 100 games, on track to finish!

High Elf: 14/4/1 These guys are lovely to play now they have skilled up a bit - especially with an Ma9 Ag5 catcher, and a S4 A5 lineman. Like driving a Ferrari after a bunch of Fiats!
Norse: 15/8/2 Too many draws to challenge for the racial lead but they have been unlucky in drawing some tough opponents, solid team.
Slann: 16/2/5 Went the catcher route with these guys, just one blitzer. Generally they've played well, they also have been a little unlucky in repeatedly drawing chaos dwarfs who are not a nice opponent for slann.
Human: 15/4/5 After a promising start these guys went through a horrible spell where blitzers just kept dying. Have rallied since, a Block ogre is a lot of fun
Elf Union: 5/2/2 Only just got going with these guys after a nasty opponent rage-quitted, and left them in limbo for over 6 months until the concession bug was fixed for the admins (not going to name him but thankfully after a one month ban for several such offences seems he has departed for good and won't trouble the nice FUMBBL community any more!). I find these guys the toughest to start, they are so fragile with so few skills - still at 11 players!

So 82 points so far including 7 bonus points, a win rate of 75%. If I can continue at that rate I would pip the current leader Malmir at the top, but I'm under no illusions - it's a good total and will be difficult with more seasoned coaches lurking at the higher TVs! Really enjoying it though and looking forward to the challenge Smile

Hope everyone else is enjoying it too - looking at the bigger picture I think this competition has really reinvigorated the Box, lots of interesting matchups compared to the bad old days when boring CPOMB chaos squads dominated (loss of PO also good there). The drop to 150 games for the Trophy has also been a good move, opening it up to more coaches I think (including me!).
 Jump to: