46 coaches online • Server time: 23:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best John Carpenter film?
Halloween
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Dark Star
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Assault on Precinct 13
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Escape from New York
11%
 11%  [ 8 ]
The Thing
30%
 30%  [ 22 ]
Starman
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Prince of Darkness
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Big Trouble in Little China
27%
 27%  [ 20 ]
They Live
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
In the Mouth of Madness
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 72

NairoD

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
NairoD wrote:
They had one in new star players (bombardier). Sadly she dont have HMP

yeah the pie thrower

I like way GW goes with flings (especially with starplayers). As Catcher is ni e addition I dont see proper use for hefty. May be as small roadblock with those Fend... But for 50k? Nope still dont see proper use for him
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
These appear to be the new positionals heading to the hafling team

Fling catcher 0-2: 5/2/3/6 catch/right stuff/dodge/ sprint/ stunty for 50k A
Fling hefty 0-2: 5/2/3/7 statline with dodge /fend/ stunty for 50k AP

As a huge fling fan I can't say I'm happy with these, the catcher is so so, but the hefty seems like a waste of space.

Thoughts?

In my opinion Catchers should have been either 6/2/3/5 or 5/2/4/6 Catch, Right Stuff Dodge Stunty A.
They are so so, but default Catch and Sprint slightly increase the chance of 1TTD, so still better than nothing.

Hefty looks weird, he might be useful with Hail Mary Pass for desperate plays (maybe the designers thought of Hail Mary Pass on Hefty + Diving Catch on a Catcher, but I'm afraid I'm overestimating them).
Fend sucks, Hefty would have been better with G access (or at least default Sure Hands).
AV 7 is nice.
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The Bombardier could provide a neat bonus: She can uproot your own trees on those long drives.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
The Bombardier could provide a neat bonus: She can uproot your own trees on those long drives.

doesn't sound like a good strategy to me tbh

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

They Live is underrated and y'all that voted for BTILC are casuals
Kam

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

We need a team that sucks. Hard. Flings are fine as they are.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i got the statlines of the new stars for the flings:

Neddley Verruca (hafling): 5/2/3/6 dodge, loner, secret weapon, stab, stunty, leap, very long legs 70 k

Cindy Piewhistle (halfling): 5/2/3/6 accurate, bombardier, dodge, loner, secret weapon, stunty 50k

Rumbelow Sheepskin (halfling) 6/3/3/7 Block, horns, juggernaut, loner, no hands, tackle, thick skull 170 k

Big Jobo Hairyfoot (halfling, ogre) 4/3/2/8 dirty player, loner, stand firm,stunty, tackle, wrestle 120k

Also one extra star, a golden era star player, not familiar with those, are they optional ?

Captain Colander (halfling) catch, disturbing presence, dodge, fend, jump up, loner, regeneration, right stuff, stunty,side step 100 k

Stabber, pretty good vs low av blodgers for a mere 70 k, bomber fling equivalent of the gob one is also a nice addition, The fling ram is pretty pricey for what he's bringing, better option.

The best thing is surely that wrackler dp str 3 for 120 K, he has stunty so he could break cages but he has no dodge and ag 2, quite the gamble.

Rest of the stars are unchanged, except Bertha who dissapeared from the list, we will miss you big girl, take a long vacation.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Those look nice tweaks to me. I don't play Halflings, but did a fair bit of Stunty League when it was going strong; I found the difference between Av7 and Av6 huge. 7 is the most frequent AV roll - 17% - so having a Hefty player which doesn't break on that roll is great imo. Plus you have a fair chance of rolling 10 on a skill-up at some point = Av 8, halfling roadblock! Fend isn't bad either. I agree the Pass skill access will usually be pointless, but still the Hefty looks a worthwhile player.

Catcher is a nice little bonus too, and good to once again see some stars which are actually worth taking - overall they've done a very good job with the new Spike stars. And that is enough - don't want to pimp Halflings to the point where they win half their games, that would ruin the fluff and stunty challenge, and just be ridiculous.
Roto

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

NairoD wrote:
Garion wrote:
NairoD wrote:
They had one in new star players (bombardier). Sadly she dont have HMP

yeah the pie thrower

I like way GW goes with flings (especially with starplayers). As Catcher is ni e addition I dont see proper use for hefty. May be as small roadblock with those Fend... But for 50k? Nope still dont see proper use for him

I think the main use for Hefty will be as a cheap and easy extra RR with Leader.

Other than that, I think they have some usage on Tree sitting duty.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see uses of Hefty. I think both positionals are marginally better than a normal halfling. Neither is spectacular or gamechanger though.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
We need a team that sucks. Hard. Flings are fine as they are.

Yeah I'm with you Kam.

Personally I didn't want any change to flings for this edition. other than maybe allowing chef to be on the roster, rather than inducement only.

However the catchers are an ok addition imo. They are a nod to 2nd ed, and certainly don't break the team. The Heftys I really don't like their design. their random P access is nonsense, and I just don't think they will get used in leagues, or open environments because of the bloat in tv. However a lot of the design goals are aimed at resurrection tournament crowd and I can see him getting more love there, so its fair enough, and certainly not a buff so its ok with me, even though i'd personally rather they didnt exist.

I think all the new fling star players are great additions to the game though.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Any news about hotpot. Only thing I know it is inducement for 60k
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2019 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The new fling inducements are both worthless
0-3 bottles of heady brew (40k)
D3 players on your team get dauntless, frenzy and really stupid. 

0-1 halfling hot pot (60k)

start of turn roll 1d6, on a 6 you hit, 2 to 5 miss and scatter d3 squares in a single direction. On a 1 you hit your own dugout and D3 randomly selected players are moved from reserves to the ko box .
A player hit, either directly or by the scatter is knocked down and roll for av and injury as if hit by Mighty Blow. Also roll 1d6 for every player adjacent to the "hit" player. 1-3 they dodge the stew, 4-6 they are placed prone. No turn over is suffered if your own player is placed prone unless holding the ball.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2019 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the hot pot. Do you get to choose who gets frenzy/dauntless/stupid?

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2019 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but why would you want anyone on your team to gain really stupid.

And hot pot has too much of a negative effect to make it worth taking. Just take a babe, or horatio instead.