58 coaches online • Server time: 23:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2019 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

All divisions are now go.

Due to some unforeseen last minute changes, we've had to restart this season's Regional. Apologies for any inconvenience. Those of you with SWL Fantasy teams might want to resubmit.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2019 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

When is the due date for R1?
swladmin

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2019 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 76 Round Due Dates

Round 1 - 8. Apr. 2019
Round 2 - 15. Apr. 2019
Round 3 - 22. Apr. 2019
Round 4 - 29. Apr. 2019
Round 5 - 6. May. 2019
Round 6 - 13. May. 2019
Round 7 - 20. May. 2019

MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2019 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Death Watch SWL LXXVI Week 1
What do you call four dead linemen, a zombie and a pestigor?

A good start.

"A disappointingly slow beginning for the Premiership, Bob, with only one fatality across two matches."
"And an even poorer showing in the Conferences, Jim. Lots of players with broken bones, but they're all still breathing. Looks like it's up to the Regionals to show everyone else how it's done."
"That's right. Although it's maybe just youthful exuberance - there's been a rush by the Regionals to play their games, when the deadline is still a week away. Hopefully the other divisions will wake up and start killing soon!"
"But it looks like this week's award for the Cruelest Cut goes to Otto Kaltenbach, for ending the career of Eggboi just as it began."
"Enough jibber-jabber, Bob. Let's get to the details everyone's waiting for!"

Image Cory Clearfield, journeyman linerat. Cleared off the field by veteran Goblin topiarist Avo Smash Toastyflake, 0 SPP.

Image Eggboi, Dark Elf lineman. Had the best game of his short career, throwing a pass and scoring a touchdown, before being cracked, smashed and scrambled by Otto Kaltenbach. 7 SPP.

ImageValdric Behn, Human lineman. Behn never been much; killed in his first league match by Emperor Of Sand. 0 SPP.

Lar Pompilius Augustus, Zombie. Not a very august start to his career, nailed down in his first ever game by Durin Grimmhammer. 0 SPP.

Image Shylock, Pestigor. Had more than a pound of flesh removed by Billy. Didn't make it through his third match, no notable achievements, 0 SPP.

"And what's this? News just in that the Conferences have managed to kill a player after all! A last ditch effort before the Death Watch Deadline has paid off!"

ImageLeroy Tell the French the King is Dead. The longest serving victim this week, Leroy made it to his eighth game before being killed by Dr. Byron Orpheus

"But wait! Bob, in late breaking news, there's four more fatalities, and they were the most experienced deaths we've experienced this week! Looks like the Conferences are alive after all!"
"Don't you mean dead, Jim?"
"Er... Didgeridead?"

ImageEllen "Doctor" L'Ouverture, Koka Kalim Blitzer. "Physician, heal thyself!" Pushed into the crowd, never came back out. 22 SPP.
ImageViolette "Stagecoach" Demontreux, Tribal Lineswoman. Violette Crumble, anyone? Fouled to death by Minabiddy. 23 SPP.

ImageBadaroo 'the Fastest Bones in the South', Anointed Blitzer. Not the fastest bones to break in the south, but Kommako "Monkey" Bonny got there eventually. 17 SPP.

REVENGE HIT OF THE WEEK
ImageKommako "Monkey" Bonny, Tribal Lineswoman. What goes around, comes around. No more monkeying around for this one after Yengangarry got to her. 9 SPP

"Whew. That's a lot of fatalities, Jim!"
"Yes, and something for the whole family. Fouls, crowdsurfs, and no one player hogging the limelight. Tune in next week for more Death Watch!"

Last edited by MrCushtie on Apr 22, 2019 - 18:53; edited 8 times in total
Klazam

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2019 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The deathwatch needs a update.
oozeboss

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2019 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

So many lovely deaths. So few caused by the LavaBulls. Again.

(Is Hashut morphing into the God of Cuddles now?)

*sigh*

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2019 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXVI Round 1 Axe

SWL Premier League LXXV

All Clear

SWL Orcs for Correct Spelling Conference LXXVI

All Clear

SWL Sphinxes from Mars Conference LXXVI

All Clear

SWL Gangrenous Gabriel Regional LXXVI

All Clear

Good start to the season people. Keep it up.
Round 2 due Monday 15th April

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2019 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently had the pleasure of having one of my Blitz-ras become MA8. I thought it would fit him to have a nickname reflecting his galloping speed. And with the recent addition of new admin tools, I simply renamed him myself.

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=12458438

Of course Nuffle didn't approve of such swift bones, and had him smitten down in the subsequent match.

Anyway... the option of renaming players is now open to anyone that sends me a PM with the player's link and new name. The only requirement is that the name change is fluff based.

For example, ramchop had a great idea in Discord yesterday - he wanted a '(c)' next to his team captain's name. Anyone else who wants to demarcate their captain like this, let me know. Just remember to PM me on Fumbbl (not other admins, and not on Discord).

Bravado captain: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12361653

Didgeridead captain: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12449211

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2019 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Death Watch SWL LXXVI Week 2
This is getting confusing

"What a week, Bob."
"What a bunch of weaklings, Jim. I looked in a minute ago and we'd only had three fatalities this week."
"Well, look away for just one minute Bob, and those Rationlists have upped the bodycount!"
"Crikey Jim! And if a bunch of aged philosophers can mete out that much damage, I expect great things from Digiridead this week!"
"Ah, yeah, about that..."

Week 2
ImageBogan Picnic Deluxe - oh the ignominy, packed back into the great hamper in the sky by an anonymous Merc Blitzer with some impressive tackle. 8 SPP.

Image Alexander Dirtyeagle, journeyman beastman. Sent to the early bath he clearly needed by Sallam Ironflail 0 SPP.

ImageBall-Shy Nugen, rookie linerat. Not shy any more, but it's not like he's going to be very confident either. Lonnie Donaho moved his cheese. 0 SPP.

Image Squid Jesus, into the many armed embrace of the crowd. 0 SPP.

MOST VALUABLE (dead) PLAYER
Image Lach Legionellosis, Bloater. Finally cured after 37 games by Duniun Blackbeard. 77 SPP

ImageZheng xxx He, Beastman. 16 SPP - rushing to die ahead of the Week 3 schedules! Killed by Nutter Buster

Image Leroy Deeptree, Chaos Renegade Linejourneyman, killed in the first turn by Barrington Harrington Botch, 0 SPP.

REVENGE HIT OF THE WEEK
ImageBarrington Harrington Botch, Werewolf, botched by Rousseau who clearly had a different idea about the social contract one turn later, 25 SPP.

Image Leroy Deeptree, zombie, shortest career comeback ever, dead again via Leibniz, 0 SPP

Image Randall Bandersnatch, Flesh Golem, snatched away from this realm of sorrow by Socrates, 12 SPP

ImageHopkirk Snakechaser Laserfase, zombie, via Aquinas, who clearly felt the first principle of action was to send zombies back to the grave. Can't argue with that level of rationalist philosophy. 0 SPP.

"Well, that's quite some damage this week."
"That's right Bob. Our amateur numismatists tell us that's a total of 138 SPP wiped away, for just 20 SPP in return."
"You sound like an insurance salesman, Jim. Anyway, two weeks in, who's the deadliest player?"
"Well, the deadest player is definitely Leroy Deeptree. But the deadliest player this season - it's the fans!"
"Great job. Tune in next week everyone for more fun beyond the grave...."

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:

REVENGE HIT OF THE WEEK
ImageBarrington Harrington Botch, Werewolf, botched by Rousseau who clearly had a different idea about the social contract one turn later,

Pretty much the quote of the season (so far). Love your work here.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2019 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 2 of foul a thon has been calculated and 4 teams have are in the 20's with the scoundrels leading after a 20 point week. sadly the Port Royal Poachers are somehow at -8.
All reasults are on original post in page 1
Redgum

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2019 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:

REVENGE HIT OF THE WEEK
ImageBarrington Harrington Botch, Werewolf, botched by Rousseau who clearly had a different idea about the social contract one turn later, 25 SPP.

Image Leroy Deeptree, zombie, shortest career comeback ever, dead again via Leibniz, 0 SPP

Image Randall Bandersnatch, Flesh Golem, snatched away from this realm of sorrow by Socrates, 12 SPP

ImageHopkirk Snakechaser Laserfase, zombie, via Aquinas, who clearly felt the first principle of action was to send zombies back to the grave. Can't argue with that level of rationalist philosophy. 0 SPP.

[/i]

All of this is gold.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2019 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXVI Round 2 Axe

SWL Premier League LXXV

All Clear

SWL Orcs for Correct Spelling Conference LXXVI

All Clear

SWL Sphinxes from Mars Conference LXXVI

All Clear

SWL Gangrenous Gabriel Regional LXXVI

All Clear

Round 3 due Monday 22nd April

MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2019 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 3
"Looks like the crowd took a day off this week, Bob."
"That's right, no audience participation trophy this week, Jim."
"Still, never mind, there's been a lot of glamourous deaths this week."
"Glamourous ... linemen?"
"Whatever, Bob. Let's get on to the deaths!"

Image Gawain Cypresshollow, Wood Elf Lineman. Hollowed out by Manius Aurius Crispus, 6 games and 0 SPP. What were you up to?

"It's deja vu all over again, Bob - is that a Wood Elf lineman I see being cleaned off the pitch?"
"Yep, Pinekeeper's getting fitted for a pine box, eh Jim?"

Image Adwen Pinekeeper, Wood Elf Lineman blocked by Marcus Calidius Fraucus, supercalifragilisticexpalidocious fracas turned quite atrocious, 6 games and 0 SPP.

"Jim, how do you pronounce this next one?"
"I pronounce him ... dead!"

Image Jacquotte Delahaye, Dark Elf Lineman, kicked in the nuts by Macadamia, 1 SPP.

"Next up Bob, perennial favourite and storied sportsman - oh hang, on , no, just a Merc Linerat:!"
Image () punctuated by Erebus 0 SPP

Image Albert Clearfist High Elf journeman lineman fouled by Dryades, 0 SPP.

"Poor old Albert clearly got fisted by the goblin there!"
"Bob... I don't think that means what you think it does."
"Eh?"
"Never mind ... at least in the Digeridead game, somebody who
wasn't a lineman died."
"You can always rely on those Khemri to deliver some deaths, can't you Jim?"
"Well, kind of..."

Obligatory Dead Poet's Society 'My captain, my captain.' award
Image Governurra will need somebody else to guard his tomb, after Greenbranch Burrow-Roots put him down, 33 SPP.

"Well, a disappointing showing this week, Jim. Seems like it was a bunch of part-timers with hardly any experience, and only one noteworthy death."
"There's always next week Bob!"

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2019 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you miss SWL Fantasy Football?
Are you sad that the Bob Borc Cup isn't running mid-year?
Is the lack of legendary players impacting you world view?
Do you just want more bloodbowl in your life?
in your heart, do you love obtuse questions that aren't really answered adequately?

If you answered "yes", to any of the above questions, then Foad's next half-baked, high-concept league might be just the thing for you...

Jump to: