45 coaches online • Server time: 12:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
swladmin

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2019 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXVI Round 3 Axe

SWL Premier League LXXV

All Clear

SWL Orcs for Correct Spelling Conference LXXVI

All Clear

SWL Sphinxes from Mars Conference LXXVI

All Clear

SWL Gangrenous Gabriel Regional LXXVI

All Clear

Monotonous but heartening. Keep up the good work.

Round 4 due Monday 29th April

MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2019 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Death Watch Cursed?
"Jim, how about the deaths this week?"
"Well Bob, I'm not sure we're allowed to mention any."
"Why not, Jim?"
"Well, haven't you heard about the Death Watch Curse?"
"There's no curse to death watch, Jim, it's all about the merciful release of the tomb!"
"You say that, Bob, but think about all the contributors to this season's fatalities. You have to admit, there's been a suspicious number of injuries following the deaths they've produced:"
"How so, Jim?"
"Well, for a start:
Marcus Calidius Fraucus - broke his neck playing against Elves, for goodness' sake. Clearly a twisted revenge injury after he took out a Wood Elf in the previous match.
Then there's Otto Kaltenbach - killed a Dark Elf, then got his collar bone smashed and got sacked.
And who could forget Kommako 'Monkey' Bonny and Barrington Harrington Botch, both killed in the same game they got a credit for a death in..."

"How can the curse have affected them if they died in the same game they got the credit for?"
"Nuffle moves in mysterious ways, Jim. I'm just saying, be gentle out there. What goes around comes around, you know...."

Full Death Watch reporting will resume shortly...

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2019 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Death Watch Week 4

"Well, despite rumours of the curse of the Death Watch, it's been a productive week, right, Bob?"
"That's right Jim. Apologies to our regular viewers, we've been away on a tropical island this week, but we're back to report on another great week of deaths..."
"Er, Bob. Looks like a poor showing in the Premiership. Not a single death in any of their fourth round games."
"That can't be right. I feel all funny, Jim. I can see bright lights ... voices ... clowns on unicycles ... what's happening, Jim. I'm scared!"
"Relax, Bob. It's this week's theme - Deaths Of Comedy Incompetence!"
"Wha-?"
"Just read your cue card, Bob..."
"Ahem... Due to recent concerns about the curse of Death Watch, a celebration of life, love, humour and disaster was produced by our brave players this week. Let's hear it for:"

DEATHS OF COMEDY INCOMPETENCE
Image Bambi, Goblin, gobbled up by Happy Dancer
0 SPP in 8 games.

"Off to meet her mother in the big forest, eh?"
"I don't even know what that means, Bob."

Image Roundabout Halford Wood Elf Lineman, died tripping over his own shoelaces, 0 SPP.

Image Church Merch Dark Elf Lineman, went surfing, never seen again. 0 SPP.

Image Bouncy Bouncy Slim Hammerhands, sounds like a Dwarf, no, sorry, it's a Fanatic, killed by a fumbled bomb from Irene Shandyhands, and then banned from returning by the ref 2SPP

"Wait, where are the clowns going?"
"That's all the comedy deaths for the week Bob. Now back to the serious stuff."

SERIOUS STUFF (at least somebody got some SPP for this)
Image Rusty Studs Skeleton Lineman, deoxidised by Manshape Gutwart, 0 SPP

Image Jane "Rabbit" Starr starry eyed no more after Brownie gave her a sweet treat. Piranha Warrior Catcher, 18 SPP

Ain't That A Kick In The Head?
Image Lock Nar sung to sleep by Dean Martin Black Orc Blocker, 12 SPP

Grossly uneven pairing of the week
Image Wetchall Willowgrove stabbed by Bulla Shardhorn Wood Elf Lineman, 0 SPP.

"Honestly Bob, it's not very encouraging for a rookie lineman when he gets stabbed to death by a Star Player before he's even got any experience. What example does that set for the young kids watching Blood Bowl?"
"Er... don't grow up to be a Wood Elf Lineman, I guess, Jim."
"Wow. So with 3 kills in 4 weeks, the crowd are still the undisputed champions of death watch. They'd better start looking over their collective shoulders for the curse..."
"Until next week ... stay alive if you can!"[/i]

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2019 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXVI Round 4 Axe

SWL Premier League LXXV

All Clear

SWL Orcs for Correct Spelling Conference LXXVI

All Clear

SWL Sphinxes from Mars Conference LXXVI

Pugs Not Drugs vs Didgeridead - Forfeit to Pugs

SWL Gangrenous Gabriel Regional LXXVI

All Clear

Round 5 due Monday 6th May

MrCushtie

Post   Posted: May 01, 2019 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Death Watch Week 5
A disappointing tally in both the top and bottoms of the league, with only one death each from the Premiership and the Regionals this week:

Don't call it a comeback (more of a transfer)
Image Filo Undermaul, Troll Slayer, crumbled like a pastry and overhauled by Lach Legionellosis Jr and now a rotter. Don't make any remarks about the smell, please. 44 SPP.

"Now, that name sounds familiar, Jim."
"That's right Bob. If you remember, Lach Legionellosis Jr isn't going to be worried about the Curse of the Death Watch, because it
already killed his namesake, Lach Legionellosis, just a few weeks ago!"
"Great news, Jim!"

Image Princess Sela Dark Elf Runner, Little Willy No-Mates not winning any friends for the Scoundrels. 20 SPP

Conferences: this is more like it:

Image Myron Reducto, Orc lineman reduced to clear by Zucker "Fats" Leptin. 10 SPP

Image War-Failin NuMedz, Skaven lineman. Blocked by Ants-In-My-Eyes Johnson[/url]. 0 SPP.

"There's ants in his eyes, Bob!"
"And rats in their graves, Jim!"

Image "Dust Bowl" Dyrnafel dusted off by Dan Dan Wood Elf Lineman, 7 SPP.

Image Glamourcakes von Thromboid, Ghoul. The cake got baked by Erebus. 8 SPP

Image Electra, Goblin. The insatiable crowd claims another victim. 0 SPP.

"With 40 matches left til the end of the season, who knows what's left to come? Will the LavaBulls finally make good and kill somebody? Will the crowd continue tearing players to pieces? Tune in next week for another thrilling episode of Death Watch!"

Post   Posted: May 01, 2019 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Pure gold. Again.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2019 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you! I had been meaning to make a table of who's the most lethal players to date (I think the fans are still leading it, but Erebus is making a charge...). It's that, or I add up the different players and figure out which position is the most dangerous (strangely, it doesn't seem to be that goblins are in much danger this season...)

Post   Posted: May 01, 2019 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

round 3 of foul-a-thon is calculated. sorry bit late but will do week 4 over next 2 nights
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: May 02, 2019 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers pdarbs. With my planned 14 fouls per game for the next 3 matches, hoping I can hold off Styx & Warpstones for the crown...

Post   Posted: May 05, 2019 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the closest conference I have ever been involved in. Everyone has a shot at prem with a round and a half to go. Equally there's a few teams fighting to avoid demotion. I'm not sure any team in this conference deserves it.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

15 games since starting, and breaking perfectly even in terms of win/ loss, the LavaBulls have only one more game before being retired to add more victims to their 39 Cas so far.

But being more LaughaBull than anything else, still to actually kill anything.

Their certain disbanding should ease the pressures on the rest of this amazing conference about returning to Reggies.

Until a Necro slot opens up, I look almost certain to embrace my inner Gobbo.

(Or Underworld.)

(Maybe Vampire .....)

Post   Posted: May 07, 2019 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Death Watch Week 6
Image Prancle-Dance Fuffergump gufferthumped by Manius Aurius Crispus
Mummy, 60 SPP.

"You know what, Bob? I really thought you were going to say something about packets of Crispus are bad for your health!"
"Death is nothing to joke about, Jim..."

Image David Truehawk by Durin Grimmhammer Journeyman Wood Elf Lineman, 0 SPP

"... except for journeymen, of course! Don't think he'll be missed!"

Image Cream Filling filled in by Drarukh. Zombie, 0 SPP.

"Again Bob, I thought you'd say something about how he got creamed."
"No Jim, like I said, this is a serious subject. Especially as we're now into the Chaos Dwarf Blocker segment, starting with the sad news that the Curse of the Death Watch has snatched someone away from us way too soon..."

Image Duniun Blackbeard, Chaos Dwarf Blocker, 41 SPP, took a few weeks to be claimed by the Curse of the Death Watch, or more accurately, the beard was shaved away by Ice Cream Piledriver.

"Lach Legionellosis is laughing now."
"And now, the LavaBulls finally make it to the Death Watch."
"That's great, Jim. We've been waiting a long time for them to kill somebody. We had such high hopes at the start of this season."
"Well, Bob. I said they made it to Death Watch. I didn't say they contributed, exactly..."

Image Tukulti Ninurta killed by Samurai Jack, Chaos Dwarf Blocker, 15 SPP

"Samurai Jacked off the field, right?"
"Again, no, that doesn't mean what you think it does, Bob."
"... Anyway, I've made a song about it, Jim."
"Oh."
"Do you want to hear it, Jim?"
"No. No I do not."
"
Tikulti Ninurta, it's no passing phase,
It means no worries, for the rest of your daaaaays -"
"That's enough, Bob."

Image Neon Indian, has his name in lights and his body set up for failure by Setep the Usurper. Dark Elf Lineman, 0 SPP

Image Klaus Vogt put through the mill by Gráinne Ní Mháille, Human Lineman, 6 SPP.

"Now that Vogt, a sucker for punishment, wouldn't you say? Just back from having his eye gouged, and he gets killed."
"Well, it's sort of a welcome back."

Image Megophrys Nasuta IIII Slann Lineman, aarged and baarged by Aargol Baargol. 13 SPP.

"Me go, you go, we all go squish."
"Are you going to start singing again?"
"Do you want me to?"

Image Cudda, Skeleton Lineman, chewed up and spat out by Shhhh. 0 SPP

"Shhh."
"Yes, please don't make any more noise."
"No, I meant Shhhh."
"I just wanted to say, it's been an odd week. The crowd hasn't killed anyone, there's been no fouling, nobody tripping over or being eaten by a team-mate..."
"There's always next week."

Post   Posted: May 09, 2019 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL PREMIER LEAGUE GRAND FINAL

The SWL LXXVI will be decided on the pitch on Friday Night, 10pm Prime Time. The Blue Mountain Giants vs Unicorn Gunfight.

Winner takes all.

Be there or be square!
oozeboss

Post   Posted: May 12, 2019 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The Reggies' final is next Friday? Wink What a pity I'll be in the Land of the Long White Cloud at that time.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2019 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my gosh, is it that time again? Seems just yesterday we were rolling for aging in LRB 4 and next week we wrap up Season 76 with the only BB16 league on FUMBBL.

If you are interested in joining in on the fun, have a look at our League Page, and the SWL guide.

If you are interested in signing up and drafting (or re-drafting), drop in for a chat with us on discord, or send a draft list of which teams that you would like to play by private message to me (Foad) and swladmin by 10 pm on the deadline day for the final round (20/05/19).

To join the SWL, you must be able to play within the time zones of GMT +7 to GMT +12 (Server +6 to Server +11). This is wildly popular with Aussies, Kiwis and all their friends.

Also, if you are parking or unparking for Season 77, it would be really good to know in a PM as well (by the same date), as that may impact what races are available.

Jump to: