35 coaches online • Server time: 11:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Waagh

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2019 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone know why this is the case? It seems to me that only 4 positionals would throw the Ballance off while in street bowl the half rosters seem to keep the spirit of the teams. Wondering if anyone has played these games knows more about how well the various teams Ballance in these two versions of the game.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2019 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't worry too much about "balance" when playing either version of the game, they are both less "serious" - faster versions of the game.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2019 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends what version of the rules you’re playing with, I suppose. The NAF rulesets for both Sevens and Street Bowl mandate 0-4 positionals and 600 k for team building. It’s about the teams playing these formats being ‘amateur’; not well trained or reliable. The lack of positionals helps convey the theme of these teams not being as professional and well equipped as full Blood Bowl teams, I guess.

While I agree with Garion that these formats are mainly about a bit of quick fun and not to be taken super seriously, I doubt there are too many versions of either variant as well played or deeply debated as the NAF ones. Sevens is especially well represented tournament wise these days, so I suspect the rules are as ‘serious’ / robust as they’re likely to get (especially so after an imminent update following a global review). As for balance between the teams, I’m not sure the goalposts move a huge deal in either format, although I think bash is a touch more favoured in Street. I’m not big into variant play myself however, so I’m sure someone much keener could give you a fuller breakdown.

Sevens, Street, to be updated very soon, but you get the idea.
 Jump to: