18 coaches online • Server time: 14:10
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Ossbl- The Oceania S...goto Post Useless Lino Leaguegoto Post Blackbox Trophy Seas...
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smallman



Joined: Sep 24, 2007

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4065976

Likely cost me a TD, the client seems to assume you always want to catch the ball if u can, and 99% of the time that is true, but not if its the final turn of the half and you need someone else to handle the ball instead of the guy doing the blitz. Pretty sure you don't get the option for a normal reroll either.
stowelly



Joined: Mar 16, 2017

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Bugs go here: https://fumbbl.com/p/bugs
Arktoris



Joined: Feb 16, 2004

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

if something is 99% true, just better to have the client do it automatically. Hundreds of unwanted pop ups would be annoying and disrupting to the flow of the game.

_________________
Hail to Frik! The latest charioteer to DIE for bloodbowl! - Slain, by Raiders of the Lost Tomb
uzkulak



Joined: Mar 30, 2004

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Im not sure you are allowed to reroll a successful roll?
sann0638



Joined: Aug 09, 2010

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, it's very clever that it idenitifies times when you might not want to use dodge. Identifying when you might want to fail with pro is a bit much.

_________________
Image
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Wiltshire's BB League @ sawbbl.uk
Mattius



Joined: Sep 03, 2006

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
Im not sure you are allowed to reroll a successful roll?


Interested to know if this is allowed?
garyt1



Joined: Mar 12, 2011

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

It is defined in the Blood Bowl rules that standing players HAVE to try and catch the ball when it lands in their square. So it is not a bug.
Probably it is a natural reaction.

_________________
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Rbthma



Joined: Jan 14, 2009

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Under Re-rolls, CRP says that you can re-roll a successful roll and the Pro skill says nothing about only re-rolling failures. So I would say it should be allowed on TT but in the client it is probably restricted due to endless pop-ups which is reasonable.

_________________
Image
garyt1



Joined: Mar 12, 2011

Post   Posted: May 23, 2019 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro skill should be used the same as a team reroll. If you can't reroll success, then you can't pro preroll success.
Especially in this case when a player has to try to catch!

_________________
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Rbthma



Joined: Jan 14, 2009

Post   Posted: May 23, 2019 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Pro skill should be used the same as a team reroll. If you can't reroll success, then you can't pro preroll success.
Especially in this case when a player has to try to catch!


That's exactly my point: CRP says under Re-rolls that you can re-roll a successful roll (in parenthesis), so pro is no different. The pro skill doesn't mention any conditions on the success/not-success part for being able to try the re-roll.

edit: here's the part I'm looking at in CRP1 p14:

...A coach may use a team re-roll to re-roll any dice roll (other than Scatter, Distance, Direction, Armour, Injury or Casualty rolls) made by a player on his own team and who is still on the pitch during their own turn (even if the dice roll was successful)....

Now, granted this is a fairly niche situation - pretty much will only happen (that I can think of) when the ball bounces to a member of your own team after it is knocked loose from an opponent.

_________________
Image
Joost



Joined: Mar 17, 2014

Post   Posted: May 23, 2019 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I as well prefer not to have the pop ups all the time, even if it means that on rare occasions that may be a disadvantage.

And, on the risk of taking this too far, it didn't likely cost you a TD. The obligatory catch worked; Pro would give a 50% chance at rerolling it, which then would give you a 50% (or 67% if in TZ) chance of failing the catch. So a 33%-25% of failing the catch after which you still had to pick up and maybe even dodge / gfi. So yes, you would have had a chance but an unlikely one.
MattDakka



Joined: Oct 09, 2007

Post   Posted: May 23, 2019 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The best solution would be to have a client option to enable/disable pop ups just for that specific occurrence.
That way the coaches who are annoyed by clicking pop ups could disable them, while the coaches who care about the niche-but-gamechanging situation could rr in case of accidental unwanted catch.
Personally I'd like to be able to rr unwanted accidental catches, it's not a kind of occurrence that happens very often during a match but may cost a game.

_________________
Please upvote the Diving Catch bug report, thanks!
Java



Joined: Jan 27, 2018

Post   Posted: May 23, 2019 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

that sounds like a coding nightmare. I understand that it could impact someone's win rate by a vital 0.1% (ok, and lose you a tournament or something) but I'd rather have whatever little time the devs have used to implement official rules like new stars/positionals/skills/inducements which are now part of the core tabletop rules.

And maybe make the client work for Sevens, or Dungeonbowl (a coach can dream Very Happy )
thoralf



Joined: Mar 06, 2008

Post   Posted: May 23, 2019 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Java does not want us to code.

I knew it.

_________________
There is always Sneaky Git.
Java



Joined: Jan 27, 2018

Post   Posted: May 24, 2019 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I only picked this nickname because Jawa was already taken Very Happy
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic