41 coaches online • Server time: 16:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2019 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Which one of the inerpretations is correct with the new edition of the rules?

I know that FUMBBL used the bb16 version and after a Facebook post to the Blood Bowl group (which somehow is supposed to be official errata) FUMBBL transferred back to LRB6 inducements.

Is there an official errata/FAQ in the new Almanacs, or somewhere else, that edit the rules text one way or the other?

In my opinion bb16 version with expensive mistakes is way better than the confusing system of LRB6. It was a problem when it got implemented here but I personally haven't had an issue with the rule ever.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?

Last edited by Jopotzuki on Mar 26, 2019 - 22:44; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2019 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure I quite get your question, or at least, I don't get all of it. Apologies if my reply is not what you're looking for, perhaps you could go again if not?

FUMBBL is trying to migrate to BB2016, the current official / correct rules. It's not there yet, although Christer hopes to make it eventually. At present, we're in a bit of a halfway house sort of a situation. Some elements / inducements have been implemented, some have not. More are to come. Most of the CRP stuff that doesn't appear in BB2016 has gone, but a few elements remain, for instance some stars and card inducements.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2019 - 22:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Pre-match inducement sequence has been clarified in the 2018 Almanac. Fumbbl was correct in reverting to the old CRP system.

Post-match is where Expensive mistakes or Spiralling expenses happened. Fumbbl uses expensive mistakes.
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2019 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry my question was maybe badly written.

I mean the inducement phase and petty cash. In BB16 you can use your treasury freely and in LRB6 your treasury increases your TV. In BB16 you can use 10k to get a keg for example and in LRB6 you'd have to use the full amount of 50k which increases your TV accordingly.

So I am asking which one of these is correct if you are playing with the BB16 rules? Some say that the rule was badly written and should have been the same as in LRB6. Is there an official errata/FAQ somewhere that says one way or the other (not counting the Facebook post in the Blood Bowl page).

ThierryM wrote:
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2019 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
Pre-match inducement sequence has been clarified in the 2018 Almanac. Fumbbl was correct in reverting to the old CRP system.

Post-match is where Expensive mistakes or Spiralling expenses happened. Fumbbl uses expensive mistakes.

Ok thanks, good to know! Expensive mistakes are the official version nowadays, am I right? Is there a mention of spiralling expenses in the new books?

ThierryM wrote:
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2019 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Jopotzuki wrote:
Sorry my question was maybe badly written.

Or perhaps badly read - probably my bad. Wink
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2019 - 22:50
FUMBBL Staff

Spiralling expensss is gone, from books and from fummbl
GorbadIronclaw

Post   Posted: May 23, 2019 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
Are you sure?

I had a spiraling expenses roll last night after my Crown of Sand match.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: May 23, 2019 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

GorbadIronclaw wrote:
ramchop wrote:
Are you sure?

I had a spiraling expenses roll last night after my Crown of Sand match.

No, you had an Expensive Mistakes roll. Spiralling expenses was a different mechanic that progressively reduced the winnings for big teams (with "big" being somewhat up to the individual league and commissioner.)
It didn't involve any extra die rolls at all.
GorbadIronclaw

Post   Posted: May 23, 2019 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah. That makes sense.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: May 23, 2019 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I'm not sure I quite get your question, or at least, I don't get all of it. Apologies if my reply is not what you're looking for, perhaps you could go again if not?

FUMBBL is trying to migrate to BB2016, the current official / correct rules. It's not there yet, although Christer hopes to make it eventually. At present, we're in a bit of a halfway house sort of a situation. Some elements / inducements have been implemented, some have not. More are to come. Most of the CRP stuff that doesn't appear in BB2016 has gone, but a few elements remain, for instance some stars and card inducements.

He is talking about how petty cash didn't affect tv for purposes of inducements the way bb2 works for that month or 2
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 23, 2019 - 19:58
FUMBBL Staff

I liked the ‘wrong’ way. It made more sense thematically. Razz

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: May 23, 2019 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I liked the ‘wrong’ way. It made more sense thematically. Razz

Yea I think the bb2 rule where you can just buy what ever makes more sense for league/seasons. But i guess we saw how abused it was. Would make the tournaments more interesting.
 Jump to: