62 coaches online • Server time: 20:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to add to the team?
6th ogre+ guard
58%
 58%  [ 14 ]
Reroll 3 and 4
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Scrappa sorehead
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

Java

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2019 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Leader Snot is going to be either hiding in a corner/behind a double screen or have a giant target on his tiny back

Leader Ogre or no leader at all
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2019 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

No leader. Ogres fail regardless of rerolls. Mitigating failure is ridiculous. Maximum pain, good positioning, and pleasing sacrifices to Nuffle are the o ly way to go.
Milman

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2019 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
Gnoblar? What sort of Ogre roster is this?

Gnoblar,snotling,runt,.... i hear so many names i dont know the correct one anymore Razz
Milman

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2019 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So it seems i have to choose more between the following
-5ogres, 3rerolls+1leader,11snots
-6ogres and 2rerolls,8snots
-5ogres, brick an grotty and a leader,8snots

And then ofcourse choosing 6skills (4normals,2doubles)
Sableheart

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2019 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I would strongly advice against the 5 ogre 3 reroll build.

Generally speaking, you want to maximize your strengths. Better to specialize and do one thing well, then to generalize and do nothing good enough. Ogres are the main strength of an ogre team. You can't afford to give one of them up to try to shore up your weaknesses.
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2019 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Not exactly true. A wide variety of skills on the Ogres is arguably the most winning roster.

But if your goal is winning, your best bet is to play anything else. You play Ogres to crush your opponents, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women. Take block and piling on. All the cool kids do it.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2019 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Block is exceedingly important for ogres. Sure hands , dirty player or leader certainly options but with only 2 doubles get blockers.
Guard and break tackle decent for normal rolls. Could consider one stand firm as your snots have side step for sideline fun.

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2019 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Rerolls are big but I think 6 ogres on the field makes the team somewhat scary to face. I think the guy who somehow won a Calgary tournament with ogres had 6. But don’t expect to win much with them! Aim for a stunt trophy if there is one.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2019 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Rerolls are big but I think 6 ogres on the field makes the team somewhat scary to face. I think the guy who somehow won a Calgary tournament with ogres had 6. But don’t expect to win much with them! Aim for a stunt trophy if there is one.

Yes - I used 6 ogres. The skill tier allows for more doubles in that tournament so I got a leader for 3 RR. I'd take 2 block, 2 BT and probably two guards. PO is fun if it works but an ogre on the ground will get fouled. And he's even less useful if he's both prone and bonehead. Pick skills to your play style and have fun with them. They are stunty so ties are wins and wins are glorious.
 Jump to: