18 coaches online • Server time: 03:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
henu

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Sorry if posting in wrong area, but i have been having similar problem with java in fumbbl and xmage (magic the gathering client). In both programs the client suddenly starts "clipping" and pasting new playfields on top of each other. I wonder if anyone has had this issue before?

Some pictures to get better idea what im talking about:

[url=http://i.imgur.com/Rr9n08V.jpg]Image[/url]

[url=http://i.imgur.com/d1wzN5M.jpg]Image[/url]
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java?

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
henu

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, also have this problem on another pc
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds rather like a graphic card problem. Why it would affect only Java is awfully specific tho.

It does not seem to be a fumbbl related problem.

Trying to update your graphic card driver to the newest version might be a good idea.

If you have the issue on several computers that is also odd. The only thing I could imagine this awfully specific would be some java malware that is actually messing with your java, rather than just doing the usual spinage/hijack thing...
but for that both your systems would have to be somehow impacted...

other than that... i mean unless you have the very same graphic devices on both computers that would be a massive coincidence....

...it's definitely not the fumbbl client... It could maybe be an unintended software glitch.. I guess what you could try would be to uninstall MtG and see if you are still experiencing problems with fumbbl. Actually rather uninstall MtG, make sure that java, along with all its temporary/cached content is deleted too. Then reinstall java and try to run the FFB client... if it works then MTG could be isolated as a source... what to do from there I dunno either tho..

If you have any other idea why this could be happening on both your systems... I mean... it's not inconceivable that you're sort of using the same software on both machines... both interfere with your registry in a similar manner... or maybe you're using some odd graphic settings.
Do you maybe run some pixel destortion software?

If it was just one computer I'd think it's likely something like a graphic memory glitch or something the like... ie. an actual hardware problem of your graphic card. But to experience that on two computers at the same time is kinda unlikely.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been looking at the picture again.
The window seems to be slightly distorted. Length and width don't precisely cover the size of the FFB client and there are a few pixels at the bottom and the left. The client may indeed draw to fill those gaps somehow. Possibly it draws over the chat window..

But again the question arises why these distortions happen in the first place...
henu

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

hi,

Thanks for ideas. Both systems run different graphics card (hd 7970 and gtx 760) and i dont have issues in other applications (such as video games) which leads me to think its java issue. Also both cards have drivers up to date.

One temporary fix i forgot to mention is that if i move the application to second screen (with lower resolution) it stops clipping. Sadly i do not have another monitor available now so im stuck with the problem.

I actually just performed a clean install of windows since i installed a new ssd, but the problem still persists.

I think i will be in contact with java support to see if they have any ideas, just posted here first in case someone has encountered this problem before.

Thanks for help again!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it maybe possible that your computer misinterprets your physical screensize?
For instance that you run a 16:9 resolution on a 16:10 screen?
This kind of stuff wouldn't manifest when you play games in full screen, they'd just overwrite the settings.
Kam

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Just in case, have you tried with different version of Oracle's Java (7/8/9)?

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

henu wrote:
hi,

One temporary fix i forgot to mention is that if i move the application to second screen (with lower resolution) it stops clipping. Sadly i do not have another monitor available now so im stuck with the problem.

so you are using a monitor with a unusual high resolution? do you use some tricks to run the java clients or your windows as a whole in a different resolution then the native resolution of the monitor? I think I read somewhere that these java applications don't handle being up-scaled very well
henu

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

Is it maybe possible that your computer misinterprets your physical screensize?
For instance that you run a 16:9 resolution on a 16:10 screen?
This kind of stuff wouldn't manifest when you play games in full screen, they'd just overwrite the settings.

I use default windows and graphics card settings, but will look into this later. Thanks for suggestion.

Kam wrote:

Just in case, have you tried with different version of Oracle's Java (7/8/9)?

No i havent, might give this a try later when i have time, thanks for suggestion.

Loew wrote:

so you are using a monitor with a unusual high resolution? do you use some tricks to run the java clients or your windows as a whole in a different resolution then the native resolution of the monitor? I think I read somewhere that these java applications don't handle being up-scaled very well

I have main monitor 1920x1080 and had second monitor at 1336x768 (i think). It was just basic dual monitor setup. When the client started to act up i moved it to second screen and it worked normally. Then when i moved it back to main screen it started to act up again. Now im running single monitor with same issues as my dual monitor setup.
johniemi78

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2019 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having this same problem, did you get this sorted out? And if yes, how?

EDIT: Found a fix by Christer:

This is likely caused by graphics driver incompatibilities/problems. You can try to disable direct draw use for Java and see if that helps. To do so, go to Control Panel->Java->Java->View...->User

In the Runtime Parameters field for your Java runtime, add the following: -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true

Then try again and see if that helps. Note, though, that this will reduce rendering performance a bit (which doesn't matter for FFB, but might for other Java application you may be using).
Hockeyfilo

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2021 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

helli i have this problem, and the Runtime parametres adeed donesn't resolve it
Storr

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2021 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a problem with Java as well, he is absolute scum!
Java

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2021 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

now now, you have to listen to both sides

I think he's musc