42 coaches online • Server time: 14:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zredna

Post 7 Posted: Jan 12, 2005 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

A fun thing that might help, atleast to get rid of the spineless Cherrypickers.

All matches that are started meust be announced in the chatroom for the Division, with the TR,ST,Nr of games played(Coach),(Coach Ranking, if ranked) and links to the teams. That way we can all see if Coach X with his 150/161 Dwarf with 100 matches played in fumbbl plays vs Coach Y 145/132 WE game number seven in Fumbbl. I think that Coach X will find this a bit humiliating and think twice before he ask coach B for a match Embarassed .

This way no rules are changed, it just gives the more experiensed coaches the oportunity to help poor coach Y and inform him about fumbbl academy and what ST are and that he's not forced to play the game even if coach X insists Shocked .

And it also give us(the more experiensed coaches, I hope I can count my self to them even if I am not upp to 200 games) the oportunity to say to coach X, why did you challange coach Y, dont you think the match is a bit unfair Mad ?

And best of all it shouldn't be hard to implement, when the game is started, or more preferebly when an oficiall chalange button is pressed, the stats are sent to BowlBot for display in the chat window Smile .

Zredna (will play anything exept killers, even challange Dwarfs with my HE have done so before and will do so again Laughing )

just realised that smilies gives a whole new dimension to messages Very Happy
Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The only form of cherry picking that annoys me is when bashers, like rotters or dwarves etc, have played a vast majority of matches vs elf teams. It would be inapropriate for me to name anyone so I won't. Bashers have to accept that your probably going to get a majority of matches vs other bashers. Its alright, I can understand why. My motto is that if they are close in tr/ts then challenge them and see what they say. Most elves say no to my chaos for example. I am not bothered, I simple increase the odds of getting a matchup by challenging more and more teams. (Not meaning vs elves, any team in general) I assume that the other coach has a brain and is willing to use it. I think we all need to not sweat the small stuff anyways. If someone is trying to pick on noobs, simple warn the noobs, ignore that coach, whatever. Lets just all try to have some fun while playing the game. If you hate fouling, then I guess avoiding foulers or playing a different game is for you then. Just try to remain courteous when a chaos, orc, dwarf, etc coach challenges your elves.

My two cents.

edit: Just noticed the thread is dead anyways, waste of time. Smile
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Get over the damned cherry-picking thing. If you don't like who some coaches play or which teams plays which there are two simple choices....you can like it or you can take it.
Renegade

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 06:42 Reply with quote Back to top

My undead have cherry picked their way to a 17/1/0 record. You think i'm gonna change that? LOL
DM

Post 6 Posted: May 02, 2005 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

My biggest concern with the practise is that it only serves to discourage new players from the FUMBBL network. I'm a n00b myself and I've been taken for a few rides (and had to retire a few teams) before I really clicked. I do wonder how many people just got frustrated and left though...

To me, Bloodbowl for sure is about spreading the love (er blood?), but it's nicer if it flows BOTH ways rather than one.... and sadly, most Cherry Pickers will just look for the most one sided game they can get away with. Tactics or Cowardly? It's really just a question of what you deem to be 'sportsmanlike' and whether it has any credence in the way you play Bloodbowl.

If I get a cherry picker on the doorstep now I just send them the following URL. A picture tells a thousand words I find and it's more polite than saying "&(Y&$ OFF YOU @)#$(#)* CHERRY PICKING (#*&*($!!!!!!!"

Smile

Well, it usually gets a few laughs anyway.... and says in no uncertain terms 'no thanks, I think I'll pass on that obviously unfair game'

hehehehehehehhehe.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

usually, that's why some more experienced coaches says to newbees to play in U or join fumbbl academy.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe this could be a solution against the "I donĀ“t play bashy teams" cherrypicking.
Fritid

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep newbies probably should play in U first. You could also state in your bio or make a list somewhere everytime you think you've been cherrypicked. If everyone does so cherrypickersd will quickly get a bad rep. Bye the way chaos versus woodelves, who's cherrypicking who??
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

hey I do play chaos vs WE as long as he has not a lot of tacklers. What if if my guys dies as long as I win. :p

I call that cherry picking he he
 Jump to: