42 coaches online • Server time: 11:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AlexHolker

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2019 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone, I'm making a Blood Bowl website for a university assignment which can be found here. The aesthetics aren't finished yet but I think it's feature complete.

Human and Orc teams are supported. You can create a roster, track player progression and plan out player positions when kicking and receiving. You can save your roster between visits, or export a roster to text and import it on the homepage.

If anyone feels like testing it out, I'd appreciate getting more feedback from my target audience:

Is there something you tried that didn't work in an intuitive manner?
Apart from things outside the current scope like extra teams or inducements, is there something missing that you think I should have added?
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2019 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice.

I'm not sure about those 'undo' buttons though. E.g. what is the difference between them and 'fire'? I added some SPPs but I cannot undo that.

I added 25 SPPs but I can only level up once.

As you know, it could be a bit prettier.

I'll try a bit more later.

|Edit: I have 3 assistant coaches but cannot get rid of them. The undo button no longer appears unless I add another one. I can only undo new ones. There is no delete button.

Also, are we only allowed one team?

Are these saved to a database or only in the browser?

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2019 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Posting this in off-topic means that hardly anyone will see it.

You'll probably get a more favourable reaction if you play a couple of Fumbbl games. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2019 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for taking a look.

koadah wrote:
I'm not sure about those 'undo' buttons though. E.g. what is the difference between them and 'fire'? I added some SPPs but I cannot undo that.

"Undo" refunds the cost of the player or staff as if you never hired them. I put it in as an aid for team creation, so you can experiment to find the best way to spend your gold before you lock your choices in. "Fire" removes the player from the roster the same way you would in a league - your TV goes down and you free up a slot for a new player, but you don't get your gold back.

Quote:
I added 25 SPPs but I can only level up once.

This is an oversight on my part - the level up should still be available the next time you load the roster, but at the moment the page only checks if you have a level up available when you open the roster or add SPP - if you choose a level up it fails to check if there's still another.

Quote:
|Edit: I have 3 assistant coaches but cannot get rid of them. The undo button no longer appears unless I add another one. I can only undo new ones. There is no delete button.

Half of this is another oversight - the rulebook allows you to fire staff (to manage TV, presumably), and my implementation does not support that at the moment. The full undo is only available until you leave the page so you can't hire an Assistant Coach for a game and then refund him.

Quote:
Also, are we only allowed one team?

Are these saved to a database or only in the browser?

You can create more than one team - just save your roster and follow the link back to Team Selection and you can create or import another team.

Your rosters are saved to your computer's localStorage - like cookies, but only accessible by your own computer and with a far higher size limit (5-10 megabytes).
 Jump to: