43 coaches online • Server time: 14:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2019 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the great old ones haven't yet devoured the worl.. finished their matches *shifty eyes* I thought we should find out just how old some of the teams are.

Now, as you all know, teams are assigned an ID when they are created. Currently we're in the ... 1 million+ range I think? for which IDs are being assigned. Just a little over a million (or maybe just under? I don't know, and I can't find the did you know link right now)

So looking in the tournament, the majority of teams have an ID in the 800,000s. Quite a lot have 900,000s. A fair number have 600,000s and 700,000s. Then.. there are some 300,000s like the Bloodsea Buccaneers! These guys are old.

But there are even two 200,000s! Both in the forlorn category of all things.

However, one old geezer actually deserves the name. Although they were knocked out in the second round, Souless Slayers are THE oldest team in the tournament, with an ID of 532. 3 digits! Who even knew those existed?

Fantastic stuff Prez!
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2019 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

At long last, all the qualifiers are complete! We have our candidates! Allow me to present..

THE CHAMPIONS OF THE GLT XV .. oh.. right.. the qualifiers. Well, they still championed something!

4 Dark Elf (2 left), 2 Wood Elf, 2 Nurgle (1 left), 1 Lizardman, 1 Chaos Dwarf, 1 Chaos Chosen, 2 Norse (0 left), 1 Khemri (0 left), 1 High Elf (0 left), 1 Halfling (0 left)!

10 races in total! 7 Elves (4 left), 4 Mutants (3 left), 1 Speedster, 2 Bashers (0 left), 1 Stunty (0 left), 1 Undead (0 left)! All racial categories managed to be represented, although 3 are now out. 4 races are out, leaving 6 more to go.

Norse (know nothing but snow) - won Forlorn qualifier
Halfling (Left My Heart In San Francisco) - won Stunty qualifier
Dark Elf (CL Winner 2019) - won High TV
Nurgle (Médecins Sans Frontières) - won High Tv
Dark Elf (Galaga) - won High Tv
Lizardman (Lizardssons) - won the BlackBox qualifier
Dark Elf (Fässla 11) - won the Gauntlet
Norse (Bjornhaven Berserkers) - won Forlorn qualifier
Khemri (Harbingers of Anubis) - won Forlorn qualifier
Dark Elf (Replacement Bus Service) - won High CR qualifier
High Elf (Coca Loca BBL) - won old timers qualifier
Chaos Dwarf (Acción Social) - won old team qualifier
Wood Elf (Woodhead Wanderers) - won Ranked qualifier
Nurgle (Slime Punk) - won High TV
Wood Elf (Baldur's Gate Blood Bowl) - won Old Ones qualifier
Chaos Chosen (San Jose_Baggers) - won Oldies qualifier

Good luck in the tournament!!

The 6th and 7th posts (on the first page) have breakdowns of games played in case anyone is interested in those kind of stats. They detail what races won against what races, and how many times.

Last edited by Nelphine on Aug 20, 2019 - 23:03; edited 2 times in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2019 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Now, for the main tournament itself, we have the following games:

2210 Chaos Chosen vs 1880 Norse - Chaos Chosen Win!
vs
3030 High Elf vs 2380 Wood Elf - Wood Elf Win!

-- vs

2030 Lizardmen vs 1560 Halflings - Lizardmen win!
vs
2360 Wood Elf vs 2680 Dark Elf - Wood Elf win!

---- vs

2350 Dark Elf vs 2210 Nurgle - Dark Elf win!
vs
1960 Khemri vs 2770 Nurgle - Nurgle win!

-- vs

2110 Norse vs 2570 Dark Elf - Dark Elf win!
vs
2500 Chaos Dwarf vs 2570 Dark Elf - Chaos Dwarf win!

This means we have
Mutant vs Basher
vs
Elf vs Elf

-- vs

Speedster vs Stunty
vs
Elf vs Elf

---- vs

Elf vs Mutant
vs
Undead vs Mutant

-- vs

Basher vs Elf
vs
Mutant vs Elf

Last edited by Nelphine on Aug 20, 2019 - 23:02; edited 2 times in total
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2019 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on Oct 23, 2021 - 23:31; edited 1 time in total
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2019 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I'll do some previews because what the hell, somebody usually does.
Soooo

Rd1.

San Jose Baggers (Quinn) vs Bjornhaven Berserkers (DaCoach)
So, the Berserkers pulverized some poor frogs and walked into the finals, where they will face off against a team who well, utterly annihilated some lizards. The oldest norse in the box have seen this sort of thing before but are missing an ulf and carrying a rookie yeti. As norse, always lacking guard, but happily for them, so do their opponents, as the Baggers are well known to favour the mb-claw-block progression on CWs. Inducements could provide a decent help here as the norse DO have some nice +ST players (albeit, will still be facing st4 blitzes, and the chaos even have their own st5). But this one could be really tight depending on who gets the toss and the cas battle...

Coca Loca BBL (mrt1212) vs Baldur's Gate BB (morehouse)
Speaking of inducements.... They're gonna be a huge part of this game. Mrt1212 rocks in with the biggest non-ogre team in the box and massively outweighs his opponent here. With some absolutely loopy skill choices on show, and some even more questionable moves, the king of the dice merchants is always a fun, if occasionally confusing, watch. Morehouse comes in with some fairly high tv, if spectacularly low on skills, Woodies. But it would be far from the first time anyone ever used woodies and won a game as a big underdog. Personally I think this is a contender for fun match of the round, and may even be the highest scoring.

Lizardssons (Bloodfeast) vs Left my Heart in San Francisco (Zed)
Well, it's certainly not the worst draw the (in)famous flings of Left my Heart could've got... but it's still stinking leezards! A wall of ST, fast skinks, and some mb tackle. It will be tough as hell for the little cauldron wearers, but there is some small hope. Yet another match were one coach will be praying that inducements could make a big difference, and with only 3RR rostered, the lizards could be a bit vulnerable to the chef. Although with an ma9ag4 skink you do wonder if that will even matter...

Woodhead Wanderers (Rawlf) vs Fässla 11 (Grandm4ster)
Bashy DE (who mostly play skaven) vs one of Ranked's oldest lived Wood Elf teams. It'll hardly be the first time in a while the Woodhead Wanderers have got inducements, and surely it won't be the last time either (although possibly in this tournament). Both teams bring some stat freaks, although only Fässla really bring the bash, this one could really end up being a case of can the woodelves outscore their opponents before they're gone from the pitch.... so just like many other games then.

Galaga (gary_gygax) vs Slime Punk (stanrichardson)
Two tournament vets line up here, and Galaga have the perms to prove their longevity! This one pits high tv, but very beat up, dark elves against a nurgle team who both lack the usual killspam seen with nurgle and have an immobile killer pesti. The first match where inducements will be thin on the ground is therefore finely poised - will the DE perms hold up and their statfreaks rule the day? Or is it even, whisper it, going to come down to this thing people insist have such a large bearing on the game... skill?

Harbingers of Anubis (spinball) vs Unfair tea... I mean er, Médecins Sans Frontières (Menonaloco)
Well the khemri made their way out of the forlorn qualifier and only really took -ma to their St5 throw-ra on the way. And now they run into this. One of the few teams on the site who really couldn't care less if you took Ramtut to go to 6 st5+. But the Khemri can't complain too much, because out of all the nasty draws they could've got, this one at least has a path to victory - a not very well trodden one, but a path none the less. Inducements will be a plenty and luck will be needed for the sandy soled ones. For the nurgle, the game is simple - come hither and depart in pieces.

knownothingbutsnow (lautrehamon) vs replacement bus service (malmir)
The norse won their qualifier after two really tight games, but emerged pretty much unscathed in terms of perms. The DE show up after a really seesaw affair vs some lizards, and over the course of their qualifier picked up a niggle on their statfreak witch (who's still here, it's a tourney) and lost some DP. Otherwise both teams are very strong, and both coaches have good tournament experience (in fact, of the final draw, Malmir has far and away the most/best). The norse get a reasonable amount of inducements, but the DE don't exactly need nor fear them.

Acción Social (Arturidas) vs CL Winner 2019 (Blueeyes)
Well if they could pick a team to face in the majors, they'd probably not pick this one... I base that not off of the strengths of the teams, but the fact these elves have never, ever even looked at anything with a beard. No real inducements to speak of in this match, and the cdorfs carry some perms that will make things a little easier for the DE, who definitely have the stats, skills and numbers to make it through.

Last edited by ArrestedDevelopment on Aug 15, 2019 - 01:36; edited 1 time in total
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2019 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

First game scheduled: Friday 19 server time.
Bring Chaos Warrior-sized rocks

Bjornhaven Berserkers
(Norse - 1880TV)
DaCoach

vs

San Jose_Baggers

(Chaos Chosen - 2210TV)
Quinn
Bloodfeast

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2019 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizardssons vs Left My Heart In San Francisco sunday at 20.30

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2019 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Me and T gonna play Saturday night around midnight server time.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2019 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the write-up AD, love it.
I do have to insist though, we are not a blackbox team! (That one is out of order since Hollis Skaven dp foul killed my ST5 dancer). We are even the champions of the pick.. err Ranked division and fighting for its pride! Strange thing.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2019 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Gottverdammt! I am always doing this with your two woodelf teams... I could claim it was a running joke, but no Very Happy

Ah well, I can just change the "Blackbox" to ranked and it's pretty much the same anyway! Hooray for lrb4 woodies Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2019 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on Oct 23, 2021 - 23:32; edited 1 time in total
Arturidas

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2019 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Our game will probably be Friday at 22.00
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2019 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Me and Stan will play Saturday morning at 10.00 (I know, not the best hour for European and surely even worse for the Americans 🙂)
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2019 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Sunday, round 0:00-1:00 Morehouse and I will be elfballing our hearts out.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2019 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

So last night saw the first of the finals bracket played and it was a bit of a onesided beatdown (as expected with UNFAIR TEAM). However, the nurgle did pick up a perm (for the first time in quite a while) that will aid whoever gets them next (and may very well be important down the road - st5 tents is *slightly* less bothersome when it has a limp).

Will tonight give us the first underdog upset or will the big guns continue to roll on?