38 coaches online • Server time: 00:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2019 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing a Slaan team, and find them to be crazy fun. Sometimes they do astonishing things, and sometimes my plans blow up in face!

Here is my team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=936903

And here is my questions- what is the best number of catchers to have on a roster? I have two currently, but is it more to have, say 4 catchers and a 13 fog roster? (And just play 2 of them on defense.)

They play so wonderfully different than most other teams, I was wondering what Mighty Fummble's thought are on this crazy team.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2019 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

4 always imo.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2019 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think 3. The way i play them is I develop one sacker, two ball handling slippery ones. They develop fast so having a wrestle tackle strip ball sacker to sacrifice to get the ball on the ground isnt so bad.
Loew

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2019 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

as I understand it, there are two strategies to build Slaan: catcher-based or blitzer-based.

In my opinion catcher-based needs a developed linefrog as sacker, at least I struggle with Str2 sacker.

Blitzer-based is more versatile, can even be a bit bashy, but is very expensive and needs build up/ rebuild phases.

catcher-based needs 3-4 catcher, blitzer-based can work with 1-2 as they are just ball recoverer and carrier here.
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2019 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Dauntless is the key to having the strength 2 sacker. If you can get an AG4 frog with guard, you have a chance of reliably breaking cages.

Of course, once your frog team is that developed, you're probably going to be facing cages with some guards on the corners, which puts a bit of a monkey wrench into the plans. Once your blitzes require 3 leaps, it gets very tricky to pull off.
 Jump to: