17 coaches online • Server time: 06:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2019 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on Oct 23, 2021 - 23:11; edited 1 time in total
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2019 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2019 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Impressive!

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2019 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2019 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

With season 2 all done I think I can say that it was a success. More games played, and more diversity. We had three different Kings during the season, but in the end MenonaLoco took it by winning the very first two games as King and ended the season. Thoriin actually defended the crown for a while, but didn't get any wins while there.

Season 3 will start in early October, date to come soon.

Some rules discussion then.
Several coaches have raised the prospect of resetting every once in a while to have a TW limit of 1000. This sounds like a good idea, butI'd like rules on when this would happen.

Suggestions so far:

Whenever the TW limit for a season is 2000 or more, the next season always has a 1000 limit.

If the King and both Contenders agree, the TW limit can be set to 1000 for the following season.

I'd like to hear more suggestions, and your opinions on these!

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2019 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The TW limit for joining season 3 has been set to 1610.

One more rule suggestion:
If a team after having made a challenge, moves into a new layer that makes the previous challenge impossible to play, it is always cancelled.

This is rarely relevant, but we had Aspirant challenging Contender, but being defeated by a Pack and so dragged into Pack, and then moving back up into Aspirant with the Contender challenge intact. This could lead to some weird situations with the order of challenges played, hence this rule suggestion.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2019 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd rather not force previous kings, or Queens, to not participate. Having vintage teams I think is part of the charm. You can always enter as a tw 1000 team, and then play numerous games in that season to reach the top. Someone over the tw simply isn't allowed in at all, and that sucks.

However, if there was a way for teams to come in later in the season if they're over the tw limit, then a 'reset' tw might be ok. For instance, maybe the tw limit could increase by 100 per week. Newcomers would still start in the pack, so they would be at a disadvantage, and depending on the tw the season might be over before the larger teams could join.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2019 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you. A main point has been the building from a starting point that's the same for everyone. I am not about to change that.

The league is supposed to be easy going, so previous Kings being excluded does not feel like a problem to me. And you can switch teams at any point in a season, so it's really more about the coaches.

There is always another season, with a new TW limit, the seasons aren't very long so far. And if the limit is too low, start a new team to bring Smile

Right now we all know the 1610 limit, and we have at least two more weeks to get our teams ready for that. Get ready!

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2019 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The reset was called upon by several coaches, as to not have every season in a while be around the 2000 mark, because it will continue to grow.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2019 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

At some point you could have a King of the Mountain tournament, a King of the Hill tournament, and a King of the Mound tournament..

Mountain with no TV limit. Hill with whatever limit you choose. Mound for new comers only.
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2019 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2019 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that could be cool, if we got like 30+ active teams!

One to keep in mind, because that many teams could get messy.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2019 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

On October 4 we start a new season of King of the Hill!

Go to the Group page and join up!

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2019 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

No one objected, so I'll add the suggested rules. After each season there will be a chance to revisit the rules and discuss them.

We start anew on Friday!
Will anyone be able to take down Queens of the Hill and coach MenonaLoco? Join in now to be the new champion!

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2019 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on Oct 23, 2021 - 23:12; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: