36 coaches online • Server time: 11:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2019 - 08:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Premier League LXXVIII

Season 78. Made it to Prem! Dan Dan is now demanding an 80k premium. He was a big part of getting the team to Prem so I'll fire the team if need be to keep him.

First on the chopping block, my strong arm accurate thrower. A few weeks ago I won my first TT tournament, with wood elves, and don't recall throwing the ball once. Who needs a thrower anyway?

Line up for the hunt for ultimate SWL glory:

Image Lab Rat Elysium (D_Arquebus) 1680k
Image Phoenix Academy Sharp Shooters (Bobs) 1620k
Image Didgeridead (Balle2000) 1620k
Image Pugs Not Drugs (mushoomy) 1690k
Image Waaaaghton Redskins (Pyates16) 1570k
Image Immortalis Inquietus (Faulcon) 1680k
Image Yeast Lords (Fool) 1600k

After the Dan Dan taxation, Bravado sits at TV1560k. Smallest team in Prem.

Three teams I have a perfect losing record against. This will be a challenging season.
Foad

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2019 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

#believeinramchopmanifest

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2019 - 03:21
FUMBBL Staff

Game 1: D_Arquebus's Skaven "Lab Rat Elysium" Image

First up in Prem one of the three teams here who Bravado have played more than once, and lost every time. 0/0/2

It was going to be tough, but if Dan Dan could crack a bit of rat armour maybe we'd have a chance.

Drive 1 Rats receive. At the end of turns 1, three wood elves have left the field. Damn.

Lab Rats were in no hurry. Why does nobody want to play high scoring elf ball against me? - I'm clearly not very good at it.

Despite the numbers imbalance I thought I played the drive really well. Holding the quick rats back enough so that by Turn 7 I had a decent shot at the ball.

Two assists came in and the ROgre was pushed away. That allowed the catcher to cancel two assists, and Dan Dan to strike Image Image

Disco Englert then leapt in onto the ball. Not expecting to gather it, but hoping to be a blodging ss pest next to it.

Fairly happy with how that ended up. A few dice rolls for the rats required. First pair Image Image and the wardancer off badly hurt.
The rest (apart form a roaring ROgre) went by without a hitch.

Half time 0-1.

Drive 3 Nuffle hadn't favoured me and I lost it a bit. Gave a free shot at my ball carrier. Rather than a play by play. Let's just watch why gutter runners should be murdered at birth.

But then Nuffle did favour me, three rats removed in one turn.

From there both teams fumbled and stumbled their way to a 2nd skaven score.

If I'd not lost my mind for a moment at the start of the 2nd half, theres a good chance I'd have had it at 1-1 at the end of my T16. Then the freakshow 1 -turner would have made it 1-2. Instead of...

Final score 1-3 (1/0/0 - 2/0/0)

At least the apo worked. -st on Dan Dan to BH.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2019 - 05:43
FUMBBL Staff

Game 2: Bobs' High Elf "Phoenix Academy Sharp Shooters" Image

50 games under the BB16 seasons ruleset. And to celebrate, Bravado get a match against High Elves.

Unfortunately it played out quite similar to the last round. One team lost their players very quickly, the other took advantage and ran in plenty of touchdowns.

Fortunately, it was the Wood Elves dishing out the damage.

Disco Englert scored a hattrick. And Dan Dan a cas brace.

I still have a bit to learn about elf ball. Simple things. Yes a M9 wardancer can easily score in two turns. Pick up the ball and run. However, if the pickup fails it's a good idea to have more than one receiver downfield.

I had one. Two TZs promptly put on Bolwgan Chabot, an eager young rookie with his first TD in sight. He didn't care about the attention, he caught that handoff. He dodged, he fell, he fractured his skull.

Final score 3-0 (1/1/0 - 1/0/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2019 - 08:34
FUMBBL Staff

Game 3: Balle2000's Khemri "Didgeridead" Image

These Khemri again. The last two times I faced them I lost. The last time was 4 games ago, in the meantime something has changed....

Niabatteroo is now S4. Looking similar to FUMBBL's #2 all time scorer

Drive 1
Khemri receive. Horror grind.
Eight turns is a long time to screen. Another option was to leap into the cage and -2D hit. With wrackle and a reroll that's a 40% success rate. Instead I tried to dodge a guard catcher in to make it a 1D, slightly worse odds. and it failed.
Khemri score T8.

There wasn't going to be a 1TTD with 3x TGs on the line.

Halftime 0-1

Drive 3

A positional error. Experience has taught me that the sideline is not my friend, even with sidestep. However, Ag5 and leap, I should have hugged that sideline for all it's worth.

Instead....

And because I'd already used the apo on a -av catcher, I've lost one of the greatest potential players I've ever owned.

However, the the scramble that eventuated meant Bravado scored T5 instead of T2.

Drive 4
Khemri is easier to screen out over 4 turns than they are in 7. Maybe Disco Englert didn't die in vain

Final Score 1-1 (0/0/0 - 2/0/1)
Atari

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2019 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Having some hard luck with your Wardancers lately. MY condolences. Though We all know Wardancers are not the most popular of players...
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2019 - 07:48
FUMBBL Staff

Game 4: mushoomy's Necromantic "Pugs Not Drugs" Image

ONE
Elves are superior to the Ag3 races. They can simply dodge away and meticulously construct a screen which the clumsy Ag3s have no chance of breaking.

The only one in range of this T8 score is the grey MA9 wolf (the killer wolf without dodge):
Ghoul pickup 3+ [3]
Wolf catch 3+ [1] rr [5]
Wolf blitz Image Image
Wolf dodge 6+ [6]
Wolf dodge 4+ [5]
Wolf dodge 3+ [4]
Wolf gfi [5], gfi [3]

---
TWO
Wood Elves are superior to the non-jumpy races. They can crack cages, especially with the help of Eldril, a guard catcher, and an Ag5 wrackle wardancer...

... who goes for it [1] rr [1], badly hurt.

---
THREE
Elves are superior to the Ag3 races. They can dodge into tight spaces to surf blodgy sidestepper wolves....

Close one gap with an uphill punch on the zombie Image Image rr Image Image. Move Eldril in to try to gaze away a tz, dodge in with an Ag5 lino....

...and uphill hit Image Image. Lino doesn't have block, down he goes. A lot of wood elves get surfed.

Final score 1-2 (1/0/0 - 2/0/0)

That annoyed me. That Wolf TD! That snaked GFI! That failed hypno! The luck was with the necro. But on review:

ONE If I'd have placed a wood elf lino South East of Eldril the wolf could not have gone that way.

TWO If Dan Dan had not gone for it, it'd be the necro needing to roll some dice

THREE This is the worst one. A few better options (all assume zombie is not removed from the field).
a) Ag5 guard dodges in for the assist (3+). -2D block on zombie. Eldril 2D blitzes. 52.7% chance of success
b) -2D block on zombie. Eldril moves in tries to hypno the zombie. Lino moves in to cancel the ghoul assist. Ag5 guard dodges in for the blitz (3+ dodge 2D hit if hypnoed, 4+ dodge 1D hit if not) 46.9%
c) Ag5 guard dodges in for the assist (3+). -2D block on zombie. Eldril moves in. Lino 1D blitz on the ghoul into the wolf. 43.9% chance of success
d) -2D block on zombie. Eldril moves in tries to hypno the zombie. Lino doesn't move in to cancel the ghoul assist. Ag5 guard dodges in for the blitz (3+ dodge 1D hit if hypnoed, 4+ dodge -2D hit if not) 37.9% chance of success

I chose (d). Yes luck played a big part in this loss, but I could have done better.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2019 - 02:15
FUMBBL Staff

Game 5: Pyates16's Orc "Waaaaghton Redskins" Image

Elfball!

TOUCHDOWN #1 (Turn 3)

TOUCHDOWN #2 (Turn 10)

TOUCHDOWN #3 (Turns 12-14)

TOUCHDOWN #4 (Turns 15-16)
/aah

Final score 3-0 (0/1/0 - 1/2/0)

----

This one's only a month late. The end of S78 was a rushed affair, had to get 3 games done in around 4 days before I hopped on a plane to the World Cup.

There'll be a couple of placeholders in the next two posts which I hope to get back to. Then after that a S79 preview which will contain spoilers for those placeholders.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2019 - 02:23
FUMBBL Staff

Game 6: Faulcon's Undead "Immortalis Inquietus" Image

Coming soon
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2019 - 02:24
FUMBBL Staff

Game 7: Fool's High Elf "Yeast Lordss" Image

Coming soon
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2019 - 02:55
FUMBBL Staff

SWL Crookwell Green Devils Conference LXXIX

Yes, conference. I said this post would have spoilers in it. Two choices for the rebuy:
(a) Go full rebuild, dump Dan Dan and start the season with two rookie wardancers, and only one player with 20+ games under her belt.
(b) Drop some rerolls, no bench, wear the exorbitant WTR tax (100k!), and let Dan Dan try to get us back to Prem. Even though he's Av5 now (another spoiler!)

I'm sentimental. I chose (b), 139spp. Legend! (or death)?

With the Dan Dan tax and losers from Prem generally coming off a tougher season than the winners from Reggies, Bravado starts the season as one of the lowest TV of all the teams in this conference.

Here's how they line up in order:
Image Amateur Professionals (tussock). 1630tv (S78: 2nd place in a regional)
Image Leopold Leeches (JamesDSF). 1440tv (S78: 3rd place in a regional)
Image More Food for Thawt (BeefyGoodness). 1550tv (S78: 3rd place in a regional)
Image Morning Breakfast Cereal (Wex). 1440tv (S77: 4th place in a conference)
Image Blood Crag Stripes (Klazam). 1630tv (S78: 1st place in a regional)
Image Didgeridead (Balle2000) 1510k (S78: 4th place in premier)
Image Blue Mountain Giants (ClayInfinity) 1630k (S78: 5th place in a conference)

OK, so that was a myth. Despite the lower TDs and Cas of a beaten team. Bravado is in the middle of the pack TV-wise

Image Bravado (ramchop) 1530k (S78: 5th place in premier)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 04:10
FUMBBL Staff

Game 1: tussock's High Elf "Amateur Professionals" Image

tussock is back in SWL! And with a high elf team that absolutely smashed it in reggies last season. Unbeaten with a 7/2/0 record, their coach has lofty future claims of being the first High Elf team to win SWL. More bravado then Bravado.

In their 9 games the Amateurs has scored less than 2 TDs only once, and 3+ TDs on 5 occasions. Get ready for some elfball.....

Drive 1. Wood Elves receive. Touchdown! Turn 5. 1-0
Drive 2. Highs Elves receive. Touchdown! Turn 6. 1-1
Drive 3. Wood Elves receive. Touchdown! Turn 8. 2-1
Drive 4. High Elves receive. One turn attempt. My defence was foiled by a leaping blitzer who got in behind way too easily. Lots of pushing to get the M8 catcher in range, requiring a completely surrounded sidestepping Bravado catcher. A long pass in the sun... and the catcher... snakes it.

Half time 2-1 (one dead wood elf, full high elf bench)

Drive 5 High Elves receive. Blitz! Viola the catcher zips in under the ball. She's smacked by a High Elf tackler, but she sidesteps towards support, and spills the ball into the hands of a friendly lineman. Touchdown! Turn 9. 3-1
Drive 6 High Elves receive. Touchdown! Turn 11. 3-2

Drive 7 Wood Elves receive.

Surely I couldn't screw things up from here. But I'm sure I could try.

Bravado were extra wary of a leaping stripper catcher Frank Oliver. So the wood elves flanked new wardancer Volos with a guard and filled in other gaps, let's at least make this strip uphill:

Oh dear, at least the scatter was kind. How about we collect the ball and do it again?

Frank may have leap, wrestle and strip ball. But he doesn't have dodge. Reroll burnt on the failed dodge, and a tasty skull to follow things up.

Should be smooth sailing from here....

Snakes!!! Useless rookie wardancer Snakes!!!!!

Touchdown Turn 16. 3-3

tussock was really cut up about the injustice of it all.
<tussock> still crying
<tussock> so funny
<tussock> Just such a massive shock
<tussock> 4-2 to 3-3 just like that
<tussock> now, riot protection

Drive 8 Wood Elves receive. One tuner. Touchdown! 4-3 \o/

Full time 4-3 (0/1/0 - 1/1/1)

Nuffle you beautiful horrible tease.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2019 - 07:09
FUMBBL Staff

Game 2: JamesDSF's Vampire "Leopold Leeches" Image

Another fresh team up from Reggies. Surely experienced Wood Elves could put this young dynamite team away.

2-2

T12. Blitz! Bravado storms under the ball. Vamps and thralls are marked but vamps hypno thralls free to get enough asssits for a 3D block on the wardancer who had caught it Image Image Image and hands it over to the neighbouring lineman,

After a dodging wrestler 1D blitzed the thrall down and away, with no wood elf rerolls left a choice needed to be made. Screen and make the vamps roll the dice, or dodge, gfi, gfi. 3x 2+ rolls and go for the score. The snaked gfi TD last game put me off so....

Make the vamps roll dice. Surely vamps would fail something.

Wrong choice. Vamps run away with it.

Full time 2-3 (3/0/0 - 3/0/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2019 - 04:57
FUMBBL Staff

Game 3: BeefyGoodness's Chaos "More Food for Thawt" Image

Third team in a row up from Reggies. Like tussock's High Elves, this Chaos team is unbeaten. Let's see if Bravado can claim a first scalp again.

First half, Chaos receives, Blitz! Bravado scores
Chaos receive again and score T8

Half time 1-1

Things are looking good at the start of the second half. Wood Elves receive and are not too down on numbers (9-10).

Bravado T10 Ball is collected. Do all the easy moves first and end with the Tree.
HUGE MISTAKE!!!!!

Not the block.
Image Image
but the follow-up

Even though the Warrior was labelled "BD", I missed/forgot the "D".

Chaos T10 Assists come in, the tree was toppled over, and the ball was spilled. Ball covered.
Bravado T11 Wood Elf lineman gets the ball
Chaos T11 Balled sacked, then collected by a goat, and handed to a Warrior
Bravado T12 Ball sacked, then collected by a lineman
Chaos T12 Balled sacked, then covered
Bravado T13 Ball sacked, then collected by Dan Dan
Chaos T13 Balled sacked, then collect failed.

Bravado T14
Things looked bad. Throughout all this ball sacking the ball had steadily headed into Bravado territory. It sat in two Chaos tackle zones 3 squares away from the wood elf endzone. No rerolls. Dan Dan stunned.

<ramchop> i can't see you not winning now

Desperation elf ball

This time I threw the dice. Ag5 lino, dodged into 2 tackle zones (without dodge), picked up, handed off to a blodge catcher in 1 tackle zone. Viola dodged and ran. Withstood a 3D blitz Image Image Image, ran out of range, then scored T16.

A lucky escape.

Full time 2-1 (0/1/0 - 4/0/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2019 - 07:07
FUMBBL Staff

Game 4: Wex's Elf "Morning Breakfast Cereal" Image

These elves have some special players.
Image S4 Tackle blitzer
Image S4 Tackle catcher
Image M7 Ag5 thrower.

They don't have a Dan Dan but...

Some say Bravado were fools to pay the 100k wants to retire tax. Only Av5, he'll not see out the season, he'll spend all game in the KO/Cas bin.

Drive 1: Bravado receive and find themselves on the back foot. Dan Dan brings it into the Elf half and passes it to the scorer. 1-0

Drive 3: One turner. With the grab tree and the rest of the team pushing Viola into range, Dan Dan is free to blitz forward and make a hole in the screen. 2-1

Drive 4 (Turn 9): Silly thrower! 3-1

After smacking the Elf thrower (who needs strip when you can Image ?) Dan Dan collects a boot to the head and spends the rest of the game KOed.

Over the final 6 turns his teammates do their best to throw away the win, and were saved by a failed T16 elf catch.

Full time 3-2 (1/0/0 - 0/0/1)
 Jump to: