25 coaches online • Server time: 05:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hobgoblin_Steve

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2019 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to add teams that have already played games on the tabletop to Fumbbl? i.e. is it possible to create a custom team which already has SPP and skills, injuries etc. in order to play a game for a tabletop league online, if you can't manage to meet up in person?

Thanks for any feedback.
neilwat

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2019 - 22:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think in a league team you can. You would need to set up a league with the right rules to suit your TT league, e.g piling on or wizards. Then the players in your TT league would need to join it. Not sure if once you have a team made you could then add extra skills for a later game?
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2019 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure that a league admin would be able to add SPP to players - tricky bit might be skill rolls - eg if you rolled doubles in real life, not sure how fumbbl handles that

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2019 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hobgoblin_Steve wrote:
Is it possible to add teams that have already played games on the tabletop to Fumbbl? i.e. is it possible to create a custom team which already has SPP and skills, injuries etc. in order to play a game for a tabletop league online, if you can't manage to meet up in person?

Thanks for any feedback.

All of this is fully possible.

You can create a league, and play one-off games keeping track of the result etc. yourself, or play the entire season on Fumbbl. It's very flexible.

This will get you started: https://fumbbl.com/help:CreateLeague

Also: drop by the Fumbbl discord and see if someone can help you if you get stuck https://discord.gg/5WYYrg

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2019 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep.

If you set yourselves up as league commissioners you can edit teams and players. Add skills, SPPs, injuries etc.

One thing that you cannot do is edit Fan Factor, I think.

For RRs, Apoths, coaches, cheerleaders etc, you have to give the team gold and let the coach buy them.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2019 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a way of setting who the commissioner is, or will it just be the person who created the league?
I've tried to set up a league to do this so I can play both on tt and fumbbl, but don't seem to be able to edit any players. Cheers.
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2019 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been trying to figure this out as well. I went through the Create League link that Balle showed, but I still cant figure out how to edit a team's skills. Much like the OP I run a TT league and sometimes rescheduling games is a hassle for coaches who live across town. Using Fumbbl would be nice

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2019 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It is pretty easy, but unintuitive. Very possible to do it. I have created a manual, but it is sitting on my discord DLA server.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2019 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been having a little play, and I think I've stumbled across it.
I changed the type to a league using a ruleset called "skills galore" (i can't remember the id of it).
Then added a team to the league, then clicked import (does this change that team to use that leagues ruleset?)
Now when I click a player I can add skills, award skill rolls etc.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2019 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep. That is it. Only the admins of the "league" where the team is created (or imported into) can edit the team.

You can add more admins. Use the "More" link along the top, then "Edit Group Staff"

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2019 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, it's stsrting to make sense, thanks.
Is there a way to see the id of a ruleset you've created? Or a list of standard rulesets?
As I understand it, you need to enter a valid ruleset id to change a group to a league, which then enables the editing of teams.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2019 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Go to this link: https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset

Click the ruleset that you want and you will see the id as a parameter in the browser address bar

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2019 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Just what I needed, thanks!
 Jump to: