58 coaches online • Server time: 22:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
El_Hombre

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2019 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Can anybody direct me to a league/environment/group/... of some sorts where you can play one-off games with tournament rosters? Like Blackbox, but without the skill-progression.

thank you!
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2019 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you mean like tabletop tournament rosters? e.g. TV1100 no progression.

Or do you mean like regular progression teams playing non-progression matches?

Either way, I don't know of anyone running leagues/groups like that. I'm not even sure that non-progression works outside of tournaments.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2019 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Either way, I don't know of anyone running leagues/groups like that. I'm not even sure that non-progression works outside of tournaments.

The first one! I want to focus more on getting tournament-style games in, since they tend to have different skillchoices both on your own team and your opponents.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2019 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... a non-progression weekly league, or a scheduled-progression league, would be interesting.

Actually, the Academy should be structured that way. Hmmm. This gets me thinking.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2019 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

You would just create an individual league for each tournament, correct?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2019 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

We'll need Christer's word on this.

I think the issue is that NP is based around tournament rounds. So, if you are not in a tournament, the system may not know what it is doing.

I am sure that people have done this before but they may just have set up a one round tournament.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2019 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?group=11851&op=view

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2019 - 17:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Non-progression is an option in rulesets, so it should work outside of tournaments.

Moving a non-progression team into a progression league later on, however, would be a bit of a mess most likely Smile
Mattius

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2019 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

El_Hombre wrote:
koadah wrote:

The first one! I want to focus more on getting tournament-style games in, since they tend to have different skillchoices both on your own team and your opponents.

During the year there are a number of NAF online tournaments run on fumbbl. Keep a close eye on fumbbl and NAF and you'll see them. They count towards your ranking and follow tournament rule sets.
El_Hombre

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2019 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattius wrote:
El_Hombre wrote:
koadah wrote:

During the year there are a number of NAF online tournaments run on fumbbl. Keep a close eye on fumbbl and NAF and you'll see them. They count towards your ranking and follow tournament rule sets.

that's the games I'd like to play! But without them counting towards any ranking, so they can be used for experimenting. Practice games. Just one-offs with tournament rules.
Mattius

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2019 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

El_Hombre wrote:
Mattius wrote:
El_Hombre wrote:
koadah wrote:

that's the games I'd like to play! But without them counting towards any ranking, so they can be used for experimenting. Practice games. Just one-offs with tournament rules.

Check this link, it should explain everything you need. http://www.sann0638.co.uk/naf-pickup-games-on-fumbbl/

If you struggle then best to pm sann0638.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2019 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you can play in test mode. If with someone else who is willing to do that. I haven't tried it but I think you choose any skill combo for it.