61 coaches online • Server time: 23:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2019 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I've applied, lets hope I actually play a game this time...
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Rule suggestion:

Anyone can volunteer to be the Challenge Manager if that position is open. The CM collects information about all challenges and relays this to the tournament members, at least once a week and at most once per day, by posting into the group PM for the season. The CM can always choose to end their assignment, there does not have to be any CM.

A challenge PM must also include the Challenge Manager, if there is one for the current season.

Your thoughts please.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren wrote:
Rule suggestion:

Anyone can volunteer to be the Challenge Manager if that position is open. The CM collects information about all challenges and relays this to the tournament members, at least once a week and at most once per day, by posting into the group PM for the season. The CM can always choose to end their assignment, there does not have to be any CM.

A challenge PM must also include the Challenge Manager, if there is one for the current season.

Your thoughts please.

If you add me as an admin to the group page, I can keep an updated list of challenges. If you are making a challenge, just include me on the PM. I will put current challenges on the group page.

Also. When are we starting season 4? I am ready to rumble.
lanky316

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that was the plan after I'd made the suggestion so didn't make a post. Sounds like a good solution spelledaren. Almost ready to go!
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor's suggestion would move the updates about challenges from the group PM to the group page instead.

Plus: less pings about messages
Cons: less obvious about when it is updated

What does everyone think? PM or group page?

We will start on Nov 10th. Will advertise in the coming week about it.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yes, sorry. Big fail on reading comprehension Razz

I'd prefer the message route myself. Just because of the ease of sight. I'm more likely to be able to follow things by PM than spend time going to the group page to have a quick look. Other people of course may have differing views.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the group page would be easier because you would not need to read through several posts to see what challenges were still valid.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I assume that if we do go the group PM route there would be 1 post containing all the current challenge statuses, not a new PM for each one.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, that's how I would do it.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

lanky316 wrote:
Yes, that's how I would do it.

That works too. No problem. When do we start playing?
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not part of the league, but I'd say that group page + forum messages help increase visibility and would probably help recruitment.

As it stands, everything is hidden except messages at season's start and end.

I'd say that it might be worth updating the group page as well as other methods.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you koadah.

Well, the group page has the current standings for those that want to look. Forum messages for challenges could work... but be less visible for league members (another place to look, not obvious when updated).

In keeping with the league being easy to manage and take part in I think group PM will be the easiest way for those who participate.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2019 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

After some thinking and discussion I've decided to go with the suggested rule addition above.

Season 4 starts tomorrow! TW 1000 limit to join! You can join at any time!

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2019 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

lanky316 will be Challenge Manager to start season 4. Thank you for offering.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Things are moving fast!

Nightbreed has brought a team of Fire elementals to King position, and already a won game! The season could end at any time!