39 coaches online • Server time: 09:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fidius

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

How bout something like this photo: https://p.jing.fm/clipimg/small/24-245586_cracked-eggs-clipart-crack-egg-clipart-png.png
...only the egg is the world, and the egg yolk is warpstone?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Like this but with the Pact renegades:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2Fac%2F10%2F45%2Fac1045fbc9bc7423bfc8634477d998f5.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F119978777545627911%2F&docid=CKTNP5uAXo8BlM&tbnid=leofyyryrWIMsM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjir_P0yujlAhXzGTQIHUHIAoIQMwh1KAIwAg..i&w=925&h=864&bih=982&biw=1920&q=circle%20of%20hands&ved=0ahUKEwjir_P0yujlAhXzGTQIHUHIAoIQMwh1KAIwAg&iact=mrc&uact=8

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

What about a spiked ball made of warpstone, with flashes of energy and stuff, for Underworld?

I like the idea of the 8 pointed star for Pact but that's very generic.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, great work, although not ideal subject choice because the Minotaur is not very representative of the team (worst of the 3 Big Guys and makes to think of Chaos Chosen) but better than the question mark.
Java

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Loving the minotaur over the chaos star!

I had to check the UW logo in the create team page to see it properly, but I like it as well

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

@MattDakka, I would argue that's what make using any single face problematic for pact (or underworld)...EVERY face you choose has a higher affiliation to a different team. So the logo would need to incorporate multiple faces (problematic from a minimalist/ clarity perspective) or none (problematic from a branding perspective). It's probably why these races have taken so long to establish in the first place. It's why I like the circle of arms. It represents the actual solidification of the 'pact' and shows the four renegade races (via how the arms/ hands are stylized) while also being fairly minimalist and straightforward. Anyhoo, that's all the more I'll say on it as I don't have the skill set to try and produce a sample.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work with the new logos, so much better, well done @Garion and @Frylen. Now only all the teams in Stunty Leeg? Wink
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The original idea was to have all 3 big guy faces on one facing forward the other 2 left and right. But it's just not possible while maintaining visibility of what the badge is. Because it needs to resize so small.

Ogre was a no go because of ogres, troll is a no go because of underworld. Mino was the logical choice to represent big guy + chaos. Which is what pact are meant to be. The chaos symbol also uses the colours of chaos all stars to further drive home that this is a chaos pact/renegades roster. I think it's pretty clear really.

As for the hands idea. Yeah it's a nice idea but it would be incredibly hard to pull off especially on such a small canvas

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If the 3 Big Guy faces could not be displayed then just the red/green Chaos star would have been perfect.
Anyway, we will have to live with it.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
If the 3 Big Guy faces could not be displayed then just the red/green Chaos star would have been perfect.
Anyway, we will have to live with it.

Wow... just.. wow Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

*ahem*

*patronising tone*

As a fellow countrymen of MattDakka (even though he displays the national flag rather than the regional flag) I have to point out that the way the above comment comes across in English is very different from the way the sentiment conveyed by the above sentence would impact the conversation among our compatriots, where "good enough" and "all right" are the peak of praise and the highest expectation possible of any event and enterprise is that nothing bad happens and people go home saying "it wasn't too bad".

Cultural differences. When will they stop causing problems?

*breathes*

Sorry about that.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1, why did you break Fumbbl man?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. Sorry about that. Didn't know I had that kind of power.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The Earring logo for UW was awesome!

Other than that much better than question marks Wink

(I honestly don't think the new UW and new pact logo are consistent with the rest of the logos, and I don't personally love them, but no biggie.)
 Jump to: