19 coaches online • Server time: 04:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Frylen

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2019 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

There are several levels of bbcoders on this forum. I picture myself as one of the more advanced users but there are a lot of gaps in my own knowledge I struggle with and I think some of you can educate me on it. One of my main problem for some time has been the thick black block that seems to appear outside the frame sometimes when code gets heavy. I have found that it sometimes may appear when there are too many block end tags ( [/block] ). But sometimes it seems to just show up when there are too many blocks in action. An example is this (rather heavy to load) note:
https://fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=7321

This is the code for the part that gets the black behind it:
https://fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=6944&code=1

It contains several levels of blocks and for some reason the black thingy bordering it just shows up. Interesting enough - it ALLWAYS goes away when I surround the problem code within a floatcontainer. So that has been my main solution. The only problem is that floatcontainers add scrollers when the content is slightly larger than the block (And that sometimes obscure layout on some browsers).

It all feels like an issue that ought to have a simpler solution. Why does the black happen? What could I do to avoid/fix it?
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2019 - 00:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Floating blocks are rendered outside of the normal render sequence. If you only have floating blocks, you will get the black background after the bottom of the normal flow of the site has ended (bottom of the initial window).

If you must use only floating blocks, you should add an empty [block=clear][/block] at the end to force the regular content to be as long as the floating stuff.
Frylen

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2019 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

That works like a charm Smile Thanks a lot!
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2019 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

As one of those lower-level BBCoders on the site, can someone tell me why the word "Background" is shifted to the right in the first header?

Jump to: