45 coaches online • Server time: 20:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DarkElfcoach

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2019 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I need help with my Dark Elves team in group stage.

My roster(probably):

- 1 x Runner

- 4 x Blitzer

- 6 x Linemen

- 2 x re-rolls

Playing against:

- Elven Union

- Orcs

- Orcs

I don't know what are their starting rosters, but lets say it's something standard. Like 4xblitzer/ 4xblack orcs/ 1xthrower/ 2xlinemen or Troll instead of one Line and re-roll.
And for Elves 2xblitzers/ 2xcatchers/ 1xthrower/ 6xlineman.
All teams wll have 2-3 re-rolls. More like 3 instead of 2.

My first game is against the orcs. Then EU, then orcs again. Then round up all over.

Any advices on strategy? or even roster?
smallman

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2019 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

They have no tackle, witch is vital, runner not vital. Less rr is fine.
Milman

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2019 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

i would drop the runner and a blitzer and go for a line and a witch. focus on getting the spp on the witch to give her block or wrestle, and then on the blitzers. a stripballer,guard are nice. get the apo asap and then another reroll. leader hopefully on a lino.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2019 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If these are starting rosters with no skills, and it's not a resurrection tourney I would not recommend starting with a witch. Too expensive, too vulnerable - too many eggs in one basket. 4 blitzers is better. If it is resurrection and you can give her block or wrestle, she's a sound choice though.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2019 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Forget Strip Ball on Darkies early on, just go Dodge on everyone. I'd also go Witch and take Block on her (Wrestle is nice but early on Block is more useful as many opponents still have a lot of players without block). First thing you buy is apoth (use on Badly Hurt or even KO on your positionals), then either 4th Blitzer or RR.

First Blitzer that gets to 16 spp gets Tackle.

Kick first. Kill Pro Elf Linos and Catchers, stay away from Blitzers. With Orcs slow them down, possibly go contact in the right moment to steal the ball, but when in doubt, just go double screen and stay one square away.

On offence, well. Dark Elf offence isn't easy. Carry with Witch until the skills up, then carry with a Blitzer. Keep your guys together, screen also on offence, try to control as much space as you can. If you push through a gap push through with enough people to protect the ball. Send a scoring threat downfield to tie up opposing players but don't go for the pass unless desperate. Score T8 if you can.

Good luck!
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2019 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what kind of Player you are. I'm a Player that doesn't need much RRs in the game, my starting roster would be heavily frontloaded: try to get as many positionals as possible early on, block and dodge are the most important skills in this game. So my roster would be: 2 witches (because they are the best Players of the darkies and dodge is even better than block early on, get These skilled up at fast as possible), 4 blitzers (mv7 and block skill is nice to start with), 1 runner (he's your dedicated ball carrier, dump off is a great skill to defend the ball) and 4 linemen (you shouldn't need more). And yes, no RRs, you won't need them because you've got enough skills that can be used.
First skills: block or wrestle for the witches, dodge for all other darkies.
Don't be afraid of av7, it is enough as your oppoent hasn't got tackle and mb.
Eisenherz

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2019 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ofc you need rerolls. i would recommend two. about the witch - it depends about the skill level of your opponents (and your own). good players WILL target the witch always and loosing her will cost you dearly. against bad players frenzy and jump up can be great. dont take the runner. av 7 will make him a target as well and dump off ist not that reliable plus he is only good on offense
DarkElfcoach

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. I'll go with the Bitch Very Happy

- 7 x Linemen
- 3 x Blitz
- 1 x Witch
- 2 x RR

Main thing- DODGE. With only two RR and no opposing tackles at least untill 3-4 round I really need that one player with a dodge skill. RR will burn on double skulls or GFIs for TD or on passes and I really don't want to spend them on dodges if it's possible. That's where dodge skill on Bitch comes handy. + FRENZY+ JUMP UP. Witch is the real deal lol

btw here's the color scheme

juck101

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2019 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ace painting.
Yeah as said above get blodge first on your key players and grab tackle as soon as you can. Buy a witch as 12th player.

Just fight back HARD. Every time you can run or block, choose to block. DE are study with av8 so dont feel you cant ever mark. Saying that ideally every turn you want to end with 0 players in zones and force any hits as a blitz.
 Jump to: