39 coaches online • Server time: 00:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2019 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Said the one with 78 % currently. Very Happy
SpecialOne

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2019 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. My start has been way above my normal playing level. I expect to drop down to my 56% win that I usually have.

But I just played my 25th game, and it looking like this so far:

Undead 9/0/1
Undead is my go-to team always, so I picked them to get one team I know I can get a positive record with. I am in the hunt for the best with undead, and will play for that. But the big aim is still to play all 100 games and complete the BBT for the first time ever. Played in the 2 previous ones also.

Khemri 5/0/1
Khemri was fun last time, so wanted to give them a go again. Doing way above par for me.

Norse 2/1/0
Is a team I have dabbled with before and I play them to try and figure out if I want to play them at the next TT I play in.

Ogre 2/1/3
Just fun and games. Whatever they bring I take.
Nachtogen

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2019 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

First 25 are done, some teams did good, others did kinda awfull.

The Lizardman played 6 games, got 5/1/0 which gives them 6 points, let's hope they continue like this.

Underworld are not doing bad either, 3/2/1 isn't bad for a team half filled with goblins, and they also had 3 rips (not gobs) in their first three games.

Dark Elfs are doing kinda bad with 3/2/4 after 9 games. They really need to improve or they're going to ruin the entire run. Probably should've gone with a different starting lineup.

And lastly the Vampires with 3/0/1 are doing as expected. Just got their 4th vampire, we'll see if they can keep up.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2019 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Slightly delayed update https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=12127
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2019 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/
smallman

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

As predicted box game numbers are on the decline, as squads that have a bad run lose interest in continuing. Be good if coaches could start a new squad without having to finish first 100 games. This would keep game numbers higher.
AL3X_FR

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there ! First participation to this BB Trophy and I'm enjoying it a lot Smile
Thanks for organizing it !

A question about racial leaders: I can see in following link that I'm the nurgle race leader but this is not visible in the ranking, the previous leader still have teh bonus points, is it normal ?
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=12127

Concerning last post from smallman. Sorry but I think that people stop playing because some "Legend" players are trusting all trophies. I think the point of the BBT is to make the community playing with a squad rule that force them to make choices (I'm not fan of the "retry with another squad" option).
If those "Legends" want a special trophy for them, maybe they should create a BlackBoxLegend Ladder or whatever.

Cheers Wink
smallman

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Umm I don't understand you, typos I guess
AL3X_FR

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, should be typos. Forget it.

On the topic of race leaders any idea ?
Strider84

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah the list does not consider extra points for games played. bigboppan has already 25 games so 2.5 bonus points.

as you'll get them anyways you will get your racial lead latest when you lose all games Smile
AL3X_FR

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so the racial leader score should consider those extra points.
My bad Wink
Thanks !
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding number of games, it was about 7 weeks at 300 extra box games per week, which is +2100 games. But like the top ten most played in box trophy are almost 100 each, which is half of those, and some of them have stopped, at least for a while, rather than start a 2nd team.

I don't think it's the people who haven't played many are slowing it down, it's the people who raced to 100, or close to it, and then stopped. They played a whole lot of games in a couple months.

Even the top 80 have played 30-40 games each, that's close to every box game in the last couple months, but the top ten or so are still a huge chunk of the games played, and that's what's slowing off, as that also reduces match-ups for everyone else.

A few people that activate multiple teams a few times a day, every day, they make a lot more draws happen. Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't drop out because my team is terrible! I just have too many hobbies and leagues come first.

I knew the team would be terrible before the season. Hoping for a bit more time over Christmas to catch my breath and get some games in.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

There is still plenty time. Wink
krazeeEyezKilla

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The Box Trophy has greatly helped me find games at off-peak hours. It has also humbled me as there are so many very good coaches that play during these times. I'm currently at 50 games played.

The Norse are 7/8/5. Most matches have been at under 1500TV with 5 matches against Emerging Star coaches and 7 against Super Star or Legend coaches. I still can't quite get the hang of how to play with this team.

The Vampires are 3/3/10. This team has been a disaster! They have lost 4 Vamps and 14 Thralls to death/retirement. The highest TV they have reached is 1160 with 4 matches against Emerging Star coaches and 5 against Super Star or Legend coaches. I played most of the games without an apothecary because at low TV I would rather have an extra Thrall than an apo. This strategy has gone very poorly! Any advice with this team is appreciated.

The Ogres are 3/3/5. First time playing with Ogres and they have been shockingly not terrible - with only normal skill rolls aside from a +st Ogre. The Ogres have peeked at 1410TV. They have had much friendlier matchups than my other teams.

The Elven Union are 3/0/0. Apparently this team is amazing at low TV. I'll see if it holds up.
 Jump to: