40 coaches online • Server time: 00:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

both my box vampire teams are around the 1600s, and both are on 4 vampires and 4 rerolls. I'm starting to spread Pro around, so I'm thinking it might be the time I can take a 5th vampire.

Is it ever that time, to begin with?

and, tangentially, do you tend to dump rerolls once you have more developed vamps with sure hands/pro/sure feet?
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You finally want 6 Vampires, so yes, now might be the time to get a 5th Vampire. You don't have to field all of them as they might burn RRs to fast.
Mattius

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
both my box vampire teams are around the 1600s, and both are on 4 vampires and 4 rerolls. I'm starting to spread Pro around, so I'm thinking it might be the time I can take a 5th vampire.

Is it ever that time, to begin with?

and, tangentially, do you tend to dump rerolls once you have more developed vamps with sure hands/pro/sure feet?

I think a lot depends on the number of stat increases you got, if many, then quite frankly, you should go all out. If not so many 1/2, then i think it's best to be more conservative and go up to 5 once the others are more developed.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 22:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is actually two questions masquerading as one.

The box team is probably ready to grow, especially if a big vampire box team is the goal. Carefully, as they can get smashed, so maybe keeping a little cash back, i'd be looking to grow to 5 vamps and rerolls asap. the jump from 1600 to 2000 tkes you into some tough waters, fully developed orcs and dorfs, tooled up nurgle and chaos, maxing undead and Necro, stat+ elves all over your ball. But its got to be swum up through and 4 developed vamps with an aspiring is the way to go.

The trophy box vamps are about half way through the run and surely need to get to 25 games, even if the team dies the game after? In that case id be looking to stay at 4 and be ruthless in TV efficiency, maybe even scumming cash into inducements. Get bang for buck for the 25, maybe even trying to keep under a 1600 ceiling and out of the real nasty TV's up higher. Once you hit the 25 decide if its a long term team. tough with that future to think a new vampire is the way to go, 4 killers with miminal reroll required leaves the rerolls for key BL's and thrall use, and for balling.

A bonus for this plan is activating both at once the longer lived team can act as 'top cover' for the BBT team, pulling the match ups from much higher TV and keeping the trophy team to more even games where the great vamps can dominate.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys! That is a lot to think about.

And yes I always activate both at the same time, but I never thought that the bigger team would act as cover, even though it is fairly obvious now that PC mentioned it Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2019 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

You can run one more vamp than you have Pro or Stats (plus block or dodge) on vamps.

I take new guys to Dodge Pro, then grab another, except my current test where I'm trying to hide them down low and minimise TV on 2 RR and 3 vamps, which, 8/2/2 so maybe, though the +MA +ST guy helps heaps and would really work well at any TV.

To some extent, if you just have a bunch of normal skills on them at 76+, probably start over once the others have the basics. I mean, you can carry like 3 of them next to stat vamps, but 4-5 on all normals is bad for the team's chances up high.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2019 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd wait until all of your vamps have at least 3-4 stat increases then win a Fumbbl Cup.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2019 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampire teams are all about the gaze. Get to 6 asap.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2019 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

In the Box, I believe that 3 or max 4 vamps give you the best chance of winning. If you want to develop a team, I think you need a few pros as soon as you reach 4 vamps. blodge and one or two tacklers are even more important I think.
Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2019 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought you wanted 6 vampires right from game 1?

Oscar Wilde
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2019 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to always start with 5, but it is a better team down low to start with 3, especially with MVP spamming to get them all skilled super quick. More Vamps used to get them more MVPs, now it gets them less. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2019 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
I thought you wanted 6 vampires right from game 1?

Wouldn't you keep running out of thralls?

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

do you guys cycle vampires that don't get stats after the 4th or 5th skill?

If you don't, how in Nuffle's name do people get those FREAKSHOW teams with multiple ST6, multiple AG5, and so on? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

They cycle after the first 2 skills more likely.
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Grin Bay sacked a grand total of 3 uninjured vamps ever (5 skill, 5 skill, and 2 skill). Most of the dead and permed ones also had stats. They lost a legend shortly before the fumbbl cup with +MA and +ST too, so this is really a weaker version of the team that's left.

You protect the stats ones a bit better, and ST 5 or 6 is hard to hit anyway, so over time, you tend to accumulate vamps with stats, especially +ST ones. It's like old Ogres have a lot of Block, because the ones without Block just don't last as long.