26 coaches online • Server time: 10:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nedlam

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2020 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I post this here so anyone can help me.

I have created a tournament and, when a match is played, it seems that the interface don't let to end it as a tie.

When a match ends in a tie, the interface automatically starts another 8 turns to end the match (like a 3rd time) and, if there is no winner, it assigns a winner randomly.

Why a match can't end in tie?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2020 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

What kind of tournament is it?

If it is a KO then yes, there must be a winner. Otherwise, the tournament cannot progress.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2020 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

This combination of settings means that the match winner will be randomly selected if it is a tie at the end of normal time.

https://imgur.com/a/9RjMl1E

I know, because I forgot to tick the "enable overtime" box once and we were surprised when the match just ended.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2020 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratchoof wrote:
This combination of settings means that the match winner will be randomly selected if it is a tie at the end of normal time.

https://imgur.com/a/9RjMl1E

I know, because I forgot to tick the "enable overtime" box once and we were surprised when the match just ended.

Is that a new thing? I don't recall ever selecting that for KO tournaments.

Either way, a KO cannot end in a tie.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2020 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if you leave the "Use custom rules" unchecked then it defaults to having overtime for KO tournaments, so you aren't wrong Smile
Nedlam

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2020 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, "Enable overtime" is unchecked, but it is true that "Use custom rules" is unchecked too, so I will change this last one to checked to see if the problem is fixed. Thanks.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2020 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

A match in a KO tournament can't end in a tie. This is because the tournament needs to know who to send to the next round of the tournament. Even if overtime is successfully turned off (I'm not sure it can in a Ko tournament), the interface will still randomly select a winner.
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2020 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

New update I think, depends if the Tournament flipped the switch