40 coaches online • Server time: 16:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bram

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I had some difficulties setting it up, but I finally managed to support Fumbbl through a monthly Patreon pledge.

Patreon sent me a receipt that confirms I have donated to Fumbbl on 1st of March.

Nevertheless the Fumbbl supporter badge on my page is still silver (from an earlier donation long time ago), not gold. Is that normal? It should be gold, right?
DatMonsta

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

When you click on your supporter badge you will find following info:

This icon will show automatically if you donated money using the paypal button in the top right corner. If you have donated in any other way and do not have this icon on your overview, please contact Christer.
UNQUOTE
Mattius

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to add to this, you need your patreon page linked to an authed discord account for Fumbbl. If done right it should be done automatically. If still it's not working,then reach out to an admin.
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

@Mattius are you saying that if I link discord to patreon then the badge will come without having to contact Christer?
Halfabrain

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

tbh I've been donating monthly to fumbbl for nearly 2 years and still have no badge of any colour... I've no idea what discord is and wouldn't know how to link it to patreon if I did, I did try to contact an admin about a while back but the process seemed so convoluted I gave up in the end.
Mattius

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Muff2n wrote:
@Mattius are you saying that if I link discord to patreon then the badge will come without having to contact Christer?

Yes, but it could still be an issue. Maybe try this first. There is another forum post where this was covered that may have more details.
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 15:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Discord is a chat program used for group chats. Well worth making an account for it. In the site menu, you'll find it in Community->Chat.

You'd make an account on the Discord site, and then go to profile->Apps on Patreon where you can connect the two accounts.

Then from the FUMBBL Discord server, you'd connect Discord to FUMBBL as well (send the word "auth" to BowlBot in a private message and you'll get instructions for how this is done).

At this point, the connections are all set up, and within 24 hours of doing this, your supporter badge should be automatically updated.

I'd be happy to assist people with this process on Discord (it really is worth making an account).
Halfabrain

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer you're a legend, thanks so much for all you've done 👍👍

But as I said, it's convoluted, and as my comp skills are about the same as your grandma I may or more probably may not get around to doing all of that. I'd like a badge so everyone doesn't think I'm a freeloader but probably not enough to spend 2 hours figuring out how to get it.
Halfabrain

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Btw, just spent the last 20 minutes trying to work out how to link patreon to the discord app. I don't think there's any hope for me...
Halfabrain

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

not that anyone's interested, but I finally managed to get them all linked together using Christer's advice above. Apparently the problem was I was trying to do it on a mobile... When I used a laptop (the same one I have to beg, borrow or steal from my wife to play fumbbl) it worked fine
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 16:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to hear it, and since you managed to do the Discord to FUMBBL connection as well, I expect your badge to appear on the site overnight (it's a nightly job that runs on the server).
 Jump to: