44 coaches online • Server time: 15:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Prez

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2020 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well once you ready your team and attach the 3 JM your TV will jump to 970K, so should be ok for finding a game easy enough.

I seriously recommend you get the Admin to change your player names as your team is begging to be reported for rules violation - Players Names

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2020 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

ok thanks.

sounds good thanks

cheers
Mattius

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2020 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i'm finally done. Had a disappointing last game where it seem everything that could go wrong, went wrong Very Happy But not to put a shadow on what was a good campaign for me.

On 74.5 for now. Lets see if I can hold onto the Fling racial lead.

Had respectable scores for Woodies, Flings, Dark Elves and Khemri and I learned a lot (1st time with all 4).

Next i plan to keep on picking teams i've never played before. So my pool is Chaos, Nurgle, Dwarfs, Amazon, Lizards and Skaven. May be tricky to get that into the points allowance Very Happy
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2020 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done, pretty good Fling score I think, I'm certainly not gonna beat it. Maybe Wozzaa. Wink

So, is nobody going to mention that we have a new leader? Well done Joost, very strong run and three racial leads that will be hard to beat!
Joost

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2020 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Verminardo, and congrats Mattius on finishing and leading with flings!
Malmir

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2020 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes well done Joost - very good score!
lautrehamon

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2020 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Impressive score Joost, well done
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2020 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It's pretty amazing how close and active the Trophy is. If Strider wins his last game he will be the 4th coach to be tied for 3rd place. If fxiii gets 6 points out of his last 8 games he will go past them for a sole 3rd place. With 6.5 he can tie the Elven Union racial lead, with 7 he can even take it off Malmir (but can't get to 2nd place any more).

Those trucking along a little further down may have noticed the huge cloud of dust that Crystal_Hunter has been leaving behind as he blazed past. Who is that guy even, has anyone ever heard of him? He's on 77% win rate after 70 games, probably slightly behind the two leaders but could easily finish 3rd if he can keep it up...
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2020 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Chunter is yet another bb2 coach (of course AD has heard of him) Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2020 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I got my run completed now:

Dark Elves: 17/6/2

very promising start, then we dropped a bit but a tie was almost always possible. Shared racial lead with Malmir currently, might go to someone else, I think better is possible.

Vamps: 15/6/4

This was a tough one, just so easy to implode, so many decisions to take on when to go all in. At the end they had a good finish so still happy with the score.

Chaos Renegades: 16/2/7

I really liked this team and they were boss at the beginning(10/0/1), then they struggled at 1600 tv (0/1/5) in answer to that I had to fire my Blodge Stand firm Mino which dropped me down to 1100 for the last 5 games (4/1/0).

this seems to be a team where minmaxing really pays out.

Norse: 15/8/2

My relationship with Norse is somewhat difficult. I just seem to struggle against bash teams and even with a Yethee it's just so dam tough. I played vs 6 elf teams (5/1/0) and to be honest i was expecting more elves in the meta. somehow it has gotten pretty bash heavy and both my losses and most of my ties were vs bash teams. After the snow troll killed himself after a frenzy trap I did not replace him and it went a bit better after that.

It seems with the full minmax strategy one would probably run better, but I just don't enjoy it that much. Once I was running pretty well and saw that I might have a shot at the top I gave in to the temptation and unfortunately it was pretty successful...

Now off to claim that Ogre racial lead, and probably start playing some dorfs, the racial lead is only at 24.5 there so should be a piece of cake.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2020 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Strider! I'm guessing your Vamp run would have been racial lead in past seasons but kolian's score is just insane. Most of the racial leads are pretty crazy but the four Elven races are all relatively low so far, below Vampires and Underworld, even though some really good coaches have taken their shots. It's interesting.

As for min-maxing, yeah, if you refuse to play the meta game you are going to handicap yourself. I think your meeting a lot of bash might also be due to the fact you were playing at higher TV. In the 1000-1500 area there is a rather good mix in my experience, you get some games vs. Undead, Dwarves and Lizards but also some Stunties, Elves and such.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2020 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah if you look at Joost's games almost all were below 1500. I think it also depends that at lower team value there are more less experienced coaches, especially now that fumbbl has been flooded with new coaches.
But even with the ideal matchups and everything you still have to be very good and a bit lucky to make it to the very top.
Nachtogen

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2020 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

As the Trophy is about halfway done, I played my 50th game of it today, which is quite fitting and I'm still on track to finish at least one squad.

My Underworld Denizens, BBT3 Green Anger, have a score of 11 in 13 games (9/2/2), which isn't bad at all. Currently they're in the double elimination minor (tourney), so didn't get to play for a while, but I was pleasantly surprised by this race. And they're in the final of the losers bracket, so not bad at all.

My Dark Elf, BBT3 Black Angels, had a bumpy road. With 11 points out of 18 games they have an awfull record in my opinion (8/3/7). On the bright side, their last 3 games were wins, so who knows and they'll finish with a half decent record after all.

My Lizardman, BBT3 Golden Reptilians currently have 9 out of 9 (8/1/0). With one tie, that's a very good starting record. Might be possible to get the racial here.

And lastly, my Vamps, BBT3 Red Dragons, with 9 out of 10 going for a decent run too (7/2/1). I kinda like all the options they give, but each game still feels like a struggle.

So with 40 points out of 50 games, that would give me a decent finish if they keep this up.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2020 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Black Box Trophy stats page fixed after an issue cropped up with the Chaos Pact and Khemri leaderboards!
fxiii

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2020 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

2nd squad juste finished, phew !!

ended with 11 games of elf play, ending with 3 dwarves and 1 cd :p strange thing i activated 4 teams each time and elfs didnt show up until the end Smile

so, 74% , that's good, a momentary 3rd place shared with many great coaches, i'm fine with that !

humans: (18-4-3) 20 points, team did solid games and had not to suffer lot of dead and injuries... starts were difficult though with 6-2-2, so the end was really better !!

khemris: (17-4-4) 19 points, lesson learned from 1st trophy: start with mb instead of guard, sure better it is !! ended up with 7 wins in a row, (luckily)beating Malmir's Orcs for my last game, to draw racial trophy with him: awesome scenario !!

elfs: (15-6-4) 18 points, good run but high tv has been painful with guard/mb dwarf spam, we suffered 83 casualties in 25 games, a bit too much !! however, many glorious moves with my dumpoff catcher who ended with 4st and loads of fun !!

UW: (14-6-5) 17 points, finally quite disapointing as we stayed low tv all times with horned clawmb killers, but when bash doesnt work, team has been struggling and it happened a couple of times !!

overall score 64-20-16 is nice, especially looking back at the end of 2019 (started the trophy race while my little boy was waiting to join our planet (29th of december) and was probably not in a good mood for play: we were at this time 10-2-7 !! then we woke up to reach 50 games with 32-7-11 and realize a very good 32-13-5 on our last 50 games !!

a massive thanks to everybody involved, and special congratulations to Joost and Malmir, who made unbelievable runs !!!

time for 3rd squad, including halflings and ogres, oh yeah sexy times ahead !!
 Jump to: