37 coaches online • Server time: 09:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 16, 2020 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm currently running a league with a few of my friends, and have got to considering some interesting rules/concepts I might be able to incorporate.

I haven't considered balance or anything yet, but I thought about a sort of trading sytem. The idea that came to mind was that I could emulate it by creating a team roster that could hire all types of positionals that there are in the league, and then when the trade takes place having each coach hire them with freely allotted money. Then, I could just give them the same skill rolls, SPP, etc. Unfortunately previous stats would be lost, but they'd still be compilable through the past players tab.

Of course, this idea is very very clunky, and it'd be time consuming to pull off. Chances are we'll keep the league pretty vanilla anyway, but my question is if it's possible to transfer players to another team through any other method besides a lot of tinkering with the race's roster options.

Thanks!
det

Post   Posted: May 16, 2020 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

in the draft leagues we regularly trade and draft players...we have 0-1 position for all players, so 4 0-1 blitzers and 7 0-1 linos...but that's only to be able to have custom icons for each player depending on the St they have.

You simply hire the player and add skills/spps/injuries and a link to the previous player.
works, and now with some new features christer added it's just that simple.
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 16, 2020 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. And then I imagine you could upload the original portraits to use if you really wanted to. The only thing, and I think you mentioned it is that the in-client sprites are probably more abstract than with a regular team setup. Either way, that's a smart way to do that sort of thing. Thanks for your reply!
det

Post   Posted: May 16, 2020 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't follow you...you can upload whatever sprite you want...so we use edited versions of the standard icons...no difference, actually much more variety
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 16, 2020 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

But aren't the icons determined by race/position rather than the individual player? I think I'm missing something.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 16, 2020 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Right but he's saying make 'blitzer 1' a different position than 'blitzer 2' and they're both 0-1 positional, so you can choose the exact sprite each uses.
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 16, 2020 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like kind of a dope, but I'm still not sure I understand Confused

Wouldn't that mean that you'd have to make a 'blitzer' for each sprite desired, depending on the race of the traded player?
 Jump to: