45 coaches online • Server time: 12:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which skill would you give him ?
Shadowing
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Diving Tackle
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Strip Ball
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
Wrestle
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Pro
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Kick
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Sure feet
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Sell him for a ton of pie
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 39

lautrehamon

Post   Posted: May 22, 2020 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Golthanir https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=13082214
from this team https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=946674 just reach superstar, roll normal skill and I really don't know what's the best now.

He has +STR, tackle, side step, Frenzy. His main role is to sack the carrier but I feel that tackle/Frenzy are enough for that already.

So shadowing or diving tackle to make him more annoying ? Wrestle, pro or strip ball for better sack ? Sure feet to increase his range ? Really don't know what's the best option.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 22, 2020 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle maximizes sack chance vs Block, Sure Hands players (common at that TV).
Chivite

Post   Posted: May 22, 2020 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

If you faced a st4 blodge sidestepper what would it be the most annoying skill on such a piece? i think Diving tackle.
Sure he has a role, but like others have mentioned, sure hands is common, i wouldnt give wrestle to him cos the opponents WILL foul him, so.... either pro, which could be great for all kinds of actions, or diving tackle, and be a nuisance either next to the ball after you pop it loose, or tagging the ball carrier if you dont...

but you do you ^^
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 22, 2020 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Tackle is a good shout. Shadowing could be very annoying for some folks too.
Wrestle of course would be good, but you are building the other Wardancer in that direction.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2020 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Tackle is a good pick too, I suggested Wrestle because the main role of that WD is sacker and Wrestle fits that purpose.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 22, 2020 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

That is an amazing piece.
Wrestle and DT put it on the ground. You don't want him on the ground.

I'd go strip or surefeet. Or Surehands. Rerolling a pickup after you just let the ball loose can be invaluable in securing it.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2020 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that you don't want that guy on the ground ever, a wardancer like that gets hit by a foul with 0 assists any time he's down and diving tackle doesn't always work.

If he's off the field half the game is won.

As its a normal skill, I'd say shadowing as it adds to his current use while keeping him upright, or pro for blocks/blitzes and the occasional desperate leap without team rr.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: May 22, 2020 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle or fend.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2020 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadowing

comes with some of the upside of Diving Tackle (albeit via more rolls than a harder roll), without the downside of being prone after a failed Diving Tackle. Other than a handful of players, most won't be able to outrun him, and those that can are probably fragile enough for him to catch up to and take down.

Either that, or give him sure hands, as it'll benefit him on both offense and defense.
Joost

Post   Posted: May 22, 2020 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

@AD why fend over DT or even shadowing? Not arguing against it, just curious for the reasoning behind it.
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Among your list Shadowing, Sure feet or pro, but I'm not sure which one.

But I'd take dauntless. A 2+ to be on par with a big guy and push them in the crowd is cool.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Joost wrote:
@AD why fend over DT or even shadowing? Not arguing against it, just curious for the reasoning behind it.

You've surely played vs st4 blodgestep fend?

It's a complete pain in the ass in a screen as well as marking, can hold screen corners on its own.

[edit] I also know how lautre plays... he'll be in contact a lot and not necessarily in places DT is useful - more for blocks.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the answers, a lot good advices to consider.

Wrestle/Strip Ball get the more votes ; I'm building the other dancer toward that road though, hoping the big one will be a little less expose if not needed to jump in the cage each time.

AD saw an interesting point : I may end in contact a lot (too much ?) with that player, so Fend, Shadowing and DT all seems good. As pointed out, DT will put him down sometimes so with MA8 I'll go Shadowing. Never really tried that skill but I'm confidnet that can work here.
Joost

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

@AD I have played them indeed but I’ve always thought fend is most useful for lower AG players to avoid a dodge. I see less of that for a
Wardancer, which is why I was curious. Thanks for elaborating.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd consider Sure Hands an excellent choice and I'd probably go with that. Tbh I found it strange that you didn't include it in the original poll. Smile

Good luck with Shadowing though. Be careful not to be lured into a bad block by using it.