23 coaches online • Server time: 08:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
grant85

Post   Posted: May 30, 2020 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I am all sorted and excited to Kick Off!
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: May 31, 2020 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to El_Conde_Chuzhor og Nicoda and good luck for the last round to Spartako, Ghorgrix, Amok2714 fighting for the American win.

Please give me feed back on the rules!

Here is a link to the original version. I am still working on the best way to present them, and I have my eyes on a few tweaks, so Please let me know if You have thoughts or ideas.
https://www.bloodbowl.dk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/ATV-2020.pdf

Thanks a lot for participating. Thanks for Your inventive or not so inventive rosters.

Thanks a lot to the the great team of organizers. I helped out with rosters but all the important stuff to make the event run smoothly was done by the organizers crew.[/b]
Jump

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2020 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Was a great tournament, with these rules we saw a lot of races...so congrats, hope to have one new soon!
Flytime

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2020 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for another great Tourney Guys. Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2020 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to all for joining us! Smile
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2020 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazon 3
Bretonnian 4
Chaos Chosen 4
Chaos Dwarf 2
Chaos Renegades 4
Dark Elf 3
Dwarf 6
Elven Union 2
Goblin 5
Halfling 6
High Elf 6
Human 6
Khorne 5
Lizardman 2
Necromantic 4
Norse 8
Nurgle 4
Ogre 2
Orc 9
Skaven 3
Slann 7
Tomb Kings 7
Undead 2
Underworld 3
Vempire 0
Wood Elf 7
Total 114
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2020 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Tripleskull wrote:
Amazon 3
Bretonnian 4
Chaos Chosen 4
Chaos Dwarf 2
Chaos Renegades 4
Dark Elf 3
Dwarf 6
Elven Union 2
Goblin 5
Halfling 6
High Elf 6
Human 6
Khorne 5
Lizardman 2
Necromantic 4
Norse 8
Nurgle 4
Ogre 2
Orc 9
Skaven 3
Slann 7
Tomb Kings 7
Undead 2
Underworld 3
Vempire 0
Wood Elf 7
Total 114

I was surprised at how popular Norse were... 2 of my 6 games were against them with 2 different build sets, but both had Yheti's which I think is a risky approach. Also, norse's AV7 is always a worry for me...

Also presume no Amazons? Is that the ruleset or just because they're largely unpopular / boring?

I played Ogres and felt my roster was surprisingly strong and I saw alot of Halfling and Goblin teams and Flings in particular seemed to be getting good results. Was the bottom tier too strong? Or were they popular because people are happy to play Stunty teams online vs a real TT tournament?
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2020 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse is a glass cannon, but quite a powerful for a glass construction. Smile

Amazon are always unpopular and if anything I thing they are on the strong side, but for some reason people hate playing zons as much as they hate playing against dwarfs. Very Happy

Stunty teams are stronger than in most rules set, and I might need them a little, because I think the overall ration of stunties can be to large.
The design aim of the rules is to keep stunties at a negative win-rate and everyone else as close to 50% as possible. In some cases I have made minor adjustments to prevent some races to become too popular. Is there are as many stunties in the future I’ll probably tone them down.

I am very happy with only one race missing and no race above 8% (orcs are always more popular than they should be), but surprised to not see any vampires. I think the vampires look strong and looks good in the meta.
WildManTX

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2020 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My 2 cents about the ruleset. In the Americas the top 10, there was a pretty good Race and Tier spread. Only Woodies were taken more than once. There was also a pretty good Tier spread in the top 10 as well: 2 x Tier 0, 1 x Tier 1, 2 x Tier 2, 1 x Tier 3, and 4 x Tier 4. This looks pretty balanced to me with a great variety of races in the tournament and doing well.
mawph

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2020 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Glad it went well Tripleskull. Couldn't join this year, but maybe will get back in person another time to attempt to do better than my performance from last year!
What skills would you take with Vampires? I had a play with the roster generator (this year and last year!) and just couldn't settle on what felt like a reasonable roster for Vampires.
grant85

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2020 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

another wonderful weekend! thanks to organizers and my opponents. interesting build, open to so many options,neat to look through all the rosters. really appreciated the "NAF style" large group rather than 2 smaller groups. much more fun to see friends move up and down in the rankings and challenge buddies to see who had the better end result. cheers! looking forward to the next one already
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2020 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

mawph wrote:
Glad it went well Tripleskull. Couldn't join this year, but maybe will get back in person another time to attempt to do better than my performance from last year!
What skills would you take with Vampires? I had a play with the roster generator (this year and last year!) and just couldn't settle on what felt like a reasonable roster for Vampires.

Hope You make it to the Danish Open er at least an online version.

About vampires the first question is to use Wilhelm or not.
With Wilhelm I would Dodge up the vampires, take some block, wrestle and frenzy on the tralls.
Without frenzy You get two stacks and leader. That might be better. Blodge is the most obvious stack, so one of those seems like the minimum. Sure hands, dodge or a Sacker (block, tackle or maybe the more risky wrestle, tackle) might be worth considering.

Maybe some of the new stars can work?

I’ll have a look when I have the sheet. Smile
cdassak

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I found the ruleset very interesting and toyed with builds for several races, I think it promotes versatility a lot. Even though I couldn't play last weekend, I will propose to the Greek community to run our next tournament (after the Greekbowl) with the Danish Open rules.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion is not necessary drop stunties. Were they op? No. Just competitive like always should be. Congrats for the ruleset and the tournament, was really nice =)
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

inigocastillo5893 wrote:
In my opinion is not necessary drop stunties. Were they op? No. Just competitive like always should be. Congrats for the ruleset and the tournament, was really nice =)

No they are not broken in my opinion. Maybe just a bit more popular than I personally prefer as an organiser. I kind of like that they are there, but not too many . Smile
 Jump to: