38 coaches online • Server time: 13:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

No Slayers would make sense, they are supposed to be rare.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 20:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Let's not forget that almost none of the current plastic teams have a full roster. You need to convert those extra players, or buy models, be they from other companies a 2nd boxed set or booster pack.

So it may well be the case that the Underworld team won't change but you'll get an extra linemen and gutter you can't use and be down a 2nd blitzer and thrower. Same could well be true for the good roster. It might allow 0-2 runners and blitzers, but no slayers.

While that’s possible, I think it’s unlikely they’d use those models painted up as a team if they weren’t all on the roster, so I reckon there will be GR for underworld and slayers for the good mixed team

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Shushnik wrote:
Give us the rest of the damned teams first.

That's not how the GW business model is these days.

It works like this:
- make imperfect version of game
- start errataing even before release
- promise future updates (for money)
- keep fans hungry and always willing to pay for more
- never actually finish the product
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
Give us the rest of the damned teams first.

That's not how the GW business model is these days.

It works like this:
- make imperfect version of game
- start errataing even before release
- promise future updates (for money)
- keep fans hungry and always willing to pay for more
- never actually finish the product

Not just these days. GW has always held its customers in contempt. I was simply duped into believing the company had changed. But it did not.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if this means my dream of an underworld team with a troll and rogre will come to fruition
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 22:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

An interesting take as people are discussing GWs business practices. I read a story on the BBC a week or so ago which listed Games Workshop as one of a (very) small number of UK companies who’d pledged to pay back all of the money they received from the government to support furloughed workers. Maybe they don’t prioritise profit above everything after all? Wink

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Do they just not have the talent working for them any more? Good games designers with vision must be rare. Is it something to do with not crediting writers and in their publications now?

How much do we need to raise for Christer to buy the rights anyway?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

No need to buy the rights, just make a different version of BB with different ruleset and rosters without using any GW official IPs and names.
It could be only better than the official one, considering how bad the designers are.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

A "forces of good" mixed team is something a lot of people have wanted. Though I wonder if Dwarfs plus Humans will be overpowered. If there are Human blitzers and thrower in there, along with at least 3 Dwarfs to put on the LOS they will be really good. Though normally Humans have a speed advantage over many other teams. Not with Dwarfs lining up. Perhaps Human blitzers will be limited to 2.

I would have thought it would have been more of a lower tier team with larger numbers of humans and halflings allowed, plus smaller numbers of Elves and Dwarfs that have animosity. This version should still be fun though.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I find the negativity towards GW pretty amazing in this thread. They're making some of the best quality miniatures ever right now. Their games though certainly not perfectly balanced are higher in quality than they have been for a long long time. And this blood bowl edition (in)famous coaches aside is the best so far and we are getting new teams that fit inside of the existing tiers system and true to the fluff. What's not to like?

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Current Ogre team is not true to the fluff, your SL Ogre Kingdom team is true to the fluff:

https://fumbbl.com/help:OgrekT

Gnoblars on GW Ogre teams are too weak, they should have ST 2, MA 6 and AV 6 as you correctly portray them in your roster.

Dark Elf Assassins (referring to official DE roster) are not true to the fluff, they have MA 6 and no Dodge (so, they are as fast and agile as a regular Lineman, while in the fluff they are fast and very agile).

Orc Throwers are not true to the fluff, according to background Orcs play a running bashy game, without passing the ball, they like to smash their way to End Zone.

Norse Berserkers should have Dauntless to represent their frenzied immune to fear status.

Chaos Mutations should be random, and not picked by the coach. They are gifts given by the Dark Gods, not genetic engineering made in laboratory.

Chameleon Skinks are not true to the fluff. Shadowing may be quite ok (they stalk unseen their enemies), but they should have something to represent they meld with the environment, like Foul Appearance, or at least the blowpipe Secret Weapon.

Wild Animal players should randomly rampage and hit opponents and team mates when failing the Wild Animal test.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jun 30, 2020 - 00:43; edited 9 times in total
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I am amazed that you can see that four years later we still don't have a number of highly popular and competitive teams and fail to understand why some of us would be disappointed in such a lackluster effort.

Or maybe you should just keep your critical opinion of commenters to your damned self.
fidius

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Shushnik wrote:
Or maybe you should just keep your critical opinion of commenters to your damned self.

Whoa, easy man, nobody was critical.

I agree with you though. However I don't care to minimize the fun GW fans are clearly having.

If I didn't have this cursed need to earn a living I'd have written an alternative by now. Dakka would be my European distributor.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Shushnik wrote:
I am amazed that you can see that four years later we still don't have a number of highly popular and competitive teams and fail to understand why some of us would be disappointed in such a lackluster effort.

Shocked

Haha. Okay...

All the rosters have been released in print form . They are all in the coaches hand book, and were in deathzone before that. Nothing is stopping you playing with those teams now.
Yeah they don't have an official physical team yet and accompanying spike. But you should consider GW have a release schedule for all their games. It would not be practical to release all the teams in one go. They have to give necromunda, aos, 40k, underworld, warcry, Blackstone and titanicus releases over the year. They're supporting a lot of games at the moment and doing a really good job with all of them, and for the first time I can remember they are really listening to what fans want.
There are also good 3rd party miniatures out there too if you really can't wait. Personally Im happy for the staggered release, it gives my bank balance a break, and time to actually paint the teams.

Also releasing this spike and new team now makes perfect sense while GW are slowly returning to normal production in their factories. A huge chunk of their models are still unavailable because of covid. So easing back into things is a sensible decision. I'd expect this release to coincide with the full blood bowl range becoming available to buy again for the first time in 4 months.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump to: