54 coaches online • Server time: 10:22
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Leaked Team Listgoto Post New Rules breakdown?goto Post Stunty Tournaments
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka



Joined: Oct 09, 2007

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2020 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

With CRP PO, maybe having 2 UW Blitzers could be better than 1 Blitzer and 1 Gutter Runner, but with current PO (and consequent killing potential reduction), I guess that 1 Blitzer and 1 Gutter Runner should improve the team.
Both passing and running game are easier with a Gutter Runner.
plasmoid



Joined: Nov 03, 2009

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Purplechest.
Thanks for the kind words Smile
And yeah - that's the lineup my money is on. I think that looks pretty powerful, frankly.

And thanks for the invitation. Unfortunately my life does not fit well with FUMBBL, because I rarely have 2 hours in one sitting, and on top of that I'm a slow player. That's why I prefer pbem... and we'll have the new team implemented in no time too Smile

Cheers
Martin
Nighson



Joined: Mar 12, 2013

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/02/the-best-of-both-worlds/

Underworld has indeed changed from 2 of each rat, to 1 of each positional rat (including gutter runner), and three linerats. Gutter runners do not get mutations on a normal roll.
Java



Joined: Jan 27, 2018

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/02/the-best-of-both-worlds/

huge props to anybody who predicted that the sprues would determine the roster

that might give you hints on what's in store for the OverWorld roster

that said, no M on normals for the GR, that is something nobody saw coming


EDIT ninja'd by somebody sneekier and faster, is the new roster legal already? Laughing
MattDakka



Joined: Oct 09, 2007

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

So, to summarize, new UW roster is:

0-12 Goblins
0-3 Skaven Linemen
0-1 Skaven Thrower
0-1 Skaven Blitzer
0-1 Gutter Runner
0-1 Troll

Correct?

As an aside, 3 is an odd number, generally the rosters don't like odd numbers, with the exception of 0-1, otherwise the quantity is always in multiples of 2, although I understand they wanted to limit the rats to 6 as in the old UW roster.
mister__joshua



Joined: Jun 20, 2007

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 15:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
So, to summarize, new UW roster is:

0-12 Goblins
0-3 Skaven Linemen
0-1 Skaven Thrower
0-1 Skaven Blitzer
0-1 Gutter Runner
0-1 Troll

Correct?

As an aside, 3 is an odd number, generally the rosters don't like odd numbers, with the exception of 0-1, otherwise the quantity is always in multiples of 2, although I understand they wanted to limit the rats to 6 as in the old UW roster.


It’s just because there are 3 line rats on a sprue. That is exactly half of a boxed Skaven team.

_________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." - The Dude

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
pokrjax



Joined: Dec 01, 2014

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

From the point of profitability, it sort of seems odd to me that they wouldn't redesign a unique sprue. In this case, if you already had the skaven and goblin teams, and I suspect many coaches have been collecting the teams as they are released, you have little need to buy the new box when all you are getting is duplicates of models you already own.
Alien_the_Alien



Joined: Apr 22, 2020

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

It's also because it keeps the number of rats at 6, like it used to be.
PurpleChest



Joined: Oct 25, 2003

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Called it. Sprue integrity FTW. Rules secondary.

But much more interestingly:

A:fist fights in the dugout.

So, even a lone player in the dugout, still fist fights, doesn't have to be a mix of players. Cue meme's of lone goblins fighting themselves.
On EVERY turn when the underworld are down in score roll D6 +score difference and a 5 or more (so at least 50% chance of a fist fight EVERY turn if the opponent has a lead) means a fist fight in the dugout. In a fist fight each player rolls D6 and 1, 2 or 3 means they are KO'd. Arguably players are safer on the pitch. The upside is a bonus reroll for every player knocked out. Which i confess is nice.

Wow. Can't see anything wrong with that.


B: Amusingly the rule on animosity hasn't been updated to include Gutter Runners in the example it gives. Certainly one reading of the rule is that any player with animosity most make a 2+ to hand off to a Gutter Runner. They clearly don't mean that, but yet the example does says that.

Great work GW. Really top notch.

_________________
Barbarus hic ego sum quia non intelligor ulli
I am a barbarian here because i am not understood by anyone


Last edited by PurpleChest on Jul 02, 2020 - 16:52; edited 2 times in total
morgaur



Joined: Dec 27, 2016

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
A:fist fights in the dugout.

So, even a lone player in the dugout, still fist fights, doesn't have to be a mix of players. Cue meme's of lone goblins fighting themselves.
On EVERY turn when the underworld are down in score roll D6 +score difference and a 5 or more (so at least 50% chance of a fist fight EVERY turn if the opponent has a lead) means a fist fight in the dugout. In a fist fight each player rolls D6 and 1, 2 or 3 means they are KO'd. Arguably players are safer on the pitch.


I think that rule is specific for the Underworld Creepers team.Famous named teams have been getting specific rules consistently in Spike!, so I think that's the case. The WarCom article specifically calls the Underworld Creepers by name.
Coffee_Monster



Joined: Aug 01, 2019

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea think that rule is just for the Creepers.

Obviously its been built per what fits on a sprue, but I’d swap a blitzer for a gutter any day. We can pretty much guess what the oldworld roster looks like, just down to tree or ogre now.
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

morgaur wrote:
PurpleChest wrote:
A:fist fights in the dugout.

So, even a lone player in the dugout, still fist fights, doesn't have to be a mix of players. Cue meme's of lone goblins fighting themselves.
On EVERY turn when the underworld are down in score roll D6 +score difference and a 5 or more (so at least 50% chance of a fist fight EVERY turn if the opponent has a lead) means a fist fight in the dugout. In a fist fight each player rolls D6 and 1, 2 or 3 means they are KO'd. Arguably players are safer on the pitch.


I think that rule is specific for the Underworld Creepers team.Famous named teams have been getting specific rules consistently in Spike!, so I think that's the case. The WarCom article specifically calls the Underworld Creepers by name.


Yeah I also panicked about this rule, but it was in the deathzone that underworld were in. It is a special rule for the legendary team only, so can be ignored.

_________________
Image
Halfabrain



Joined: Jan 20, 2018

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I just going to come out say it. I hate this. Its a terrible change and will make UW less competitive not more. They'll probably do a bit better in NAF tournaments but in league or perpetual as on fumbbl it will make an already fragile team even more so.

They'll be great for about 5 minutes at the start of a game until the SV gets isolated or the GR is murdered and then they'll be ripped apart.

I don't doubt elite coaches will do very well with them when playing average opponents but for the rest of us mortals I can't see this as anything other than a stupid and badly thought out move based on marketing alone.

How are you supposed to develop players or a viable team when you've only 1 and he spends half his time injured? No mutation access on the gutter is the crowning insult, doesn't fit the fluff and makes no sense in gaming terms either.

Rant over.
PurpleChest



Joined: Oct 25, 2003

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

you also trade a thrower for a linerat. Which is.... cheaper?

I accept the special rule is for the Creepers only, my Rule-Lawyer-Fu is weak.
Still an awful rule.
And Gutters are the same race as all the other Underworld rats. So no 2+. just a bad example in the rule that they havnt updated. Cue reddit debate and errata update eventually.

_________________
Barbarus hic ego sum quia non intelligor ulli
I am a barbarian here because i am not understood by anyone
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfabrain wrote:
I just going to come out say it. I hate this. Its a terrible change and will make UW less competitive not more. They'll probably do a bit better in NAF tournaments but in league or perpetual as on fumbbl it will make an already fragile team even more so.

They'll be great for about 5 minutes at the start of a game until the SV gets isolated or the GR is murdered and then they'll be ripped apart.

I don't doubt elite coaches will do very well with them when playing average opponents but for the rest of us mortals I can't see this as anything other than a stupid and badly thought out move based on marketing alone.

How are you supposed to develop players or a viable team when you've only 1 and he spends half his time injured? No mutation access on the gutter is the crowning insult, doesn't fit the fluff and makes no sense in gaming terms either.

Rant over.


Gutter Runner does have M access, but on a double, it is a shame though i agree, feels like it should be a single too, but i see why they avoided it. I think this is a tiny buff tbh. 1 less St3 player in total, but a single gutter runner gives them a real one turn TD threat, and Ma9 Ag4 is just insanely good at any point in the game.

_________________
Image
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic