39 coaches online • Server time: 00:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope they remove the Loner trait from the Dwarves, will make them unplayable

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

So FUMBBL is the only online way to use this latest GW team. Go Christer and FUMBBL. Pfft to Cyanide!

Oscar Wilde
Bobs

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Isn't Old World Alliance a team from a very early Blood Bowl edition? Not just a random thought bubble?

Bobs wrote:
Should just throw together any 2 random sprues , give everyone either animosity or loner. Could get some interesting mixes.

Lizard/High elf anyone ?

2nd edition you could make mixed teams with rules from one of the books. I had Dark elves with a Chaos Dwarf Blocker,Skaven ,Ogre and maybe some others. Was good fun.

Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Isn't Old World Alliance a team from a very early Blood Bowl edition? Not just a random thought bubble?

sort of. You had mixed team rules as mentioned above ^

In terms of fluff you had a bunch of different mixed teams.

There was never a famous team that had this specific make up of players. But it's not a stretch by any means.

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

In the mixed race rules that appeared in White Dwarf for second edition there was some mention of a lawful or 'good' mixed race team which had treemen, elves, humans, dwarfs, etc. I can't remember entirely because it was a long time ago, but I think there was a table where you could roll for random good players. As far as I can remember it wasn't specifically referred to as 'Old World Alliance'.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Dungeonbowl had College of Magic teams made by a mix of races, by the way.
Each of the ten Colleges of Magic had its mix, so, yes, the mix of races concept is not a stretch.
What bothers me is Loner on Dwarfs and Halflings.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jul 11, 2020 - 13:36; edited 1 time in total
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

http://blitz.mmlpro.com/uncategorized/mixed-race-teams/

Just go whole hog and Cyanide it.

Wardancers with Dwarves
Tomb Guardians, Mummies and Flesh Golems together
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

i think there was the old world alliance team in lrb4 or when was it? in some experimental rules, along with the lustria teams
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

wallenstein wrote:
i think there was the old world alliance team in lrb4 or when was it? in some experimental rules, along with the lustria teams

yeah these were originally part of the citadel journal i think, can't remember the team composition off the top of my head, but iirc they were fan submitted ideas, and then got reprinted in the BB compendium.

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

So I've got my hands on the Spike now, no surprises, everything is as shown on the leaks.
no changes to Chaos Pact.

Last edited by Garion on Jul 11, 2020 - 17:12; edited 1 time in total
tussock

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

In the 2003 BB Annual they had Chaos Pact, Old World, and Lustrian.

0-12 base linemen.
0-2 secondary linemen.

Plus 3-5 allied teams that you could take 0-1 positional or 0-2 linemen from (including the base and secondary linemen's normal teams), plus 2-3 big guys, and allies were all Loners.

--

This new roster is more similar to those old rules than the current Chaos Renegades team, just a couple more dorf positions in place of a Wardancer and a Treeman. Which, yeah, sadly. Very Happy

Zons plus Lizards? Who wants Lustrian next?

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

As an aside, it doesn't make sense that Chaos Renegade team has no Loner players (apart from the 3 Big Guys) and the rest of the team has only Animosity.
Their team work should be worse than Old World Alliance's.
Not suggesting that Chaos Renegade Elf, Orc, Skaven and Goblin should have Loner, but since they don't have Loner, even OWA Dwarfs and Halflings should have not it either.
Animosity only on Dwarfs and maybe Halflings (although Halflings are merry people, while Dwarfs are grumpy).

Last edited by MattDakka on Jul 11, 2020 - 15:50; edited 2 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think everyone in the world that knows Blood bowl would agree that Loner doesn't really make sense in this new roster. It seems pretty clear it was added to nerf them.

Its just poor design from GW. really poor.

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

when is the team available on Fumbbl ?
ceetee

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Had a look at Spike 9 - it’s a decent read. The one oddity was the GA access for gutter runners in the roster, but multiple references to them being able to get mutations on normal rolls.

Much more enjoyable than it might have been. Spent this afternoon in my bits box looking for minis to make up the OWA Smile
 Jump to: