16 coaches online • Server time: 05:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Post Apocalyptic flop?
Waterworld
33%
 33%  [ 66 ]
Salute of the Jugger (called The Blood of heroes in some regions)
15%
 15%  [ 31 ]
The Postman
14%
 14%  [ 28 ]
Dredd (not the sly stallone one)
24%
 24%  [ 48 ]
Deathrace 2000
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
Deathsport
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Cyborg
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 195

Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice Write up.

Possibly You didn't notice that QS does not allow You to move players in a TZ? Quite important for OTS attempts.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

VLL mentioned jumping over prone and stunned players gaining +1 to that roll, so added

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Tripleskull wrote:
Nice Write up.

Possibly You didn't notice that QS does not allow You to move players in a TZ? Quite important for OTS attempts.

I don't see this? Quick Snap just says only open players can be moved 1 square in any direction. I assume this is what you mean?

which means players in tackle-zones (now referred to as marked) can't move..

still makes OTT a little trickier though in theory

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Another addition to the first post - The apothecary rules remain the same, because BH is less likely, and MNG + is much more likely the apo in effect has received a nerf

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

About stalling, in my opinion the definition is still too flawed to allow any implementation of a game changing rule about it, there are too many ways to go around it.

Besides the one-gfi-away stalling, I can see another loophole : what if I block my path to score with my own players? Say I place some players blocking the way to the endzone, forcing my ball carrier to go around them and do a gfi, or even completely preventing my ball carrier to move.
Technically the stalling definition applies to only one player, it says you are stalling if you can activate a player with the ball in scoring range. However in this case I would have to activate at least one other player first to free the way... so scoring requires activating two players, if I follow the definition strictly it is not stalling.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 13:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Another addition to the first post - The apothecary rules remain the same, because BH is less likely, and MNG + is much more likely the apo in effect has received a nerf

He needed it! The reason I started playing regen teams was cos I was fed up with his string of successes and felt it was unfair ok my opponents Wink

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mattwakeman

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Allow subs and make halves seven turns but if you score in the 6th or 7th turn then the opposing team is given two turns to at least try and score back.

I get that lots of people like the tactical element of stalling and you need something to counter the ots or high agility teams but the answer (imo) is to lessen the extreme ends of the dash/bash scale rather than try to impose rules which people (understandably) immediately look to see how they can be 'gamed'.

\rant over
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Tripleskull wrote:
Nice Write up.

I don't see this? Quick Snap just says only open players can be moved 1 square in any direction. I assume this is what you mean?

Yes, You can only move Open players on a QS, so no player in a TZ can move on a QS. Something You normally often want to do when setting up a chain push OTS.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Tripleskull wrote:
Garion wrote:
Tripleskull wrote:
Nice Write up.

Yes, You can only move Open players on a QS, so no player in a TZ can move on a QS. Something You normally often want to do when setting up a chain push OTS.

cool, yeah that was already covered in my first post, as I stated they need to be "open", but added a bit more text to make it more clear. thanks

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess the problem was my reading skills on phone. Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Nicouf wrote:
About stalling, in my opinion the definition is still too flawed to allow any implementation of a game changing rule about it, there are too many ways to go around it.

Besides the one-gfi-away stalling, I can see another loophole : what if I block my path to score with my own players? Say I place some players blocking the way to the endzone, forcing my ball carrier to go around them and do a gfi, or even completely preventing my ball carrier to move.
Technically the stalling definition applies to only one player, it says you are stalling if you can activate a player with the ball in scoring range. However in this case I would have to activate at least one other player first to free the way... so scoring requires activating two players, if I follow the definition strictly it is not stalling.

I dont think the definition is flawed. Its quite clear.

However what you're proposing is a loophole on how to avoid "the penalty" (whatever that is).

Technically you are correct... if you have all your players blocking enough squares to mean you have to go around them and GFI into the endzone, then yeah, sure you can play on.

But if all your players are doing that, then who is marking the other team chasing you? I would counter that your scenario would never happen save a near pitch clearing drive.
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Apo has slightly changed, I think. You can no longer use it on journeymen or mercenaries.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

@ClayInfinity if you are stalling in a cage with ball carrier (B) just in range from the end zone, it only takes one additional Guy (G) to close the side of the cage and then you "can't" score without dice

X - X
- B G
X - X
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:
Garion wrote:
Apo has slightly changed, I think. You can no longer use it on journeymen or mercenaries.

Thank you.

Please delete that image though

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2020 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Another little changement : reroll gained thanks to Brilliant Coaching result on the Kick-Off Event table only can be used during the drive (or is lost).

We'll have to keep track of 3 different types of re-rolls : team classic one-s, leader one, brillant coaching one (and sometimes will have to chose between leader or brilliant coaching one).