51 coaches online • Server time: 14:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen the future and it is Skaven Domination of BB2020. This is due to being able to choose your skill more easily combined with seasons.

Why is that you say? The logic is as follows.

First skill on a Gutter Runner coaches will always choose a random roll for a stat improvement. On a D16, the result of 1-13 can be +MV. That is your most difficult stat as it will take 18SPP before you can take it. 8 Spp latter you take Sprint and 12 SPP after that you take Sure Feet. At 38SPP you have a guaranteed natural one turner. When the season ends I am paying the fee to keep him until I can build another one. As he will score often, he will likely get another skill or two in his career.

Oh, but that is not all. Look at the Skaven Blitzers. At 6 SPP I am taking Mighty Blow and then 14SPP later I will be taking claw. With these two players on the team I will be happy to restart at the end of a season and it will be fairly easy for me to rebuild replacements when a couple of seasons make them too expensive.

Throw in skills like Fumbblrooskie and a Pair of sure hands on the thrower, and things get even tougher for the opponents.

Any other thoughts?
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

MA caps at 9...

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 08:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

That was a short thread Razz

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Kondor

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

D_Arquebus wrote:
MA caps at 9...

If true (and I don't doubt it) I will happily accept that. Could you let me know where you saw that?

Even so you just need one push which is almost as good. Younger teams will have less stand firm and sidestep so a push is not as worrisome.

Lets rethink it then shall we? First skill sprint, second Sure Feet, Third Side Step. All for 26SPP. Or you could choose to spend 6 more SPP and get nerves of steel to help receipt of the ball. Either way, you have a reliable one turn option. Other teams will still struggle mightly against that.

Being able to skill quickly is going to help fast teams even more than before.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 08:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

There’s a max stat profile in one on the photos Ma9 Str8 Ag1+ Pa1+ Av11+

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
sebco

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
Could you let me know where you saw that?

Page 28, there is a CHARACTERISTIC TABLE which shows minimum and maximum for each characteristic. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

That 26 Spps is only 5 short of what they need right now to get the exact same skill package to exact same effect Smile

Runners cant throw much anymore. Breaking cages and having the move left to recover the ball and then Hand Off vs Quick-Short pass it out of there is a big ask. Especially when you are down on numbers and moving at full speed to cover a lot of ground.

Reliable Claw will be nice on the Blitzers. My regular League opponent's UW Blitzers always outshine mine by a fair way. But then, they are also better protected than Skaven Blitzers as well Smile

I have found it challenging in the rebuy mechanics to build 1T TD rat, Cage Breaker Rat (or two) and Ball Rat, plus assorted Muscle to assist them and also carry a bench. Admittedly, we have very short seasons of only 7 games, so that may not tell as much in B or R.

But I would agree that great Runner Stats, good stats across the board for cheap(ish) and solid progression will make Skaven good in a smallish budget rebuy environment.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
D_Arquebus wrote:
MA caps at 9...

If true (and I don't doubt it) I will happily accept that. Could you let me know where you saw that?

he is correct, Ma is capped at 9. Also Ag does not go above the equivilent of 5 now. the whole rulebook is on the web

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

See this thread for more info about one turning in 2020:

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=31539
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I have seen the future and it is Skaven Domination of BB2020.

Fine. Can we all just stop talking and start playing BB20 now?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I have seen the future and it is Skaven Domination of BB2020.

That sentence seems written by Thanquol, a megalomaniac Grey Seer who uses to sniff Warpstone and then sees visions of Skaven total domination of the world.
Very Happy
No mocking intended, be it clear.

Linerat: "Powerful Lord Thanquol, our Gutter Runners can't move more than 9 anymore."

Thanquol: "Somebody will pay for this! <shaking fist>".
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanquol: *unleashes Boneripper*
 Jump to: