54 coaches online • Server time: 19:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Askrum

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I would choose kick, since it's so hard to skill zombies (and cause wights can't get any really useful skills on singles)
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle, stripball, passblock, pro, in that order on my ones
origami

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, as a number two skill for a Wight, after tackle, it's probably a good choice. They have a pretty limited skill selection. Plus, tackle + strip ball makes for a nice blitzer. Most of the time your opponent will be hitting the ground, and if you do happen to roll pushbacks, then the ball is still knocked free. It will be better against elven teams - they don't start with sure hands, and aren't likely to get it in their first few skills. If you are facing lots of dwarves/orcs/humans/etc then it will be significantly less handy - your opponents will learn pretty quickly to give the ball to a sure handed player.

Personally, I will often cage down the field with my thrower - especially with my AG3 teams. This allows you to have the threat of a quick pass for a TD, while constantly getting closer to your opponent's endzone. With my elves..well...they are going for a two-turn TD and I rarely allow a blitz on my ball carrier. In either case, strip ball isn't much of a threat.

It does come in handy when ball handling mistakes occur and you get into a scrum with lots of 1d blocks and pickups in tackle zones. The only time that I truly fear strip ball is when I'm playing elves and my opponent has a leaping strip ball player - also known as a Wardancer. Smile

If your RL opponents are less experienced and don't really know how to defend against stripball, then it's likely to be much more useful. Regardless, it's a decent skill for a wight - but I'd still get tackle next.
Adar

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I always try to have one player with strip ball in my team. Alot of players choose to give their catchers and blitzers skills that actually allows them to run around with the ball rather than pick it up. It's abit like with kick, the option means that you get an extra chance to cause trouble for your opponent and at the cost of one skill choice is it definatly worth it.

Jump to: